[D9, LE, open] Second Chance Mixer

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Bayushi Luixian

Re: [D9, LE, open] Second Chance Mixer

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:47 am

Kitsuki Edogawa wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:28 am
He nodded. "My mother. My father and sister. A mentor. My betrothed. Other friends. Some see my as a death bringer."
Luixian took a long sip.

"You can leave now. Not interested in dying young because of someone else and I'm not about to risk it."
Last edited by Bayushi Luixian on Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:11 am

Kitsu Tsugumasa wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:31 am
"Ah, so, I hope that Matsu-san has been pleasant company for you."
Inoshishi smiles quite brightly. "Hai, he has, indeed! I have found most of the Lion delegation to this event to be quite pleasant company to keep. I look forward to getting to know you better, Kitsu-sama. As I hope you look forward to getting to know Moshi-san! Is there anything I can get for you? Anything at all? I imagine Matsu-san will be finished with what he's doing any minute now, since I know you know him already."

She notices Narumi comes in looking fancy as well. Well. No better time to test out how well her new outfit really looked, since Ishioka was, by definition, not an impartial judge.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:18 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:11 am

Inoshishi smiles quite brightly. "Hai, he has, indeed! I have found most of the Lion delegation to this event to be quite pleasant company to keep. I look forward to getting to know you better, Kitsu-sama. As I hope you look forward to getting to know Moshi-san! Is there anything I can get for you? Anything at all? I imagine Matsu-san will be finished with what he's doing any minute now, since I know you know him already."

She notices Narumi comes in looking fancy as well. Well. No better time to test out how well her new outfit really looked, since Ishioka was, by definition, not an impartial judge.
"Ah yes, well, Matsu-san has spoken very highly of Moshi-san, so I am hopeful that we will enjoy each other's company." he said.

After all, there weren't many people at the miai who matched what he needed. Certainly not Unsei, Koi or Luixian.

"Ah, no I think I'm good, as far as refershments go." he said. "Um...perhaps just some light conversation? How have you found the challenges at the miai thus far?"
Lion Clan * Shugenja * Miai Candidate

"Failure would shame my ancestors."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:27 am

"Oh, of course! I've done alright, honestly. A bit better at the beginning, in all honesty. But I believe I've conveyed my status rather well and feel confident that the Deer will match me with someone that I will fit well with. How about yourself? I imagine the fighting ones were more difficult than a number of the others since you're a Shugenja and all. I've found that my bond with the Ikoma family has done much to keep me going through this whole process."

She smiles easily and confidently, her kimono clearly enhancing her already considerable confidence. It's almost impossible to see the skinny almost-urchin she was when she entered this town. In deference to his refusal of the mushrooms, she try's to keep herself from eating them, ending up tapping the fingers of one hand rhythmically on the bag instead. Luckily, the sound is mostly deadened.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:12 am

Enter stage right. Shizuka was late, she knew it, but some things couldn't be rushed. They happen on their own time, on their own rhythm.

Strutting through the doorway with the exaggerated figure-eight step necessitated by the tall sandals she wore to keep her robes out of the dirt and mud, the Moshi scanned the room to find the host of the evening's...festivities?
Centipede Clan • Shugenja • Sun Priestess • Hot-blooded
Honor: 60 | Glory: 45 | Status: 30
Carries: Wakizashi, kiseru, oil-paper umbrella, scroll satchel

"As long as you shine brightly, people around you will follow!"

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:07 am

Bayushi Luixian wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:47 am
Luixian took a long sip.

"You can leave now. Not interested in dying young because of someone else and I'm not about to risk it."
He nodded. "Who would be? Enjoy your evening Bayushi-sama."

Edogawa poured another drink before walking away.
Dragon Clan 🐉 Investigator 🐉 Courtier 🐉 Bushi 🐉 Gamer 🐉 Curious 🐉 Softhearted 🐉 Observant 🐉 Wise 🐉 Doom Whispered
Honor: 54 | Glory: 51 | Status: 30

Carries: Ceremonial Clothes, Wakizashi, Knife, Yo-Yo, Journal

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:04 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:05 pm
Utaku Kheree wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:11 am
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:25 pm
Yuzu having been diverted by Unsei, Murato nodded to the Utaku. "Good evening Utaku-san and Khar-san," he greets with a bow. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

He also offers a bow to Unsei after their approach.
Yuzu's attention returns to the Lion duet and the Unicorn after the short conversation with his Family member.
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:11 pm

Kitsuki Edogawa wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:07 am
He nodded. "Who would be? Enjoy your evening Bayushi-sama."

Edogawa poured another drink before walking away.
Luixian didn't understand rhetorical questions so when asked she answered. "I don't know who would be. Suggest seeing a priest or whatever to work out a deal to get it removed. Have a good one." She lifted up her bottle in a goodbye before taking another drink from it.
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Kitsuki Edogawa

Post by Kitsuki Edogawa » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:43 pm

Bayushi Luixian wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:11 pm
Luixian didn't understand rhetorical questions so when asked she answered. "I don't know who would be. Suggest seeing a priest or whatever to work out a deal to get it removed. Have a good one." She lifted up her bottle in a goodbye before taking another drink from it.
That comment made him pause, turning back and shaking his head. "No. It isn't a curse. We just live in a dangerous world."
Dragon Clan 🐉 Investigator 🐉 Courtier 🐉 Bushi 🐉 Gamer 🐉 Curious 🐉 Softhearted 🐉 Observant 🐉 Wise 🐉 Doom Whispered
Honor: 54 | Glory: 51 | Status: 30

Carries: Ceremonial Clothes, Wakizashi, Knife, Yo-Yo, Journal

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:20 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:11 pm
Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:34 am
"You are too kind Usogawa-sama, I have been heard far more than I have listened since coming here. Ishioka-sama among others have offered this one much advice and support. If I can return that kindness to any here I am happy to, we all need someone to hear us."
"Well, perhaps Matsu-san's mixer can introduce you to a samurai who'll delight in talking your ear off, and you'll be listening all the days of your life," she smiles again, raising an eyebrow in jest.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands