[D7, EE, expecting] The Lions and the Fires

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D7, EE, expecting] The Lions and the Fires

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:20 pm

"Even one as gifted with words as Murato-san can be tripped up when the truth of the heart gets in the way," he says, with affection toward both the Lion and Phoenix.

"Becoming challenged in even our greatest skills seems, ah... common enough around this place." He cocks his head so he can look more directly at Inoshishi and their hands held under the table.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:54 pm

Inoshishi smiles warmly at the Lion, moving over a little closer, challenging propriety. She faux-whispers to the Matsu. "I imagine they could both cheer each other on and make each other very happy, neh?"

Then she registers what the Matsu said and is distracted from the cute.
"And in what skills would you say I am challenged, Ishioka-san?" She lowers her voice, nearly purring the words, "Or that I challenge you in, Ishioka-k-san."
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:10 pm

"Maybe we can do a tag team battle Nee cha and I against you two." Bai giggled. "
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:00 am

"See, I would not mind that at all. I think it would be a great learning experience... for you two," he teases, but his smile was definitely saying it was all in good fun.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:49 am

"You don't have to take my offer."She shook her head "I don't want to hurt you."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:56 am

Kaito Oubaihime wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:49 am
"You don't have to take my offer."She shook her head "I don't want to hurt you."
"Oh, I wouldn't say no. No fear from me. I'll give it my all," he says with a smirk.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:09 am

”Nee chan and Nii sama have to agree.” She looked at the love birds.
Smells like flowers

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:42 am

Inoshishi giggles.

"Oh no, we're not doing that, yet. This one convinced or was convinced by the Otter that this would be a cheerleading contest instead of who one fights." Unlike the vast majority of people that use that language, Inoshishi's thumb pointed derisively at the large Matsu makes it clear she means him, not her. Her eyes roll magnificently in her head, begging the other two to sympathize with her. Her elbow rests on the table in casual disregard for the niceties of the situation.

"I will laugh when tomorrow this one has to smack around that little girl and make it look honorable. Me, on the other hand, I'll be fine. If I have to cheer on my brother, good, so be it, I'm more than capable. If I have to fight him, I at least have Dragon martial arts at my back, which is more than I can say for the Otter. That poor girl will never know what hit's her. You know, we should probably find a water shugenja to be ready for when this one finishes with her."

Her clearly expressed derision is the equal of any Lioness Legionnaire expressing her displeasure with the supporting Matsu Archer core. The light bounces off of the Dragon oddly for a moment, highlighting the yellows on her tunic, as if the Kami themselves are suggesting Moshumaru-san may be right and that she was a Lion in another lifetime.

"Either way, I would be willing to fight tomorrow, after we see who was right. After all, if Ishi-san here is right, I'll be ready. If not, perhaps two days from now, after he's recovered from the no doubt vicious beating the Otter will give him."
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:28 am

The Lion smiles indulgently through all the discussion, having been ready to answer Inoshishi's original question but not having been quick enough to start doing so. The patient Matsu leans toward the Agasha, as though he'll answer only her, but then speaks clear enough for the table to hear. "I meant, Ino-chan, that even my great skills like stoicism are challenged when in your very impactful company." His smile is amused, and he squeezes her hand gently.

"And," he says, turning to face the table again, "this challenge is absolutely accepted. In a couple of days. Near the river, I should think, so that we might refresh after our exertions?" There is no hint of mirth or suggestion in the Matsu's voice or manner. Apparently just the logical Stone Matsu setting up a reasonable plan.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:51 am

Murato nods and smiles to the others. "I will make sure to keep my schedule clear. I expect it will be a fun experience."

He turns to Oubaihime. "There is always more to learn. I look forward to having a lesson beat into me. It's not an uncommon means of education for some Lion."