[D9, LE, open] Second Chance Mixer

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Kitsu Tsugumasa

Re: [D9, LE, open] Second Chance Mixer

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:23 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:27 am
"Oh, of course! I've done alright, honestly. A bit better at the beginning, in all honesty. But I believe I've conveyed my status rather well and feel confident that the Deer will match me with someone that I will fit well with. How about yourself? I imagine the fighting ones were more difficult than a number of the others since you're a Shugenja and all. I've found that my bond with the Ikoma family has done much to keep me going through this whole process."

She smiles easily and confidently, her kimono clearly enhancing her already considerable confidence. It's almost impossible to see the skinny almost-urchin she was when she entered this town. In deference to his refusal of the mushrooms, she try's to keep herself from eating them, ending up tapping the fingers of one hand rhythmically on the bag instead. Luckily, the sound is mostly deadened.
Tsugumasa nods.

"It has been....difficult to distinguish oneself. The initial interview with Shika Pei Pei-sama went very well, but my training has been more towards the spiritual than towards spirited displays of athleticism" he admitted. "Is Agasha-san looking forward to a coming event in particular?"
Lion Clan * Shugenja * Miai Candidate

"Failure would shame my ancestors."

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:56 pm

Kitsuki Edogawa wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:43 pm
That comment made him pause, turning back and shaking his head. "No. It isn't a curse. We just live in a dangerous world."
"Sure. Whatever you say. It's just the world being dangerous causing all those around you to die." She answered as she looked at him. The mask revealing nothing.
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:27 pm

"I am pleased you understand." he nodded and departed.
Dragon Clan 🐉 Investigator 🐉 Courtier 🐉 Bushi 🐉 Gamer 🐉 Curious 🐉 Softhearted 🐉 Observant 🐉 Wise 🐉 Doom Whispered
Honor: 54 | Glory: 51 | Status: 30

Carries: Ceremonial Clothes, Wakizashi, Knife, Yo-Yo, Journal

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:41 pm

Kitsu Tsugumasa wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:23 pm
"It has been....difficult to distinguish oneself. The initial interview with Shika Pei Pei-sama went very well, but my training has been more towards the spiritual than towards spirited displays of athleticism" he admitted. "Is Agasha-san looking forward to a coming event in particular?"
Inoshishi ponders for a moment. “I think I look forward to the all equally. A lot of people seem to worry about how it goes and what will happen. I will be what I will be. It is possible, after all, that even the greatest among us are not a good match according to the arcane knowledge of the Deer. Among the Dragon, we know no fear of marriage or it’s parts. It will be or it will not. As for you?”
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:29 pm

Moshi Shizuka wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:12 am
Enter stage right. Shizuka was late, she knew it, but some things couldn't be rushed. They happen on their own time, on their own rhythm.

Strutting through the doorway with the exaggerated figure-eight step necessitated by the tall sandals she wore to keep her robes out of the dirt and mud, the Moshi scanned the room to find the host of the evening's...festivities?
The Lion who had helped to bring the event into being was being particularly watchful for the Moshi, and as she arrived and looked around, he was quick to catch her eye.

And to, somewhat abruptly interrupt
Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:11 am
in order to snag
Kitsu Tsugumasa wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:31 am
while also somewhat crassly taking the arm of
Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:34 am
with only a smile to explain the Crane's rapid departure from
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:20 pm
"Moshi Shizuka-sama, welcome. I hope that you've met these fine gentlemen but if not then it truly is my pleasure to introduce Kitsu Tsugumasa-san and Asahina Soyokaze-san." The Matsu ensures both are directly in front of the charming Centipede to catch the full effect of her radiance.

"While they entertain you, I shall be sure to get you a drink. We have some very fine Yume-do sake donated especially for this august event, unless Moshi-sama has a different preference?" As soon as the Matsu has an indication of the lady's drink preference he will disappear without additional words or attention from anyone.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:44 pm

The Dragon woman laughs soundlessly, shaking her head. Him and his plans. Well, her part was done, for the moment. Onto more...scandalous opportunities. She considered who to approach first. The Utaku was...promising, but she'd been hoping to get Narumi alone again. And this wasn't exactly that, but then again, this wasn't exactly the place to do what she wished with the Utaku anyway. Waiting until she was sure
Utaku Kheree wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:11 am
was looking, she meets the other samurai's eye and subtly tosses her hair before miming eating something out of her hand, her eyes sparkling as she stores up defiance for future fun.

Hopefully she's timed her approach right and
Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:20 pm
will till be off balance. After all, following in the wake of the large Lion, she doubted Narumi would even be looking her direction until Inoshishi was appropriately in place with a polite smile on her lips directly across from her.
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:48 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:44 pm
Shit.

"Shit!" Narumi turns and is confronted with the -admittedly beautiful- Dragon-ko, and puts a hand over her chest. "You startled me, um, Agasha-san..."
What does she want? "Shall we imbibe?" she motions with her other hand toward the collection of donated sake... definitely needing a drink now.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:00 am

The Dragon stills and there's a brief flicker of pride at the Otter's surprise. She might have Inoshishi beaten hands down in the 'knows how to Low Land' department, but Inoshishi has her own tricks to play too. The Agasha looks in the direction the Otter gestures. "If you wish." She looks at the new kimono, cocking one eyebrow. "Ishioka?" Instead of walking over side by side, or one in front, or anything keeping with standard tradition, Inoshishi crooks one arm, a clear invitation to the Otter to take it. Her eyes dance mischievously.

"I've had so much fun since our little conversation. I thought perhaps it would be a good idea that we talk again, see how you are doing, to what ends our Ishioka-san has you put you. Was that the Crane? Most important." Her words are pitched to be intimate, which would be assisted by taking her arm (since she's too close anyway, the minx), but the mischief in her eyes suggests she'd be talking this way regardless. Other than the pitch, she sounds genuinely curious. While these words could be said with daggers or just straight up swords, hers are little drops of honey, sincere aside from a small hint to join her in a shared wickedness. Her eyes, usually innocent and sweet, also have that same light dancing in them. Might as well hang her in a museum with the title "Up to Something".

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:10 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:29 pm
Snip
Soyokaze was shocked and confused as he was dragged away from another conversation with Narumi just as it started. When he came to a stop and regained his focus he blanched.

No, not the pretty one, when did she get here.

He then looked at the man standing beside him and watched Ishioka disappear into the crowd.

That bastard, it was a setup! He only brought me here to make his clanmates look good in comparison. I don't have time for this, I don't have any time left at all.

He bowed to the Moshi and again to the Lion. "It is a pleasure to meet you both but forgive my shortness, I must be going now." He offered them both another bow and left the sake house.

/exit scene
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:13 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:00 am
Her eyes narrow minutely. "Hai." She looks Inoshishi up and down discreetly. "Ishioka?" she punts back, before her painted lips quirk into something like a smile as well.
........ Oh, this is what we're doing.
With a deep sigh, and a glimpse back to the now-busy Matsu, Narumi pauses for a moment before taking Ino's arm. What the hell? With luck, she'd be drunk soon.
Here we go.
"I, uh.." she tries to start as they begin their walk, "Hai, Asahina Soyokaze-san, he's a um.. project, of Ishioka's," Narumi shrugged lightly, mind racing to catch up. Despite herself, the Dragon-ko is charming as ever. But definitely Up to Something.
"I've been doing some thinking," they arrive at the sake, and Narumi pours a cup for Inoshishi and hands it to her before serving herself.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands