(D6, LE) Drinking Buddies (Special Event Observation)

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Kuni Yasu

Re: (D6, LE) Drinking Buddies (Special Event Observation)

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:13 pm

She raises an painted eyebrow. "Pretty much anyone as'd want a few extra coins." She shrugs. The Kuni did not view invocation of the kami in any particularly reverential way. "S'why there's usually one of us monitoring it, yeah? Not certain, just suspicious so far. But it's your contest."

Does she really mind losing to that sort of trick? Not really, it's definitely one she's heard other Kuni talk about using in spaces where that use of the earth's gifts was less common. There were stories of folks blessed by Fortunes or cursed by tricksters who could do the same. But if Jin was just being careless, well, he ought to know *before* someone else maybe got fussed about it.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Yasuki Jin

Post by Yasuki Jin » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:21 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:13 pm
She raises an painted eyebrow. "Pretty much anyone as'd want a few extra coins." She shrugs. The Kuni did not view invocation of the kami in any particularly reverential way. "S'why there's usually one of us monitoring it, yeah? Not certain, just suspicious so far. But it's your contest."

Does she really mind losing to that sort of trick? Not really, it's definitely one she's heard other Kuni talk about using in spaces where that use of the earth's gifts was less common. There were stories of folks blessed by Fortunes or cursed by tricksters who could do the same. But if Jin was just being careless, well, he ought to know *before* someone else maybe got fussed about it.
Jin sighed.

"Jus' wanted a nice night of drinkin' and relaxin, yknow? Any idea whose cheatin?" he said, keeping his voice low.
Crab Clan * Courtier* Miai Candidate

"Sake is the king of a thousand medicines!"

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:44 pm

Saibankan wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:21 pm

Jin sighed.

"Jus' wanted a nice night of drinkin' and relaxin, yknow? Any idea whose cheatin?" he said, keeping his voice low.
"Ronin woman over there, Aimi?" She's never been introduced, just heard everyone's names bandied about and announced at events. "Needs the coin more'n most, yeah? But that's a lot to put away. You want, I'll try checking the influences of the kami, but..." She holds up a finger, "doin' that's real obvious," and then a second, "an I am definitely drunk, but the kami'll prob'ly come when I ask." Trust the Kuni to hunt up shady spiritual influences, but leave the social calculation to the Yasuki. Yasu looks at Jin through a bit of a sake haze and considers that general wisdom, then nods once. Yep, even a drunk Yasuki.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:05 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:04 pm
Narumi had been to more than a few drinking competitions hosted by Yasuki Jin, and they were never boring! So of course upon getting word of this one, the Otter was there. While she was not participating, she couldn't argue that this type of setting was entirely right up her alley, and she felt more at ease with this gathering of candidates than she had yet.
Of course, she was drinking too-- just not engaged in the competition. Otter were friends to all, but often drank on the dime of others. Read: she was dirt poor.
But she was happy. Cheeks flushed, she idly played with a lock of hair and heartfully cheered on each samurai who took up the challenge!

(quote on approach pls!)
Matsu Ishioka, walking with a bit of swagger despite having to yield the contest before he wanted to, took some observation of the room as he approached the pretty
Otter. He'd nodded respectfully to friends and felt like the whole thing seemed the appropriate amount of controlled chaos for a night in a Crab sake bar.

"Usogawa-san," he says warmly, having pretty well bypassed any stony qualities at this level of intoxication. "Not a terrible way to spend an evening, hm?"

Glancing around the room again, he remembers a thought he'd had before. "Ah, do you think that Moto-san is alright there?" he asks, nodding his head across the room at:
Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:31 am
Mitsuki might have been paler or redder than usual under her makeup, but one would require X-ray vision to ascertain that fact. Her behavior reeked of drunkenness however.

"Lots of shinnies in the pot. Watch out for birds. Last time I saw so much in the open, a crow came in and took them all. No idea what they did with it, maybe donate them to a temple. Crows and monks are bird of a feather."
"Not quite as, uh, tidy as her usual stories," he observes, showing a touch of concern."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Yasuki Jin

Post by Yasuki Jin » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:19 pm

Kuni Yasu wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:44 pm
Saibankan wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:21 pm

Jin sighed.

"Ronin woman over there, Aimi?" She's never been introduced, just heard everyone's names bandied about and announced at events. "Needs the coin more'n most, yeah? But that's a lot to put away. You want, I'll try checking the influences of the kami, but..." She holds up a finger, "doin' that's real obvious," and then a second, "an I am definitely drunk, but the kami'll prob'ly come when I ask." Trust the Kuni to hunt up shady spiritual influences, but leave the social calculation to the Yasuki. Yasu looks at Jin through a bit of a sake haze and considers that general wisdom, then nods once. Yep, even a drunk Yasuki.
Jin mulled it over.

"If no one twigs on, let the ronin girl have her coins." he decided. "If someone starts yelling foul, be ready."
Crab Clan * Courtier* Miai Candidate

"Sake is the king of a thousand medicines!"

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:32 pm

Yasuki Jin wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:19 pm

Jin mulled it over.

"If no one twigs on, let the ronin girl have her coins." he decided. "If someone starts yelling foul, be ready."
Yasu nods, clapping Jin on the back before standing. "Count on it! The Kuni're always at your back, Yasuki-sama."

She offers a broad grin and a way less subtle than she thinks thumbs-up to Ishioka and Narumi as she weaves back to her seat. It's unclear which of them she's offering encouragement to. Her hand rests on Tanabe's shoulder...for balance, of course...as she lowers back to her previous seat. "Hungry?" The place does have satisfying yaki onigiri, and with all the sake flowing, maybe something to eat wasn't a bad idea.

(pm/quote to approach, please)

Description

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:37 pm

Inoshishi slips in, covered in water and bits of twigs from her usual foraging for more mushrooms!

She wanders around the bar, listening to drunken conversations and hoping to catch any stories she hasn’t heard, even those mired in drink.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:56 pm

Aimi wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:38 pm
"Hey there, handsome," Aimi laughs, because of course she can be a little flirty, a little improper, she's clearly had far too much to drink. "Might be needing someone to carry me back to my room at this rate..."
"Well, you know, just say the word. Of course, no idea who's gonna be carrying me, but we'll figure something out..."
She pauses, blinks, squints over at Koi. "Eh, she ok?"
"Nope. She's been working on tomorrow's hangover for a while now. Been drinking to numb things which, as I'm sure you know, only works for a bit..."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:01 pm

Being over by the sleeping Koi and potentially the Shika, Moshumaru spoke up.
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:56 pm
"Well, you know, just say the word. Of course, no idea who's gonna be carrying me, but we'll figure something out..."
"I'm staying sober tonight to help transport people back, so I've got you in that regard."
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:20 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:05 pm
"Ah Matsu-san!" she looks up at the Stone Matsu, looking decidedly less stoney, and grins, motioning for him to sit next to her.
"Oh! I wouldn't know? I haven't met her..." in regards to any odd behaviour from the Unicorn. "I mean, I have met her, yesterday over cake... She asked me about navigating swollen riverbeds?" Things were just a little fuzzy. "I mean, I wouldn't know what would be considered out of place? For her?"
Kuni Yasu wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:32 pm
Oh kami... Kuni-san... why?
If she wasn't blushing before, she was now, and shook her head with a smile at the inebriated Crab.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands