[D7, EE, expecting] The Lions and the Fires

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D7, EE, expecting] The Lions and the Fires

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:44 am

"Without a doubt," the big man agrees. "Sister as in roommate, sure... It seemed an interesting coincidence, as I had mentioned to Kaito-san just the other day that she reminds me favorably of one of my sisters. I, ah, am very protective of them," he says, nodding at Oubaihime as he does so.

"Oh, and I should..." Ishioka uses his long reach to ensure there's a modestly filled cup in front of each person at the table. This is a dinner, not a drinking party after all.

"If I might offer just a simple toast," the Matsu says after seeing everyone served. As he raises his cup in his right hand, his left drifts below the table, just resting on his thigh.

"May Musubi-no-kami and all the ancestors bless the marriages of our great clans that the honored Shika will bring forth from this miai. Kampai!" he says, and drains the sake he had just poured.

------------
Agenda roll failed, 1 water opportunity to add an opp to my next check in scene.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:59 am

Murato agrees and adds on to the toast, "And may the Deer be ever fortunate for bringing such wonderful people together. I've been blessed by the circumstances they created here."

He beamed at the 3 dinner partners, before drinking.
----

D7 EE, Courtesy [Water], Agenda vs Ishioka | TN: 2 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Image Image
Success, 2Success symbol bonus, 1Opportunity symbol heal 2Strife symbol, 2Strife symbol gained, net no change
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:33 am

"Kampai!"

She speaks a little lower, "And shall the Deer honor the Crane as they deserve. Perhaps Kakita-san to Hiroto-san.

She drinks, face flushing red, hoping that this toast will be received well by a Phoenix and two lion.

(D7EE) Agenda (R+H=married) Water/courtesy, 2/1, TN 2, Ikoma support | TN: 3 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 3
Image Image Image Image

Success! Agenda +2 (Matsu Ishioka is technically the target)
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:30 am

The Stone Matsu's face betrays it's not a toast he would have chosen, but he's more curious that it makes the Dragon blush. Making a hasty mental note to ask about that, and her hands, Ishioka is quick to get a small amount of sake back in his cup so he can at least sip respectfully in response.

Though it makes it awkward for him to refill cups across the table, Ishioka keeps his one hand near his lap, letting it drift a few inches closer to Inoshishi without causing any fuss.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:03 am

The Kaito was somewhat lost with what they were talking about that she just smiled and nodded. "Kam..Kampai..."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:36 am

"So Agasha-san has an eye for matching others?" he asked. "I'll need to keep that in mind. Perhaps she can suggest a good match for me." He aimed his gaze to Oubaihime, his eyes looking for hers.

"I loved your song earlier. I think I would have enjoyed singing with you, but I am glad I got to listen to it as well as."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:34 pm

"Ah... Hai." She looked at the Kitsu and nodded "Arigatou..." She moved closer to the Kitsu and whispered. "seems you found someone to make beautiful music together." She reminded him of the evening before.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:51 pm

"Of course I did. And I'm having dinner with her right now," he whispered back with a wink. "I would trade in every other performance, to only sing with you Bai-chan."

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:14 pm

The Kaito blinked a few times. She was about to give a witty retort but she was in public and decided not to engage. "Huh!"
Smells like flowers

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:27 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:30 am
Though it makes it awkward for him to refill cups across the table, Ishioka keeps his one hand near his lap, letting it drift a few inches closer to Inoshishi without causing any fuss.
That hand will not be seen again, if Inoshishi has anything to say about it. At least, not without another or two clinging to it.
Kitsu Murato wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:36 am
"So Agasha-san has an eye for matching others?" he asked. "I'll need to keep that in mind. Perhaps she can suggest a good match for me."
Inoshishi snorts indelicately. “I don’t know about that, Kitsu-San. My good friend Usogawa Narumi would be a better choice for a good match. My suggestions are likely to be as appropriate as a Kakita and a Wave Man.”

Then she giggles into the Crab fan she finally remembered to bring somewhere, watching her cousin and the Kitsu. Her head is inclined in such a way that it would fit perfectly against the Matsu’s strong arms, but she’s not pushing, oh no. Into the silence…

“If you think she sings well, you should see her dance.” With a snap, her fan is away again, her broad smile making clear this is no jest, she loves the Kaito’s dancing.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai