[D6 EE] Whiskey Lullaby [Open]

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D6 EE] Whiskey Lullaby [Open]

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:20 pm

When handsome men put themselves down, be wary.

Hikimasu laughed and nodded.

Wait, did I just subconsciously put myself on a lower level than him?

He was pretty sure he just did.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:40 pm

Koi watched with a small smile on her face. And so the dick measuring contest begins, excellent.

Koi sipped her sake, enjoying the banter. "Shosuro-sama have you been enjoying the Miai so far? How did you do in the haiku challenge or the go challenge? Yasu-san how about you?"
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:42 pm

"My poem was fine, recital isn't my strong suit...I don't think Shka Pei Pei-sama was impressed with my complaints", Hikimasu admitted. "Though I won all my games in the go challenge, in swift moves. I'm not bad, honestly."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:47 pm

Koi nodded. "I am glad! I thought you have the skill to recite a haiku and to be good at Go."

The Moth placed her hands on her lap visibly relaxing. "I have never had the taste for Go, all the Auntie's in my village go on and on about it and after I broke my leg at 9 years old I had to spend a whole winter administrating their tournament. It was dreadful boring, and I spent most of the day cursing my fortunes and eating Pickled radishes all day. Since then, I have never touched the game."

She mused. "Do you think playing Go will make you a good husband?"
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:51 pm

"I don't think that has much to do with it", he told Koi. "If you have a game you play, people can get to know you in a fun way more easily. What makes a good husband is whether or not your partner appreciates that."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:21 pm

"I was middling in the haiku and my only saving grace with the kyujutsu today is that there is an unbundance of people as terrible at it as I am." Yoshi replies bluntly, taking a long drag from kiseru.

"I did pretty well at Go, but that was because my sensei dragged me to the docks to play during my training. Now, I do see a benefit to marriage in it. " Yoshi's lips curl into a smile beneath the pipe. "To prevent your wife from beating the piss out of you for losing your wagers*
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:36 pm

Koi laughed softly before leaning close to Yoshi with an impish smile. "Like a wife needs an excuse to beat your arse, Yoshi-san."

Koi nodded at Hikimasu before allowing a small crease on her brow. "I agree with you on that. Though it must be hard to enjoy rehearsals with potential mates with the mask you wear. You must loath this weather." She said, before smiling warmly. "I had to wear a full mask for a performance once that weighed about 20 lbs with all sorts of accessories on it during a heat wave a few years back. It was miserable."

Koi thought for a moment. "I honestly don't even remember what I said during the haiku. I was so preoccupied with finding out what happened to that blasted painting and the.."

Koi went to slam her hand on the table in frustration with her right hand before the motion sent her flooding in pain, and she took a moment cradling her stomach before she finished speaking. "And the ineptitudes of a very specific guard."

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:44 pm

"Only if her own is similarly available for contact Koi-san" Yoshi quips back before he raises an eyebrow.

"That same guard is still giving you trouble?"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:45 pm

"Maybe take that one step at a time now", Hikimasu said. "My mask is fine, it's incredibly hot in Scorpion lands this time of year so it is of no matter. Stop cradling your belly and go see a healer. Also, you mean the guard on our first day here? The one who can't read the name of his own lord's castle on a scroll?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:55 pm

Koi smiled at the Kasuga with a small playful smile.

"Firstly, I have." She sighed. "I was attacked this morning by the little shits that been running around spreading rumours I been involved with Kitsu Murato. Turned out to be a pair of sakkaku spirits taking my face."

"Wound is healing, pain is a lot though. When I move, it awful." She explained. "I shall try not to cradle myself anymore, I did not mean to disturb you." Koi said cooly, she was drunk and in pain plus it was the first everr sword injury she ever had taken. She's earned the right to be a little peeved when she's trying to cope with the pain.

She nodded. "The same guard. The portait was a fake, taken by another guard and replaced with a fraudulent piece as a prank for some other Deer getting married. The guy who stole the painting literally was reprieved by the guard at the gate and didnt even notice the painting was changed."