[D9, LE, open] Second Chance Mixer

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Seppun Unsei

Re: [D9, LE, open] Second Chance Mixer

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:24 pm

Unsei came out of the corner like some terrible specter. "Did someone say watching the moon and stars?!"
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:58 pm

Kitsu Tsugumasa wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:49 am
Tsugumasa was....not particularly comfortable with the idea of attending the mixer. He thought that Matsu-san had something a little more....controlled in mind. Still, he'd said he would appear, so appear he did.
“Ah, Tsugumasa-sama! I’m so glad you came! I don’t believe I’ve had the pleasure. I am Agasha Inoshishi. You look truly handsome this evening. Ishi-k..Ishioka-san suggested we might go on a double date with you and the esteemed Moshi Shizuka. I will happily make any introductions required. Have you been to the castle of the Centipede? It is a glorious work of architecture that truly makes one appreciate the glory of Amaterasu. I’ve only just come from there. The Centipede are truly a remarkable clan. Did you know they’re run exclusively by women? Rather like your Matsu, I suppose. Still, it’s a rather unique style of government. Of course, I suppose the Utaku are similar. So perhaps not that unique after all! Mushroom?

She bows gracefully, her courtier training on display even if she lacks the economy of words most have. After all, it’s not like there’s a fee for them. Although Ishioka would likely have preferred she not shake the bag of fresh and dried mushrooms in the Kitsu’s direction.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:00 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:24 pm
Unsei came out of the corner like some terrible specter. "Did someone say watching the moon and stars?!"
The young Seppun looks to Unsei and nods, "Hai. It seems that Lord Moon is not in the Heavens, but among us today. Wouldn't you say so?"
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:02 pm

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:29 am
Soyokaze approached the front of the sake house, the dread of his first visit and the uncertainty of this visit looming over him. "Alright Ishioka-san, I am here."
"Asahina-san," the Lion says, loudly and happily. "I am very glad that you could join us. One of the things you told me helped to make this happen, so I hope it's helpful to you and to others..." The smiling Lion resists patting the Crane on the shoulder. "A drink first, or would you prefer to dive right into conversation?" Ishioka starts to survey the room, looking for who from his list for Soyokaze is currently available.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:06 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:00 pm
The young Seppun looks to Unsei and nods, "Hai. It seems that Lord Moon is not in the Heavens, but among us today. Wouldn't you say so?"
"Oh. He's always out and about at this time, even if the clouds hide him away. The same goes for the stars and other heavenly bodies as well."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:14 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:02 pm
"Asahina-san," the Lion says, loudly and happily. "I am very glad that you could join us. One of the things you told me helped to make this happen, so I hope it's helpful to you and to others..." The smiling Lion resists patting the Crane on the shoulder. "A drink first, or would you prefer to dive right into conversation?" Ishioka starts to survey the room, looking for who from his list for Soyokaze is currently available.
"I think I need a drink or twelve first Ishioka-san. How does the night find you?" He seemed like a bird ready to take flight, back to his cramped little forge where it was safe.

Maybe I will just drink the whole night, this was a mistake.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:15 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:06 pm
"Oh. He's always out and about at this time, even if the clouds hide him away. The same goes for the stars and other heavenly bodies as well."
"I would be so blunt as to say I can feel his chi flowing." The boy looks up to the skies again and takes a deep breath.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:23 pm

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:14 pm
"I think I need a drink or twelve first Ishioka-san. How does the night find you?" He seemed like a bird ready to take flight, back to his cramped little forge where it was safe.

Maybe I will just drink the whole night, this was a mistake.
The energy he can sense from the Crane is nothing new to Ishioka. Just like a new hohei, thinking assignment to Kyuden Hida is a punishment.

The tall Matsu pats Soyokaze on the shoulder as a means to gently push him toward the bar. "A fine strategy. Never set out on a journey," he says knowingly, avoiding any battle-related metaphors, "without thoughtful preparation." With his cousin moved on, Ishioka steers the other man toward the Yume-do brand sake to... expedite his preparation for a journey. "This isn't the strongest drink around, but it's strong enough that you won't need very much." He hands him a cup that's purposefully only half full. "No escaping from mixing with people by passing out, hm?" Ishioka says kindly.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:44 pm

Seppun Yuzu wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:15 pm
"I would be so blunt as to say I can feel his chi flowing." The boy looks up to the skies again and takes a deep breath.
"....Okay then, cousin." They said a bit awkwardly. It seemed like they thought he was perhaps losing his head a bit, but didnt verbally say anything about it.

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:48 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:23 pm
"No escaping from mixing with people by passing out, hm?" Ishioka says kindly.
Damn

"Thank you for your guidance." Soyokaze glanced around the room but he wasn't sure what he was looking for, a friend, an exit, her? He turned to face his host. "Just being here feels like a betrayal. There isn't enough time left to woe another and I don't know that I want to or have the Will to force myself to. I see a few bold women here, bolder than I, if any of them were interested in me they would have approached me by now no? Heavens it's not like I am hard to find." How he missed his forge right now. He took a drink.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.