[D5, MA, expecting] More sake, more thinking

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D5, MA, expecting] More sake, more thinking

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:58 pm

The Lion chuckles as Oubaihime giggles.

"Hmm, and you are probably not the only one," he says with a wide smile. "But I also think there is more to... consider," he says, avoiding the phrase 'worry about,' "than just showings in these tests. Are you... finding attachments to potential husbands?" He tries to inquire subtly, but subtlety is not within the skill set of the Stone Matsu.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:13 pm

The red of her cheeks would have paled the red of her hakama if she was wearing that one. "Etooo... anooo... eh...Ha...Hai." The priestess sank a bit in her seat.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:25 pm

"Kaito-san, my apologies," he says, immediately shedding stone and covering his face in concern. "I am sorry, I don't mean to... Um, perhaps, I can share how I am feeling first? And then... if you wish to say more, you can?" He pauses, then quietly adds, "A little drink may help. Not too much, though." He nods encouragingly at the cup.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:49 pm

The Kaito looked at her cup and sipped a bit. "Ah... Hai" She looked at the Matsu and nodded.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:14 pm

Ishioka nods, then as he prepares to speak suddenly feels nervous. He closes his eyes and takes a breath.

"Kaito-san, I must share one thing first, as you no doubt see some anxiety as I speak to you about certain things," he says, a little awkwardly. "When I mentioned my sister, earlier... Well, you remind me of her in some ways. It makes me both anxious for your approval and very protective of you. And, I'm sure that seems very strange, and I apologize for..." He waves a hand vaguely at the space between them. "For the ways that this attachment shows itself," he rushes to say, "but I thought that you should know." The broad shouldered Lion dips his head a bit, watching for Oubaihime's reaction from beneath his brows.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:42 pm

The Kaito was now at ease. "I do have that tendency neh..."The priestess gave the Matsu a soft smile. "I remind many of siblings and that is why it is quite difficult to find someone."She gave it some thought. "I may be a mix of reborn souls in one." The girl giggled. "I am honored Matsu sama that you wish to protect this one." Oubaihime nodded. "I will be fine. If you wish to treat me so. Hai?"
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:58 pm

The Lion smiles in relief. "I am honored to be protective, and to help you in finding someone if you wish," he says. "Hachiko was my favorite sister, even though she was better than me at the things I wanted to be best at. You are better at kindness and support than I am, I know, but you are all the more dear to me because of it."

He takes a deep breath. "But I said I would share more about me first," he remembers. "I mentioned a Dragon, a certain Agasha, who... is not very much like me, I don't think, and yet..." He pauses as he looks for the right words. "Well, she seems to balance me, I have to say." He smiles a little bit to think of Inoshishi's energy.

"But I am also drawn to Usogawa Narumi-san," he says, voice wistful. "She is much more like me, reserved and protective. It is... It is strange that when I thought, coming here, that none from the Dragon or the minor clans could impress me, in fact my heart is most drawn to a Dragon and an Otter," Ishioka says, a little amazement clear in his voice.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:40 pm

"Ah...Agasha sama... she would be a sunshine to you. I am sorry I am yet to meet Usogawa sama." The Kaito sighed. "I met Agasha sama last night... It was like a sister to me." The Phoenix giggle. "Maybe that is a plus."
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:17 pm

Ishioka can't help but smile at Oubaihime, and imagining her side by side with Inoshishi diodes make him smile a little brighter.

He chuckles, then it occurs to him: "Kaito-san, would you... Would you care to have dinner, you and I, with Agasha-san and perhaps Kitsu Murato-san? That would be quite pleasant, I think," he says, looking the tiniest bit prideful at his idea.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:53 pm

The Matsu would note at the mention of Murato the Kaito would grow a bit red. Perhaps it was the drink. "That... that sounds... like... like a good idea... Matsu sama." She nervously smiled.
Smells like flowers