[D9, LE, open] Second Chance Mixer

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Usogawa Narumi

Re: [D9, LE, open] Second Chance Mixer

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:55 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:11 am
Inoshishi picks up the cup before the question to sip a little, setting it back down as the questioning begins in earnest.

She considers. "Food. Perhaps someone willing to take a skinny, dirty Dragon girl somewhere nice."

She tilts her head. "And you?" Yes, it's not original. But in this care, it's a good start point.
No, it wasn't original. But they had to start somewhere, and it was a question she asked near every samurai she'd met. "Freedom." she gave a light shrug and a brief pout of thought. "That's all."
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:29 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:55 am
"Freedom." she gave a light shrug and a brief pout of thought. "That's all."
Inoshishi tilts her head. Fascinating. She’s never heard a samurai drive for Freedom before.

“I hope that search bears fruit for you. It’s your turn, I believe.”

She smiles. Information without stories, this was easy.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:39 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:29 pm
"That's hardly fair, just punting my question back," Narumi laughed, and touched Ino's arm lightly.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:54 pm

Inoshishi joined her in laughing. "I suppose so, I suppose so. Very well, a question for a question but an answer for an answer? So we ask, both answer, then another?" She takes a sip of the sake between rounds, enjoying the bitter taste as it burns down her throat.

She fiddles for a moment with one of her mushrooms, popping the stem in her mouth and chewing easily. When she speaks, there's some trepidation in her voice.

"What do you see when you look at me?"
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:11 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:54 pm
She ticked a single manicured eyebrow at that and pressed her painted lips into a firm line in thought. After a moment, she leaned her head towards the Dragon, "I see a passionate woman, who let's nothing hold her back. Who speaks what crosses her mind and flows through her heart, and does so with abandon this one wishes she could comprehend. But that mystique is part of your appeal. You're warm, and personable, and kind. I can easily see what Ishioka has fallen for you as completely as he has."

Her gaze dropped down to her cup and she exhaled slowly.

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:23 am

Inoshishi smiles at the description.

“Well thank you, but when I see you, I see a refined woman who knows how to build a place in society. Someone who can climb the ladder in ways I can only dream of. Someone that cares about honor, about dignity, and always puts the right foot forward. You’re so similar to him. I can see why he’d fall for you as much as he has.”

She reaches her hand out and squeezes the Otter’s. “We’re both pretty decent.”

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:37 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:23 am
Had she had more sake, she would've snorted when Ino mentions honour, but as it is, Narumi's eyes only narrow slightly. Still, she offers a smile. "If you insist, I have no choice but to agree with you."

Her turn. "And your plans...? After the miai, I mean?"

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:54 am

Moshi Shizuka wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:03 am

"Ah, wonderful. Thank you, Matsu-sama, for hosting this event. Kampai." Raising the sake cup in Ishioka's direction in a small toast, Shizuka daintily wet her lips as one would expect a proper lady to.

Shizuka, though, long ago learned that sake was an enjoyable and pleasant thing. Pleasurable, even. Since the sake on offer was quite good, she rather quickly set about downing the contents of the cup in a practiced gulp.

Didn't even muss her makeup doing so.
Ishioka, who had raised the spare cup reflexively, notes the well practiced gulp and, with a smile, mirrors her.

"Ahem. I seem not to have been successful in bringing you drink to sustain you through the evening. My apologies," he says with a smirk, but bowing his head as is vaguely proper. "I shall try again, good Moshi-sama," he says, taking her empty cup and gently bumping the shoulder of Kitsu Tsugumasa as he passes. His sideways glare makes clear he needs to speak before the Matsu returns with fresh cups.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:47 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:54 am

Ishioka, who had raised the spare cup reflexively, notes the well practiced gulp and, with a smile, mirrors her.

"Ahem. I seem not to have been successful in bringing you drink to sustain you through the evening. My apologies," he says with a smirk, but bowing his head as is vaguely proper. "I shall try again, good Moshi-sama," he says, taking her empty cup and gently bumping the shoulder of Kitsu Tsugumasa as he passes. His sideways glare makes clear he needs to speak before the Matsu returns with fresh cups.
Tsugumasa grimaced a bit.

"Pardon me, Agasha-san, there is someone I need to speak with before the party is over." he said, bowing to excuse himself.

He made his way over to the Moshi.

"Moshi-san, Matsu-san has suggested I introduce myself to you. I am Kitsu Tsugumasa, it is an honor to meet you." he said with a bow.
Lion Clan * Shugenja * Miai Candidate

"Failure would shame my ancestors."

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:31 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:37 am
Her turn. "And your plans...? After the miai, I mean?"
Inoshishi cocks her head. “Assuming it’s not a mirror match, I imagine I’ll have wifely duties to fulfill and a new family and clan structure to get used to. Also a new lord and instructions to follow. In light of that, how could I plan?” She cocks an eyebrow, clearly curious if the Otter has plans for after.