[Day 9, Early Evening] A Cause For Thanks (Expecting)

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Shiba Raizo

Re: [Day 9, Early Evening] A Cause For Thanks (Expecting)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:47 pm

He sighed.

"Koi-chan, I am head over heels for a ronin. You think I give a damn about 'importance'?"

Sip. When he spoke again, his tone had become teasing.

"Besides. Anyone who's so adorable when flustered is someone I'd do well to keep on hand, hm?"
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:59 am

This time Koi sighed softly before sipping her sake. "You make a fair point, where in Phoenix lands do you call home so I know where to send letters too?"

Koi blushed. "I could say the same thing about you with tw fingers sho-" She caught herself and beamed a smile. "If it matters, I have fallen in love..."

She hasnt said it outloud yet, and it felt different.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:27 am

"Dad works in Nikesake. Mom stays close enough for propriety, but not close enough to run into him by accident. I think she's been touring the major temples of the Phoenix provinces for the last ten years or so. I... tend to reside in various crummy army camps."

He paused as the idea struck him.

"I'll actually have a place once I marry. I'd have to. I wonder where it'll end up being..."

He shook his head to banish the thought.

"For now, send any letters to Shiro Shiba. They'll get to me sooner or later. Once I have a more permanent home, I'll write you..."
Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:59 am
"If it matters, I have fallen in love..."

She hasnt said it outloud yet, and it felt different.
He smiled at that.

"Anyone I know?"
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:43 am

Koi nodded. "Kami, would my life be better if my Mother was somewhere entirely else for 10 years or permanently.." She said coldly without realising she spoke aloud before shaking her head.

"Well, when you do get a home if you need help decorating, or things made for your home myself and my tools are only an invitation away." She beamed, she was becoming her own little carpenter and she found that very satisfying.

"I shall do." She said happily. "Will your clan be okay with you marrying a Ronin if her are allowed too?"

Koi smiled and tapped her nose. "That would be knowing."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:08 am

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:43 am
"Well, when you do get a home if you need help decorating, or things made for your home myself and my tools are only an invitation away." She beamed, she was becoming her own little carpenter and she found that very satisfying.
"Careful, I may just take you up on that... not least because my sense of the aesthetic is a stunted thing, and I'm going to need whatever help I can get!"
"I shall do." She said happily. "Will your clan be okay with you marrying a Ronin if her are allowed too?"
"She's a shugenja. And while she's a ronin, she's a ronin the Deer saw fit to invite to their miai. Those two traits combined, plus the lack of any need to offer her clan compensation? I think they'll manage. And if not? That's what they get for letting the Deer make the matches."
Koi smiled and tapped her nose. "That would be knowing."
"So that's a yes then..."
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:39 pm

Koi practically hooted with a smile. "As long as the marriage with my potential spouse is applicable I would be honoured to assist with making your home comfortable. Honestly, I find great pleasure in it and smiled. I am almost considering approaching my Lord and seeing if there are any positions amongst the crafters in the Clan so I can learn more."

It might actually cause him to have a heart attack me wanting to be something She thought, and sipped her sake for a moment before nodding along. "That is fair, if needed I can vouch for her as well but I am only a minor clan though any help is good help. I write a mean reference." She laughed warmly.

Koi nodded. "Hai."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:01 pm

"So, it's someone I know, and someone you're in love with."

He sipped. Grinned.

"it's me, isn't it? Oh, how tragic, they'll write a dozen plays about it, each more florid than the last..."

He was plainly joking.
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:18 pm

Koi snorted. "Raizo-kun, I would ruin you. You wouldn't be able to keep up, and you know it."

She waved her hand, and smiled teasingly. "No, its not you but I shall keep it secret for now."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:29 pm

"Well, naturally. What's the fun in telling anyone?"
Remember to Breathe

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:33 pm

Koi laughed softly and sipped the sake, it was growing on her and she enjoyed the flavour. "What do you plan to do if you dont get aligned to Aimi?"