(D6, LE) Drinking Buddies (Special Event Observation)

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Shika Nesshin

Re: (D6, LE) Drinking Buddies (Special Event Observation)

Post by Shika Nesshin » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:53 pm

That much, Nesshin notes.

But he doesn't say anything.

At least not at the moment.
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:24 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:57 pm
Zip! With a nearly audible crack as Inoshishi almost breaks the sound barrier, she's there at the Unicorn's right hand.

"Ooo, story tease! Yes please! I can get more sake if you want. But I can't help you if you...Story please tease please!"

She's had a few as she wanders around the bar, carefully not noticing anything happening with Ishioka, for the moment.
After quite a bit of time looking at the bottom of her cup, Mitsuki finally answered:

"The Ivindi. They have these people. Sorta monks that hope to achieve enlightenment through perfect mastery of their body. A lot are just posers that pretend to know no cold while their body is very much shivering.

A few however. Real deal. Once we had to go from point A to point B. Nothing special. And there was this person meditating in the middle of the road, literally in our way.

A lesson would be learned that day."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:43 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:53 pm
That much, Nesshin notes.

But he doesn't say anything.

At least not at the moment.
Koi sat watching the men that she spent the night with previously, and Aimi with much a glowing smile.

She gave a small glance of whatcha think?
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:15 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:18 pm
Narumi laughed freely, "Ah! Jin-san is always full of surprises!"
She's in fantastic spirits, abuzz with the effect of the drinks and the nature of the table's vibe. Good immediate company helps, too, and she registers the Matsu shifting closer. Her breath catches for a moment before she rubs her lower lip and meets his warm, if somewhat awkward, gaze.
"Cat got your tongue, Matsu-san?" An eyebrow upticks.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:34 am

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:15 am
Narumi laughed freely, "Ah! Jin-san is always full of surprises!"
She's in fantastic spirits, abuzz with the effect of the drinks and the nature of the table's vibe. Good immediate company helps, too, and she registers the Matsu shifting closer. Her breath catches for a moment before she rubs her lower lip and meets his warm, if somewhat awkward, gaze.
"Cat got your tongue, Matsu-san?" An eyebrow upticks.
"Hai, Usogawa-san. I'm sitting next to a woman so beautiful I can't hardly think of words to speak to her with," he admits, only recognizing after he'd said it that it was smooth as well as honest.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:44 am

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:34 am
She leaned in closer, "And who says I want to be talking?"
Her smile softened, and the colour to her cheeks darkened as she moved to reach for him, reconsidered, and tucked a lock of hair behind one ear instead.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:45 am

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:03 pm
Tanabe laughs again the alcohol increasing his already loud baseline "No I'd think not! Narumi-san is twice as smart as me and thrice as pretty." Tanabe declares and leaning into Yasu his voice drops "by the Lion's expression Narumi-san offered him some Otter hospitality." He whispered snickering

At her suggestion his grin became a suggestion of its own "I suspect you should, kami knows it can be dangerous for a samurai alone and inebriated at night. It truly shows your compassion to think of me in my time of need Su-chan."
Yasu pokes him gently in the ribs, teasing. "She's not *that* much prettier than you." Glancing at Ishioka she adds, "he does look a bit like he just ran flat into something by surprise." She's not sure she'd much expect the stolid Lion to take someone up on such a straightforward offer...but he's seemed to have the ground shifting on him lately, so... "I'm nosy enough to want to see if he decides to take her up on it," she adds more quietly.

At a more conversational volume, she continues, matching his grin. "I'm nothing if not compassionate. Though...might just be hoping for some Otter hospitality, you know. Some tea, maybe?" She's slow getting to her feet, curious if the other pair will be heading out or settling in for another drink
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:45 am

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:24 pm
"The Ivindi. They have these people. Sorta monks that hope to achieve enlightenment through perfect mastery of their body. A lot are just posers that pretend to know no cold while their body is very much shivering.

A few however. Real deal. Once we had to go from point A to point B. Nothing special. And there was this person meditating in the middle of the road, literally in our way.

A lesson would be learned that day."
"Ooo, the Invindi. I've never heard of them! Where do you find them? I'm not familiar with this 'point aye' nor 'point bee'. Hmm, I wonder if I'm going to need to track down a geographer or a cartographer or something. Cause honestly, I don't know that the Moto knows I'm here. I wonder if I could poke her and she wouldn't even know. I mean, she probably won't know tomorrow? But I dunno, I'm not wearing my running sandals, and it's still awful wet outside."

She leans in closer to the somewhere between tipsy to really drunk Moto and speaks in a clear voice, nice and slowly.

"What. Lesson. Moto. San? And. Who. Learned. It? Thank. You!"

She grabs 2 sakes from a passing waiter, knowing the Moto might take lubrication.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:39 am

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:44 am
Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:34 am
She leaned in closer, "And who says I want to be talking?"
Her smile softened, and the colour to her cheeks darkened as she moved to reach for him, reconsidered, and tucked a lock of hair behind one ear instead.
Seeing the Otters cheeks alight quickens Ishioka's heart, then it almost stops as he sees her start to reach for him. For a moment, he thinks of how he might turn, so at least an indiscretion wouldn't be too visible. As she demurs, his rational mind realizes, even in a place this public, you were going to let her kiss you. And then, And you were going to kiss her back?!

Perhaps it's scandalous on its own as the Lion leans closer to Narumi, almost close enough she might feel his breath on her ear as he speaks, but he doesn't want anyone else to hear, "I want it too, but not here." And he looks at her with eyes that suggest it might be time to retire for the evening.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:08 am

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:45 am
[...]
"Told you. No ending tonight. Only teasers. Trailers. Blurbs. Headlines.

Full stories will have to wait until I'm... rested enough to give them justice. You only get to hear a new story once after all. Because after that time, there are not new anymore."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck