[D5, MA, expecting] More sake, more thinking

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D5, MA, expecting] More sake, more thinking

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:43 pm

The Matsu looks at Oubaihime curiously, not entirely sure how to interpret the reaction. For propriety and avoiding temporal paradoxes, he says nothing, looking away politely so she might take a breath and compose herself.

"I struggle," he says, his eyes still off of Oubaihime fora few moments, "with whether it is too soon to be this committed... I should perhaps still be looking, maybe, for the sake of..." He shakes his head, not wanting to say that, in the end, his heart's journey may not matter.

"What do you think, Kaito-san? Should I try to spend more time with... perhaps the Unicorn? Or Moshi Shizuka-sama?" Now he looks at her for honest advice.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:42 pm

She had composed herself after a deep breath. "I understand your dilema Matsu sama. This one would think that even if we wish for a Benten, Kisshoten and Musubi blessed marriage one must be open to the possibility that the fortunes act in mysterious ways. That one must understand duty towards one's clan and Lord. If you think the ladies you are courting are good additions to your clan follow that." She looked at the Lion and nodded. "I do believe Agasha sama is one. She is willing for her colors to shift."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:34 pm

"Indeed. She is... already close to my heart, there is no question." He takes a deep breath, looking a bit anxious for a moment.

"I am perhaps at a disadvantage, as well, as my parents' expectations for this miai are... not entirely clear to me. I don't know that they would figure much in the nakodos' plans anyway, but... Forgive me, that is perhaps a heavier topic than is best discussed today," Ishioka says, taking a drink to distract himself, although it is a small one.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:30 am

"I understand that you wish to please your parents perhaps this is the time that you can make amends with who killed your sister and have compassion in your heart at least take that to them." She smiled. "Hai?"
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:39 am

"That's a wise idea, Kaito-san," Ishioka says. "But, um, I'm not sure that the virtue of compassion will be very persuasive with my parents..." He takes a breath. "I think the virtue of 'is likely to give us granddaughters who may become members of the Lion's Pride,' that's a virtue they would find most persuasive." He looks a little sad to be saying it, but it's clearly what he really thinks.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:03 pm

She placed a hand on her chin thinking about what to ease the Matsu. "You can always take this one to help explain the situation." She giggled. "Unless you want to wed this one." She laughed. "I know , I know, I kid Matsu sama."
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:39 pm

Ishioka looks at Oubaihime with a warm smile.

"I hope you'll forgive me if this is wrong to say, Kaito-san, but if the Deer or the stars or... If anyone told me that you would be my best match, Kaito-san, I would believe them. I would be happy to. You are perhaps the most noble samurai here, and it would be a blessing to be paired with you," he says seriously. "I knew that the first day we met. When we were sitting, eating in silence? I thought, 'If my match can feel this kind of safe, I have nothing to fear in this miai.' And I have no less affection for you today. I hope that you will find a happy match that brings you into the Lion Clan, as we would all be honored to have you." Ishioka's matter-of-fact delivery is hard to argue with. Then he realizes he's sounding "preachy."

"Um, I'm sorry, Kaito-san. That was a long answer to your joke. You were trying to be helpful and, yes, I appreciate the offer. I would be honored to see you after the miai as often as the Fortunes allow."
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:42 pm

"Hai may the fortunes bless you and those you wish for Musubi no kami to bless as well." She rose her cup with the remaining sake. "Marriages blessed by the fortunes and our hosts...Kampai!"
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:53 pm

Ishioka smiles widely at Oubaihime's toast. "Kampai!" He echoes.

"And may they bless you and your future husband as well, Kaito-san," the Lion says with a happy chuckle. "Ah, you said a few moments ago that Agasha-san is happy to join a new clan. Do you feel the same? I myself had never considered leaving the Lion, but as we said, the Fortunes may work in mysterious ways..." Ishioka, the thought taking some root in his mind, looks just slightly unsettled and pours a small amount of sake into each of their cups. Then he quietly downs his and replaces it.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:27 pm

""I have seen many pictures of a Phoenix. The have many colors in their tails and like that I am willing to become one of the many colors of the Phoenix tail." She nodded. "I am just a simple monk I do not ask for much." She gave a seated bow.
Smells like flowers