[D10 LM, Soyokaze's Forge] Interesting times

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: [D10 LM, Soyokaze's Forge] Interesting times

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:51 am

"I admit, my days have been relatively simple - compete in an event, drink tea with various people, go home to S-"

He probably shouldn't have said 'go home', should he?

"-To sleep, striving to achieve victory the next day. Beyond my attempt to reach out and connect with the various minor clans, I share no news of myself because there is little to share, truthfully."

He realizes he hasn't eaten one of the cakes, making it seem likely they are poisoned. He takes one at random and begins to consume it to show otherwise.

"As for myself, I do not need to root for my cousin. I have faith in him to see it through to the end and reach his own happiness, win or lose. This is why I say us Lion are not so intertwined - his objective is Oubaihime-sans hand. My objective, in regards to you three, is Oubaihime-sans happiness - and right now, that requires both of you."
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:58 am

"I thank you for that, your care for Bai-chan. I don't know what else I could do to make her happy. I could try to be more like Murato-san I suppose, try to be everything for her but that would be ingenuine and she would see through it. I spoke my heart to her and she spoke hers, we both know where each other stands and I am prepared to wait for her to make a decision...or for the Shika to. But I'm not here hiding or ignoring her, far from it, she is as much a part of this space now as my anvil, but I need to get these things done. They cannot wait any longer."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:05 am

The Kitsu sighed and nodded, finishing his mooncake before standing to bow.

"Thank you again for your hospitality, Asahina-san. I wish you the best of luck with regards to your projects."

His tone turned deadly serious.

"I ask only that you remember this - there has always been another way. You know this, she knows this, I know this. Duty to a worthless lord is a disservice to the Emperor above him - time is running out in that regard, Asahina-san. Decide for yourself - who do you really serve? And why?"

With that, he took his leave.

[/scene?]
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:09 am

Soyokaze jumped up. "Wait! She knows that? You told her about your offer to me? Or did you make her the same offer? What did she say?" Fire flared in his eyes but it was not anger but pure emotion.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:28 am

The Kitsu remained impassive, at first.

"Slightly different wording, but yes. She came to me for advice two days ago - asking on the nature of war, suffering, and romance. We've had many a talk - we have discussed life in the Lion lands, confidence, plays, and even painted a painting together but yesterday. I must remember yellow next time, I must say."

He seemed so... casual, about the whole thing. But the message was deafening, practically a roar on the battlefield. And that roar said in no uncertain words I have been here the entire time, and you never saw me coming.

"Ah yes, but my offer. My suggestion to her was slightly different - to you, I suggested a death and change of identity. with her, she came to the conclusion of you deciding to take a Musha Shugyo - free from your clan's clutches, you could follow her home and disappear into the annals of history - and her arms."

He paused to think - for effect, of course.

"What did she say? Ah, I remember, but let me paraphrase - 'I will not force them to do that. If they wish to go on Musha Shugyo it should be for them, not for me'. But that said, she didn't seem to refute the idea of taking home someone with their own reasons, from what I recall."

He pointed to the Asahina's heart.

"And you have very, very good reasons of your own. Of course, I'm sure your servant would be welcomed willingly."
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:33 am

And this is why I can't trust the Lion. After all my kind words about him and Unsei.

His face grew enraged.

"Get. Out."
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:49 am

If Jigoku itself had found a reincarnation, in Soyokaze's eyes it was likely in the Mourner himself. A twisted, vile grimace looked back into Soyokaze's bonfire of anger with an almost sadistic tide of pity. Outside, the winds began to howl in full force, as the rain nearly jumped back into the sky itself from fear as it fell.

But no, he did not move. He most certainly did not 'get out', as instructed. The darkness seemed to eclipse the forge.

"What ires you so, Asahina-san? That I was her friend before either your or Murato-san ever laid eyes on her? That she came to me, not you or Murato-san, for advice about matters of the heart? That you thought the only people she ever saw in her life were you and you divinely ordained rival?"

Somewhere, deep within, it felt like Moshumaru was laughing behind his perfect, hateable visage.

"Is the idea of her having friends so hurtful to you?"
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:55 am

"The idea that you court her while trying to feed me ideas of happiness, offer me ways of a future with her. You maneuver behind not just my back, for we are enemies clearly, but also your own kin? When you have already supposedly found happiness? I though the Scorpion were supposed to be the villians but it is you. You DO play with me for your amusement, you and Ishioka both, the only one of your color I trust right now is Murato because I at least know his intent."
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:25 am

"Court her?!"

Perhaps it was the contempt talking, but somehow it sounded both aghast and... mocking? But what approached the Asahina, falling in closer and closer with each step, was less than amused. It was like death itself.

But... he stopped. The wall of sheer fear seemed to dissipate, internalize under a deep breath. He let himself relax, catch himself, and begin again. Not as a demon. Not as a reincarnation of Jigoku. As a human.

"No, I didn't court her. I never courted her. The painting I painted with her was because I wanted her help to give Unsei-chan, the love of my life, the best git I could. She knew this from the beginning. When we have talked it has always been on advanced topics, not as partners or lovers but more as kohai and sempai. I have been a friend to her, and nothing more."

He sighed.

"Did you really think I would have done all this to simply torture you and Murato-san? You have had that done to you, and done that to yourself, several times over. Murato-san was my classmate since before my gempuku, and I suspect I owe him my life. I wrote the final record for Ishioka-san's sister after her demise. If I truly desired her, she would have told you of how I turned you into an irredeemable monster in her eyes, and yet I have extolled your virtues even to the likes of Usogawa Narumi-san. If I truly sought her hand, you would have never had a chance and Murato-san would be chasing a Moto bride or somesuch."

He sat down, in direct defiance of the Asahina's orders.

"That is not to say I am offering you scraps from my plate - I genuinely want her to be happy because I saw how miserable she was in her early days here. I genuinely want to you to find happiness so that I can finally save one Crane from what I have seen. You have already started to walk away from this miai - now start doing it for yourself."
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:34 am

"Do you really think the Shika will see it that way? That you are just good friends who have great conversations and things in common? You have been courting her, you may not see it that way and she may not but to the eyes of the world you have been. This is a Miai and you are not stupid, far from it. You risk my happiness, Murato's happiness and Unsei's happiness with your actions."
Description