[D9, LE, open] Second Chance Mixer

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Usogawa Narumi

Re: [D9, LE, open] Second Chance Mixer

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:46 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:31 pm
Ino gave the textbook answer and Narumi regarded her for a moment before she downed her cup of sake in one shot, just like a Crab, and inhaled sharply.
"Hai. Whatever my husband and his lord decide, is the right of it."
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:06 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:46 pm
“ is the right of it."
Inoshishi cocks her head, noting the drinking and shrugs. Not if Narumi doesn’t want to say exactly what she’s planning, no skin off Inoshishi’s nose.

“What will you do if you are paired to a mirror?”
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:19 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:06 pm
Her own expression went blank as the mental record skipped and skewed off track.
"I- I-" she tilted her head to the side, having never considered it. "I don't know?"

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:28 pm

Inoshishi giggles. “As will no doubt surprise you” she says, dryly, draining her cup in the same fashion, “I have not pondered this idea quite…thoroughly,” she says, leaning in closer to the Otter and raising one hand to brush a curl from the Otter’s forehead. “And certainly never with present company,” her big eyes never leaving the Otter’s.
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:07 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:28 pm
Inoshishi giggles. “As will no doubt surprise you” she says, dryly, draining her cup in the same fashion, “I have not pondered this idea quite…thoroughly,” she says, leaning in closer to the Otter and raising one hand to brush a curl from the Otter’s forehead. “And certainly never with present company,” her big eyes never leaving the Otter’s.
Had they been further into their cups there would've likely been a very different response from her but as it stood Narumi had enough wits about her to realize where they were and who may be watching. She tenderly takes Ino's hand and lowers the intimate gesture before dropping her gaze as well.
"But it wouldn't be just you and I, would it?"

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:48 pm

Inoshishi doesn’t resist, knowing she’s pushing the Otter’s boundaries with all of this anyway.

“I never believed it would be me and one other. I’ve seen the way we are.” She makes a gesture, clearly indicating everyone in the room and beyond. “I suppose there are those that take one partner and stay with them and them only till the die or retire, but I suspect many of those die very young.”

She ponders, clearly debating expanding her answer, before nodding slightly to herself and doing so. “I would rather I know the other my partner is with and like them, even be with them myself, than have it be some faceless person that works against me.”

“I suppose it must be odd, knowing how strongly I know I will be part of one of the Great Romances, to know that I don’t believe in one on one pairings.” She shrugs. “It just seems like a lie to so many. Why bother?”

She grins softly, watching this question game turn from a barely-gempukkued ‘would you rather’ and into something deeper.

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:58 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:48 pm
“I suppose it must be odd, knowing how strongly I know I will be part of one of the Great Romances, to know that I don’t believe in one on one pairings.” She shrugs. “It just seems like a lie to so many. Why bother?”
... Ishioka could not have fallen in love with two more different samurai-ko.
After taking a moment to fully process what Ino said, Narumi laughed incredulously, and blushed so furiously under her pale makeup that her eyes momentarily watered.
She was going to need many, many more drinks. So she started pouring.

"Then I suppose if you're meant to have a Great Romance, I'm meant to die young. Kampai." She raised a brow to Ino, handed her her refilled up, and downed her own in one shot.
Still, Narumi offered back a smile in return. Everything kept leading her back to this point. She watched the Dragon's intent and leaned in closer to her, close enough to smell the aroma of mochi that lingered around Ino consistantly.

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:13 am

Taking that as her cue to ask a question, Inoshishi debates...the hard or the cute. There was plenty of shochu for later, if it was necessary, to patch things up with Narumi. After all, alcohol was a great forgetter of problems. They said even the angriest of Lions and cunning of Scorpions could drink together for a time. Lord knows the Ikoma used it's healing properties steadily.

Inoshishi moves closer, trying to pitch her voice a little more privately. Which is growing steadily harder because the sake is lubricating this conversation. "You've been many places, seen many samurai. Maybe NOT seen more than you care to recall. How many samurai look not a whit like their father? Or are sired at winter courts not attended by said father? I grow weary of the lies Low-Landers tell. You may hold onto your pretty lies when it is all the same to you. But in this case, I must ask you plainly. Who would be a better one to share you partner with than I? I who will discuss our problems with you. Plan so it is fair and not merely catch as catch can. Who will never betray you nor your trust. I who will talk with you, flirt with you. Keep you warm when he cannot."

Whoops. That's...out. Her face turns plum red. She quaffs the sake to dilute the shame. Or at least pretend it's diluted.

"Tell me true, how do you, a marriager," she pauses. Nope, that's the word she wants. "Marriager, who has seen all there is to see of relationship and patched it up as often as not, how do you still believe there is one single person that will stay faithful with their word to you like I will? Who will never lie to you?" There's an intensity in her eyes that the sake can't drown entirely. She may well be insulted (generally, not personally) by the idea that there is someone more willing to speak truth than she is. Endearing, in it's naivety, perhaps, but a dangerous trait none-the-less.

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:24 am

Kitsu Tsugumasa wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:47 am
Tsugumasa grimaced a bit.

"Pardon me, Agasha-san, there is someone I need to speak with before the party is over." he said, bowing to excuse himself.

He made his way over to the Moshi.

"Moshi-san, Matsu-san has suggested I introduce myself to you. I am Kitsu Tsugumasa, it is an honor to meet you." he said with a bow.
"Kitsu-san, good evening." Shizuka returned his greeting with a bow of her own as she sized him up. "The honor is all mine, I assure you. I was not interrupting something important, I hope?"
Centipede Clan • Shugenja • Sun Priestess • Hot-blooded
Honor: 60 | Glory: 45 | Status: 30
Carries: Wakizashi, kiseru, oil-paper umbrella, scroll satchel

"As long as you shine brightly, people around you will follow!"

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:09 am

There it was.
Ino, without question, backed Narumi into a corner. Painfully and obviously pinned, she made sure the Otter saw exactly what things would look like going forward. No sugar coating. No flowery words. Just straight facts to be taken or left as they were spelt out.
Narumi understood exactly what was being said, every intonation and implication therein.
After being knocked down and embarrassed at the temple, she was damned if there'd be a repeat.
She met the Dragon head on, leaning in so close their foreheads were nearly touching, and let her fingers trail down Ino's arm from shoulder to elbow.

Now listen here, you little shit...
"You make your point. I've travelled and I've seen a lot, you're right. I make matches but have never known what it is to find my own. I've made port up and down the River of Gold, and known samurai but never bothered to get to know them. I had no inclination to become invested.
Until I got here.
And it's been one complication after another, after another. If there are terms and conditions to being with him, as you've made throughoutly clear there are, and if you're the condition, then really I must be the fool you think I am if I were to see anything other than the offer you present being the one in my best interest to take.
There's no escaping you. There's no having him without you. You're every bit as much a part of him as his honour is, woven into his very fabric.

And the worst part is I see what he sees! So if I want him, I get you too- whether I want you or not- and I'm daft not to want you; for all the reasons you so condescendingly pointed out."
She removes her hand from Ino's arm and moves to her thigh instead, tracing achingly slow circles.
"If he loves you, and you love him, and I love him, then there must be something wrong with me not to want to try? You're too irresistible to make any attempt to deny him of you, you've got him. And I don't stand a chance without your help."