(D6, LE) Drinking Buddies (Special Event Observation)

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Matsu Ishioka

Re: (D6, LE) Drinking Buddies (Special Event Observation)

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:28 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:15 pm
"Hai," she murmured back, and it was an effort not to place kisses along his jawline but she triumphs in resisting, "-I'd appreciate a chaperone to walk me back to the inn. For my safety, of course."
Ishioka can feel his stomach swimming with alcohol and the sweet nervousness that Narumi gives him. Thank the kami I stopped when I did. He puts aside the cup that had been clinging to his hand - with some exaggeration, as though it was a snake that might bite him if he wasn't careful - and says, "Nothing matters to me more than your safety." He doesn't say it loudly enough to really carry in the busy room, but for him it isn't a cover story, it's just the truth.

He starts to stand, slowly, mindful of how close to his absolute limit he is on alcohol today. Thankful for the willpower to keep everything together, he straightens and takes a steadying breath. On soldier's instinct, he glances around the room one more time.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:51 pm

Kaikoga Koi wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:33 pm
tag
Aimi wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:26 pm
Tag
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:32 pm
Tag
Nesshin, whose player is only now returning from sleep and errands, perks up at the mention of the bell thing.

Since it seems drinks have been delivered, he snags one, pulls from it. If it's going to be that kind of a party... he thinks.

"I'm glad to hear that things are well," he says, "and that all here are united amicably."

And elsewise?
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:16 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:28 pm
No touching!
Blushing furiously still, she gets to her feet- wobbly as the room spins- and attempts to steady herself.
When ready, /exit!
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:34 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:16 pm

No touching!
Blushing furiously still, she gets to her feet- wobbly as the room spins- and attempts to steady herself.
When ready, /exit!
For propriety's sake, the Matsu doesn't immediately grab her to steady her. As they leave the bar he stays close - perhaps closer than is entirely proper - but doesn't seem unreasonable for samurai who've had a few drinks. Still entirely kosher behavior.
/exit
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:50 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:51 pm
"I'm glad to hear that things are well," he says, "and that all here are united amicably."
Should I ask him if that thing she does with her fingernails... no. No, best not chance it.

"I find good company and honest hearts easy to get along with, Shika-san. Seems there's no scarity of that here, hm?"
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:00 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:50 pm
Should I ask him if that thing she does with her fingernails... no. No, best not chance it.

"I find good company and honest hearts easy to get along with, Shika-san. Seems there's no scarity of that here, hm?"
"We're fortunate in that," Nesshin says, "and I'm glad of it! I'm glad, too, that it's working for you, too!"

And I wonder if something else has worked, he thinks, maybe something we can all of us try together.

"You're at the Fox while you're here, yes? The innkeeper leave you any presents yet?"
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:15 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:00 pm
"You're at the Fox while you're here, yes? The innkeeper leave you any presents yet?"
"Not yet. I sleep with my windows open, maybe he thinks I'm capable of getting my own..."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:23 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:15 pm
"Not yet. I sleep with my windows open, maybe he thinks I'm capable of getting my own..."
"Even these last few nights?" Nesshin asks. "I expect you've been in the field, as I have, but still..."

He trails off, shakes his head, pulls at his drink again. "Time enough for getting rained on at night when it can't be avoided."

D11+, has a second fan.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:47 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:23 pm
"Even these last few nights?" Nesshin asks. "I expect you've been in the field, as I have, but still..."

He trails off, shakes his head, pulls at his drink again. "Time enough for getting rained on at night when it can't be avoided."
Raizo leaned toward the Deer, vaguely- and professionally.

"Until I got here, I hadn't slept inside of a building since my gempukku. It leaves a mark."
Remember to Breathe

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:51 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:47 pm
Raizo leaned toward the Deer, vaguely- and professionally.

"Until I got here, I hadn't slept inside of a building since my gempukku. It leaves a mark."
"Huh."

Nesshin shakes his head slightly.

"I guess it would."

He rests his head on tented hands. "If you'd prefer sleeping rough, I know some decent spots in the near forest. There're a few awnings and the like up in the trees that offer pretty good cover."

D11+, has a second fan.