[D10, MA](Soyokaze's Forge) Bitter Almonds (Expecting)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D10, MA](Soyokaze's Forge) Bitter Almonds (Expecting)

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:55 am

"That may be your hope but it isn't the reality of your situation. Unless something extraordinary happens you will be engaged to someone here. Under more traditional circumstances the matchmakers would interview you and then force you to go on supervised dates with potential matches. Then, if you didn't connect with any of them as you are trying to do here, they would put you in whatever marriage that was the most beneficial for them and the clans involved, if you're lucky that means coupling with whoever managed to tolerate you the best on those dates. However you are very lucky, you are at a Miai where the matchmakers are obsessed with love. That means that they are taking our wishes into account. So even if you don't believe in love, in any of this I would suggest you try to find someone you don't hate and then fake it as hard as you can with the time you have left, otherwise you may end up living in Seppun Yuzu's palace like a caged bird until he has the heirs he needs from you and disposes of you, if you haven't killed him first. In trying to avoid a terrible marriage you are assuring you will have one."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:18 pm

"I know very well that I'll be matched with someone here. That doesn't mean it has to be anyone actively participating in these stupid events. I also know how nakodo work but I -unlike anyone else here apparently- understand what my role is to my clan. What I want doesn't matter. All that does matter is that I am used to strengthen the ties between my clan and another." As she spoke it seemed like she was holding something back. Hiding it.

"And if for some reason I am married to that petulant child then he will not live a very long life."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:21 pm

"So what do you want? Besides to be left alone i mean. Unsei sent you to the softest, smallest "pretty" boy she could, would you perhaps prefer a mirror?"
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:27 pm

"I want people who don't know me to stop acting like they do. I want Unsei to get out of my business. I want many things but what I want doesn't matter."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Profile/Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:38 pm

"You keep saying that. Yes a samurai's life is not their own, we live only to serve. Except here and now, the Shika have given us all two weeks where if we choose we can ignore all of that and live for ourselves. We can enjoy life however we want. For many of us that has been pursuing the dream of love, fully understanding that it can all be shattered at the end but for some it won't. What have you done for yourself in the past ten days? Have you indulged in any of you passions? Even the Lion here have let bushido slip here yet all it sounds like you have done is sulk and bemoan your future instead of enjoying your present. Maybe there is nothing here you can enjoyable but I get the feeling you haven't really tried."
Description

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:59 pm

"I'm done wasting my time here. Think what you want of me, kid, but know it's wrong." She shook her head and walked out. If he wanted to keep believing in this incorrect idea of her then she wasn't going to try and correct him.

Whatever he said she wouldn't stop and left.
Profile/Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:53 pm

Soyokaze just sat there, letting his guest leave. "Do you even know what you want?"

/scene
Description