[D9, LE, open] Second Chance Mixer

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Kitsu Murato

Re: [D9, LE, open] Second Chance Mixer

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:00 am

Utaku Kheree wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:50 am

Ah , kitsu-san ,Kheree, is only somewhat harder to say then my ravens name. But I then, with the exhilaration and distraction of the last few days it is easy to remember some names better then others.

She waited a moment until the dragons look returned to her as she moved two fingers in a hook like motion alongside her fan as if she was trying to grip something
"It is a pleasure Utaku Kheree-san," he says with a nod. "Perhaps I've simply become more comfortable with Unicorn names and words than my cousin. Though it is a lovely name."

He glanced side eyed towards the direction Kheree looked with the small gesture noticing a bright red Inoshishi. "I traveled here with Moto Mitsuki and have spent some time getting to know Moto Bayarama." She taught me that one, he thinks with a smirk.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:10 am

Moshi Shizuka wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:31 am
"Oh, sake would be most welcome, Matsu-san."

As Soyo made his introduction and then dipped out, Shizuka looked momentarily confused by the Asahina's rapid departure, then collected herself.

"It would seem that Asahina-san had a pressing engagement, neh? A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Kitsu-san. I do so hope you'll stay a while longer?"
The Matsu, returning with sake for the Centipede and a spare, is surprised to discover that there's a shortage of Crane in the conversation. For a moment his eyes close and he shakes his head, but there's nothing for it now.

"Here you are, Moshi-sama," he says warmly, handing over the cup. "And Kitsu-san, did you need..." He offers the other fresh cup, should Tsugumasa wish.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:11 am

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:53 am

Narumi laughed a bit incredulously at the Dragon-ko's forwardness, she tilted her head toward her.
"Having few things in common beyond Ishioka, I imagine there will be some fair amount of time getting to know one another," she replied delicately but with an amused smirk.
As the Agasha laughs at the remark, there's an echo of Lion and Crab women in her laugh. Which seems very odd coming from the very petite Dragon.

"Of course, of course. The nature of this place is fascinating. Simultaneously the best and worst of the Low-Lands all at once. Very well, let us play a game then. You will ask me a question. I shall answer it, or drink my glass, Crab-style. Then it will be your turn to answer my question. It may speed the 'getting to know you' game along somewhat substantially."

She smiles playfully, enjoying the abatement of tension.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:17 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:11 am
"Hai, I find that suggestion agreeable," her eyebrows arched again and she pulled free her hand somewhat reluctantly, "We're going to need to grab a bottle. Or two. Shall I?"
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:24 am

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:17 am
"Hai, I find that suggestion agreeable," her eyebrows arched again and she pulled free her hand somewhat reluctantly, "We're going to need to grab a bottle. Or two. Shall I?"
Inoshishi nods. "Or I can, while you think. Depends on how you think best, I suppose." She tilts her head, clearly planning on filing away the answer.
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:29 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:24 am
"I um..." Ino's interested gaze gives her pause and she blushes again behind her makeup and smiling almost shyly for a brief moment. "I like to keep busy. Otherwise I get to thinking... festering on things... I'll uh, be right back."
She rises and wanders back over to the collection of sake bottles, picking up two.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:34 am

Inoshishi chews on a mushroom, nodding her head. That would make sense, given how busy the Otter seems to keep. She drums her fingers on the table, debating what sort of questions to ask. Start slow, ramp up. That's the ticket.

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:59 am

She's not long-- it's not a far walk after all-- and sets both bottles down on the table before resuming her seat, closer to the Dragon-ko than before but not scandalous. Just... closer.
She lifts one of the bottles and offers it to Ino before she refills her own cup.
"Okay. What did you expect to find when you got here? If you had expectations?"

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:11 am

Inoshishi picks up the cup before the question to sip a little, setting it back down as the questioning begins in earnest.

She considers. "Food. Perhaps someone willing to take a skinny, dirty Dragon girl somewhere nice."

She tilts her head. "And you?" Yes, it's not original. But in this care, it's a good start point.

Moshi Shizuka

Post by Moshi Shizuka » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:03 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:10 am
The Matsu, returning with sake for the Centipede and a spare, is surprised to discover that there's a shortage of Crane in the conversation. For a moment his eyes close and he shakes his head, but there's nothing for it now.

"Here you are, Moshi-sama," he says warmly, handing over the cup. "And Kitsu-san, did you need..." He offers the other fresh cup, should Tsugumasa wish.
"Ah, wonderful. Thank you, Matsu-sama, for hosting this event. Kampai." Raising the sake cup in Ishioka's direction in a small toast, Shizuka daintily wet her lips as one would expect a proper lady to.

Shizuka, though, long ago learned that sake was an enjoyable and pleasant thing. Pleasurable, even. Since the sake on offer was quite good, she rather quickly set about downing the contents of the cup in a practiced gulp.

Didn't even muss her makeup doing so.
Centipede Clan • Shugenja • Sun Priestess • Hot-blooded
Honor: 60 | Glory: 45 | Status: 30
Carries: Wakizashi, kiseru, oil-paper umbrella, scroll satchel

"As long as you shine brightly, people around you will follow!"