[D10, MA](Soyokaze's Forge) Bitter Almonds (Expecting)

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D10, MA](Soyokaze's Forge) Bitter Almonds (Expecting)

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:58 am

Soyokaze pulled a bottle out from a cloth draped shelf behind him and poured the Bayushi a drink. "Yours is a dangerous beauty, what we can see is interesting enough for ones imagination to take over. Though, all romance aside, I am personally interested in your tattoos; the artwork of them that is." he drained his cup of tea and poured himself some sake as well. "As for you question well...I do not want to be a disappointment to my future wife. If we are being honest I was hoping Unsei-sama would teach me when I asked them about it but I did not know about their coupling with another when I went there."

Why the hell would you tell that to a Scorpion??? Kami am I tired.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:30 am

When Soyokaze finished speaking Luixian was left there motionless and as still as a statue. Her body language was rigid and tense. Then she stood as her anger and ideas for revenge on Unsei were doubled down on. "No one expects a virgin to be any good. I'm sure your wife would understand but if you want to practice with Seppun-san so badly then get them to talk with their lover about it. Some are into that sort of thing." Her words were calm. Almost too calm.

With nothing left to say and no want to be here she turned to leave and would leave if there was nothing else said. She would not be given an imperials scraps.
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:40 am

Soyokaze didn't move. "If your are insulted on your friends behalf I understand but if you want to mistake me considering someone I hope will be a safe and discreet choice as a personal attack you mistake me for someone I am not. I do not know many here and few of them are women, would it be better if I just walked up to someone I don't know, recited a poem and tried to get them into bed? Perhaps you would like to hear the one I wrote for you?" There was no joking in his words, there likely was a poem.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:55 am

"Asahina-san I view you as nothing more than a child who was swept up into another game that my cousin has orchestrated. My same cousin who has repeatedly attempted to set me up with someone only for it to then be revealed that the men were nothing more than the scraps they didn't want." Her voice took on a sharp edge. "And I am not a dog to be fed scraps."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Profile/Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:03 am

"Demons quake with fear
The painbringer fears no man
Moonless nights hid all"

Admittedly that was meant for last night when the moon was hidden. You have such a low opinion of yourself, maybe THAT is why Unsei-sama wanted to pair us together? It seems like you distain all of this and I can understand that, but all I have offered you is a drink and friendship, if I was aiming for more than that at this point I wouldn't be this honest with you. I knew I never had a chance with you but that doesn't mean we can't be friends. Unsei-sama's methods are...odd but doesn't mean they can't lead to something beneficial to you. I am a smith trained by the Kakita, is there no one here you would like a gift for? Hikimasu-san can attest to my work."
Description

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:22 pm

"You are the second person here to make assumptions about me and it's starting to piss me off. The first claimed I lacked compassion and didn't work well with others. Now here you are saying I have self esteem issues. I have the oddest sense of morbid curiosity as to why people I have never spoken with before repeatedly attempt to act as if they understand me when even my cousin cannot." She slowly turned around and looked at him.

"So I will spell it out for you." She uttered in that same calm tone as before. "Unsei wanted to pair us together because that cursed pile of Moto shit believes that all I want to do in my spare time is sleep around and that if they pair me up with the right person to sleep with then I'll suddenly be happy about getting married. You are the second person they have tried this with and I will not have it happen again." The lack of honorifics to the Imperials name was a clear indicator that they no longer had any respect for them.

"If you wanted friendship then you should've tried to approach me before that Imperial sent me here to try and get you laid."
Profile/Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:33 pm

Though he did not cower the bravado his weariness had afforded him faded and he returned to the meek little Crane he was. "You are right, I am making assumptions, but I can find no other reason that you would think of yourself as a cast off; a second choice. I don't know what your relationship with Unsei-sama is, clearly it is complicated, but it's only natural for someone to introduce two people they know to each other; especially when one shows interest in the other. I'm sorry that my inability to approach you myself has caused you such strife, truly, but I am the cause of it not Unsei; I asked for the introduction once I learned of your connection. So if you must find an outlet for your rage, a person to hate then hate me. Curse me, strike me, challenge me to a duel you won't be the first."
Description

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:56 pm

"Did you truly show an interest in me, little Crane, or did Unsei volunteer me up as a replacement? Who was it that spoke my name first in your conversation? Because I will bet my life that it was Unsei." A shake of her head before she continued her calm words. "I can already hear their smug little voice. "Oh I know someone who might be able to help you, Asahina-san. She loves small effeminate men.""

"And you have caused me no strife because you didn't approach me. I much prefer being left to my own devices so I have no idea where you would have ever gotten the idea that I was pining over someone not coming to speak with me."
Profile/Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:21 pm

"In truth you caught my eye on day one, among others I admit, I believe I have mentioned you to Hikimasu in the past. But you are rather intimidating and I am not the strongest of men, it was just my good fortune that I befriended someone who knows you. I can understand wanting to be left alone but we are not in control of this situation or our own futures here. The only way to escape marriage is at the end of a blade, don't you want to get to know at least some of those the Shika would pair you with before it happens? Unsei did make you sound more...eager is not the right word...willing to meet and get to know me and I admit that at the time my manhood was in control of me but I would honestly just like to get to know you."
Description

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:16 am

"You want me to be honest? I'm hoping the Shika pair me with none of you. I'd rather a random guard who hasn't gotten off duty this entire time. All any of you have done this entire time is run around and get your hopes up. Everyone has their eye on someone else and all that's going to happen is when you don't end up getting the one you want you're going to be a bunch of fucking babies crying and pining over 'the one I lost'. Half of you aren't going to give your new also forced there spouse the time of day and it's going to lead to more than a small number of bitter marriages because instead of being smart you got your hopes all worked up for one specific person that five others were also trying to get."

"I don't want to have to deal with that. I don't want to try and get to know the person I have to spend the rest of my short life with only to have them make it unbearable because they were a fucking dumbass and still have their heart set on random Dragon #27 because her bonsai was the best and surely they would've worked out perfectly as a couple even though their marriage brought no good to either clan."
Profile/Description