[D6 EE] Whiskey Lullaby [Open]

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Kaikoga Koi

[D6 EE] Whiskey Lullaby [Open]

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:49 am

Koi wanted to release the pain in her head, and the growing anxiety she had been feeling for the past few days. Her ribs still hurt from chasing the deer and a consider bruise as formed on her side where the rib had cracked. She had bandaged them tightly but the pinging of the pain had left her in a very, very, very sour mood. Instead of running around the city, having rumours spread about her she had tucked herself in a corner of the sake house and ordered herself a bottle of sake to drink.

Numb it, numb the pain. Numb the emotions. She thought as she began to drink fast at first, but quickly decided to slow down as the burn from the was particularly sharper than she had expected.

I should run. Leave here. I could literally go anywhere and no one would find me. Vanish, gone. Poof. She thought, as she drank.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kasuga Yoshi

Re: [D6 EE] Whiskey Lullaby [Open]

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:55 am

"There's a face I've been looking for." Yoshi slides down onto the seat, cup in hand and bottle in the other. "It's been the first time that I've found you alone since the opening ceremony Kaikoga-san. Not that I suppose any right to be jealous or have a claim on your time, but it is good to run into you again." Yoshi can see something wrong quickly.

"Or, if you need a moment, I can drink in silence and we can be alone together"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:12 am

If someone could describe the look someone gives when they skies open, and a beautiful night sky with stars appear it would be the look that Koi delivered to the Kasuga in that moment. "Yoshi-san!" Koi said with a smile, her cheeks already red from the sake giving her this little cute blushed effect. "I have been looking for you too! I thought you had given up hope in me, and ran off with some Crane or Phoenix!" She giggled, and moved a little closer to him. "Or an Otter.." She said, smiling.

"No-no!" She said, patting her hand on the table. "I am just fine with good company and some nice sake!"
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:37 am

"Give up on you? Perish the thought." Yoshi pours himself a cup and raises it in a toast. "You will find that I don't give up that easily Kaikoga-san. Of course, it would be foolish of me to think that I have some sort of claim on you and your time, and if you have company then it would hardly be proper of me to interfere with that. After thinking on it, I decided that if I were to find an opportunity I would take it, but not push into your time. And now, that decision bears fruit!"

Yoshi clicks his tongue at Koi's last word. "Ahh yes, I have been spending a good amount of time with all of the Otters. I managed to find a few in the bath you mentioned, and there is one who I've seen outside of there a few times. Why, are you jealous?"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:43 am

Koi raised her glass in a toast. "Kanpai!" She called happily, clearly the sake already affecting her a little.

"I am glad that you haven't given up the hunt for me, I find you delightfully entertaining and wish I had spent more time with you. I feel like the past three days I have wasted my time, and injured myself for nothing." She said sourly, a really bitterness in her words. "Someone broke into my room and stole my kimonos!" She said angrily. "Even the one from my sister, the pretty one."

"You could have sent a letter? Demanded my time.." She leant over and whispered. "I'd given it a go." She teased before pouring another glass for herself and Yoshi.

Koi smiled. "I hope you are speaking about Narumi-san?" Koi smiled a playful smile. "She is entirely delicious to look at, and oh~" She purred sipping her drink happily. She clearly was intentionally trying to get hammered and quick.

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:45 pm

"I am. And she most certainly is" Yoshi chuckles, but it's dark against the realization of what she is telling him. "Someone trashed your things? That's terrible! Do you have any idea who did it?"

Clearly, it was affecting her. Yoshi wasn't a prude about drinking, but this was almost self-flagellation. He reaches a hand over to hers. "Do you want to talk about it?"

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:28 pm

Koi stiffed a little, her body tightening.

"I dont know who did it, but whoever is doing it is telling fucking lies about me." She seethed. "Twice now, rumours are being spread about me having a little tumble with a Lion. Twice. Even after my clothes, and his clothes were stolen from our rooms."

Koi swallowed another glass of sake. "I was doing a walk with Shika Nesshin and Kitsu Mon-mongoose? Whatever his name is." She said, waving her hand dismissively. "I was trying to see if there was some spiritual event happening in the city because something weird is going on in the city and I dont know what it is. I have dreams that show me visions of Seppun's, a painting going a waltzin' but turns out to be a prank by deer, I am told that the realm of the spirits is very thin here and I dunno - it dont make sense."

She tapped her glass on the table. "I get this vision from this big floofy owl I am now going to name - " She thought for a moment. "Wril!" She said cheerfully. "It shall be called Wril! Wril gave me this cryptic message which made me believe that another Kitsu was endanger. We rush down in the pissing rain, enter his room. He is totally fine. Not a single hair effecting me. Nothing at all. We leave and in our rooms - my clothing are all gone." She rubbed her face. "Then I wake up to rumours about me giving the Mongoose-san some tugging and petting, and the next day the same thing!"

Koi made a face. "I find the idea of anything involving Lion Clan repulsive, just eck to much conflict there."

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:58 pm

Yoshi blinks, and is increasingly worried about Koi. It seems like some drunken rambling, but a few things make sense.

"They ran you out of their lands. You mentioned that you were with a Ronin troupe and the "honorable" Lion and ronin...." Things begin to click. "Did you happen to spurn the affections of one of the Kitsu?"

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:04 pm

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:58 pm
Yoshi blinks, and is increasingly worried about Koi. It seems like some drunken rambling, but a few things make sense.

"They ran you out of their lands. You mentioned that you were with a Ronin troupe and the "honorable" Lion and ronin...." Things begin to click. "Did you happen to spurn the affections of one of the Kitsu?"
Koi blinked at the Kasuga for a moment. "W-what? No. Noooooo. Baka." She says lightly patting his hand. "Silly Tortoise. I have never met the Clan or gone into their lands before till this miai, well except one time but I was in Kyuden Shika for a spell." She thought for a moment. "Nah they just dont do anything for me. Too high strung. Honour focused. Battle hungry. They are always at war with someone."

She makes an arm gesture. "I am just a minor clan. I am nothing. Kami." She said flustered.

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:42 pm

"Koi-chan" Yoshi chuckles. "You are many things and are certainly not nothing"

He reaches over to pat her arm.

"What if we put out a reward?"