[D10 LM, Soyokaze's Forge] Interesting times

A gathering of vendors for artistic materials and products
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: [D10 LM, Soyokaze's Forge] Interesting times

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:54 pm

The Kitsu wanted to press for answers, but didn't.

"Duelling is in three days time. Today was hunting. If time worries you so, let me help."

Without hesitation, he stripped his yakuta, revealing a different scarred body and fundoshi.

"I'm no craftsmen, but I take orders with the precision and discipline of any Lion. Tell me what to do and I'll do it."

His eyes showed complete sincerity and honesty in his offer.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:01 pm

The Asahina smiled warmly through tired eyes. "I thank you for your offer, really I do, but the nature of what I make, who I make it for demands privacy. It's a matter of honor." There was weight behind that last word and he hoped it would convey that nature of the blade he made without having to say it. "I doubt the Kakita want me sharing their secrets anyway" He said jokingly.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:05 pm

"Ah." The Kitsu nodded, understanding. Then again, he didn't exactly rerobe himself, but instead...

"I'll offer a second and third time for etiquette's sake, but since your time is pressed I won't demand proper refusals. I will speak to the Deer on your behalf, however - but I will need to know who the sword is for in order to do so."
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:12 pm

"Speak to the Deer on my behalf?" His confusion was real. "The blade is for one of our fellows, one who has been dealt a raw deal by fate and denied an important part of our samurai heritage. I will finish it, in time. But what of you, how are you doing and how can I be of aid to you?"
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:22 pm

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:12 pm
"Speak to the Deer on my behalf?" He confusion was real. "The blade is for one of our fellows, one who has been dealt a raw deal by fate and denied an important part of our samurai heritage. I will finish it, in time. But what of you, how are you doing and how can I be of aid to you?"
"By giving me the answers I need to help you."

His voiced offered no more retreat, no more compromise. He was pushing the offensive on the Asahina and he could either surrender, or break.

"I will speak to the Deer on your behalf because someone organized events so that you had to choose between the love of your life",
he let the words hang like a second over seppuku before continuing,
"and something which, if every quartermaster I worked with is correct, can easily wait a couple of hours. That someone has unduly and unnecessarily put their needs before yours, because that is what your clan does in the name of courtesy."
His allusion to their last conversation may not have been necessary, but it felt right.
"In the name of compassion, from one servant of the Emperor to another, I am giving you a choice. Let me help you with the sword, or tell me who told you to build it and which person decided you need to do it while the love of your life is being competed for."

He breathed in, then out.

"You have your choices - pick one."
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:51 pm

SIGH

"No one is forcing me to do this but me. The blade is for Aimi-san." His eyes softened with compassion. "She has no wakizashi, I am fixing that and while she asked me to do it I am the one pushing this schedule." He sat back, leaning against one of the stall's posts. "As for the Deer, I spoke this morning with Doji Oharu-sama about the Deer and my performance in this Miai and he assured me that I was already doing everything I can to reach my goal and complaints or questions of their judgement would only hurt my already weak position."
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:53 pm

"A valiant cause." The Kitsu nodded. "One I'd argue is more valuable than our survival task was, were we to keep our judgements private from the deer. "

"But I can't help but wonder - if you are tired of dancing for the Deer's entertainment, how will you hold on to the one you love? Will you hold on to the one you love?"

He pondered.

"Heavens, I half wonder if the spite between our clans started because of conversations like ours which always land on heavy topics. If we can arrange a time where we can talk about something less urgent or worrying it would be nice, but your schedule is your own."

The Kitsu robed.

"I can bring you back some food, so you don't need to leave for lunch. What suits you?"
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:06 pm

"What time is it, is it time for lunch already?" The Crane turned his head towards the back of the forge. "HAMEKO!" The young Kakita girl shot up startled, her sword in hand. "Go pick up our order from Yojiro and bring back another for Moshumaru-san...and some sake." The apprentice smith bowed and rubbed her eyes before exiting out the back, yawning. "I hope that was not too presumptuous, will you dine with me?"
Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:25 pm

The Kitsu nodded, now properly clothed and properly seated. If there was any intention of a trap, he didn't seem aware of it.

"Of course - it's the least I could do, considering. It might be better for us to enjoy the desert alongside a proper meal."
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:30 pm

His expression became warm. "I spoke with Seppun Unsei-sama yesterday. I am overjoyed for you and wish you both success and happiness." Many questions swam in his eyes but he did not pry.
Description