[D10 LM, Soyokaze's Forge] Interesting times

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: [D10 LM, Soyokaze's Forge] Interesting times

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:59 pm

That took him by surprise, but seeing Soyokaze's eyes warm made him accept that this was no threat.

"Thank you. Oddly enough, I was speaking to Kaito-san yesterday; she still thinks the world of you. It's why when I didn't see you at the event, I came down as soon as I could excuse myself."
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:10 am

An idiots grin crossed his face at the mention of his beloved. "I'm sure she did exceptionally today, she's been going out to the forest a lot recently hunting a rabbit, I wonder if she caught it today." he had to shake off the daydream he was slipping in to. "You know, you Lion are making it very difficult for me to make a decision about you. At times I think you are a united front bent on destroying me then you do things like this, checking on my welfare." He shook his head, still warmly smiling. "Were it not for Unsei-sama I imagine I would be furious right now. Every time I start to like one of you you do something to break that trust. I like you Moshumaru-san and I trust Unsei-sama's judgement in you, I hope that lasts." He stifled a yawn and filled their cups.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:43 am

The Kitsu considers the words before speaking.

"I don't think we're as unified as you think in that regard, Asahina-san. I don't know what happened between you and Matsu-san last night, but all I knew going in was that there was an event for people to meet other people and bought some sake for it."

A sip.

"Of course, were an offence be made, we would stand together, but we are not running on the operational level you think we are. I'm out of the loop, however - why would you be furious right about now?"
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:53 am

"Despite my personal reservations about it I went to Ishioka-san's party, Unsei-sama even had someone they wanted to introduce me to. The first thing Ishioka di was introduce me to Narumi-sama who I had met once before briefly, an ice breaker I assume. Before we could speak more than out greetings to one another he dragged me away unceremoniously and placed me in front of Moshi Shizuka...right along side your Kitsu cousin, I'm sorry his name escapes me at the moment." He took a sip. "I had told Ishioka that I found the Moshi attractive and he used that to immediately embarrass me and pit me against one of you yet again, as if contesting against one Kitsu isn't enough. He sought to use me to make your cousin look better. So I obliged and left the party, giving your cousin all the time he needed and none of the competition. I've been here since, working. I thought embarrassment might be the order of the evening but I was surprised it happened so quickly I hope I didn't ruin the fun too much." His voice held an amused tone but his face was flat.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:06 am

The Kitsu listens, confusion growing as the tale continues.

"...Strange. Why would he do that? I will speak with Matsu-san; see if I can find the reasoning behind his actions. From what I know of him attempting to humiliate you like you say he did is completely out of character, so my initial guess is some kind of misunderstanding or some hidden factor neither of us were aware of."
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:25 am

"I want to believe that, I hope it is true. I will admit that I was nervous and very distracted, I probably shouldn't have gone at all but I had given my word. I feel bad for the abruptness with which I left, not to mention that twice now I have almost met Narumi-san which is awkward despite not being my fault. Did you attend the event?"
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:34 am

The Kitsu nodded.

"In a sense, but mostly I was there to assist it's running, rather than personally attending, so to speak. Were it not for Unsei-chan's designs, I would have likely simply spent the evening with her."
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:45 am

"I did Unsei-sama a disservice, I told her I would attend and they had someone they wanted to introduce me to, I suspect the Bayushi. I owe an apology." he sipped. "Or I dodged an arrow, I'm not sure."
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:15 am

The Kitsu nodded, not passing judgement in one way or another.

"I imagine the decision between apology and arrow is Unseis," He jokingly showed his missing fingers, "But you need not worry if I am the one firing it."

A sip.

"I will say this about Bayushi Luixian-san; When I spoke to her, she spoke to me about her disgust at the idea of being gilded in a cage, kept on a silk leash. She seeks to still be a samurai - to still serve in a way she winds meaningful and fulfilling, rather than simply a wife. I would tell you more but, for reasons I do not know, my attempt to match her with Kitsuki-san ended very quickly."

To be fair he didn't know the Kitsuki, but that was better left unsaid.

"If you find yourself struggling, I can only suggest two things: Be yourself, and show your inner steel, your conviction. Inside you there is a man who has carried a mountain upon his back, but has stood up from under it where many fell. That is the Asahina Soyokaze I have come to respect, and I have no reason to doubt she will as well."
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:20 am

"Well I doubt it matters now and I'm not sure I want it to, at least not for what Unsei-sama had in mind."

Or you had in mind.

"Either way I do need to apologize, I like Unsei-sama and don't wish to upset them. But enough about me what have you been up to?" He ate another cake. "And why do you suggest I am at risk of losing Bai-chan? I appreciate that you want me to be happy but aren't you rooting for Murato-san?"
Description