[D5, MA, expecting] More sake, more thinking

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Matsu Ishioka

[D5, MA, expecting] More sake, more thinking

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:42 pm

The seat that Ishioka is sitting in is becoming accustomed to him, and he's beginning to think he needs a change of scenery. But, with the rain continuing, there's a certain cozy comfort to the bar that he thinks helps his consideration of... the things that need considering.

With a bottle of sake and a cup in front of him, an observer might be worried about the man drinking alone. But on close inspection, his eyes reveal he's quite alert, the sake bottle is still nearly full, and there's probably no reason for concern.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Re: [D5, MA, expecting] More sake, more thinking

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:25 pm

Oubaihime entered the bar and walked toward the Lion. It had been a day or two since they had crossed paths. "I hope Inari had blessed you today, Lion sama."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:59 pm

"Oh, Kaito-san," Ishioka says warmly, straightening in his seat. "I'm well, and very pleased to see you." His choice is warm but still controlled. "I actually have been meaning to speak with you. Uh, do you have time now?" The Lion that she'd seen be so stoic and hesitant a few days before now seems quite animated - in comparison to the prior experience. He would still not be called energetic or dynamic, but there does seem more fire in the man than she could have found before.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:28 pm

"Are you well Lion sama?" She worried that he had indulged in drinking more than he was supposed to. "I am here to get some sake for my remedies so I do have some time."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:00 am

The Lion blinks, then smiles lightly.

"I am fine, Kaito-san. I am happy to see you, and perhaps am overzealous in showing it. I apologize." He bows his head. "Please sit. I am mostly curious how the miai is faring for you? Do you feel like..." He hesitates, realizing he's about to be too forward.

"Are you feeling good about the miai so far?" he asks kindly.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:19 am

"Ah... Hai..." She took a seat. "Are sure? Don't tell me your wound has been opened and this is how you deal with it?" Clearly she was worried.
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:40 am

Ishioka stops, remembering now just where they'd left their last conversation. He purses his lips and then nods his head.

"Kaito-san, you are so kind and dutiful. I... have no words worthy of such a paragon of compassion." He bows his head and keeps it there, reflecting his seriousness. Finally the Lion relents and raises his head. He looks serious, though that's the normal look of this man. "Perhaps before I ask about you, it's better to explain how I am and why you needn't worry about me?" He seems to wait for confirmation that's what she wants.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:45 am

A nod came from the Kaito followed by a very uncharacteristic very serious "Hai"
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:42 pm

The Lion nods. "Of course." He takes a deep breath.

"The wound that I have hesitated to share is that my younger sister was... killed... when visiting me at Kyuden Hida last fall. It is a difficult topic, especially... because there are samurai of the Dragon Clan here, and Hachiko was killed by a Dragon." The Lion clearly struggles through talking about this, but manages it.

"But it... There are good things going on too. I'm glad I'm here. I don't... I don't know what I'm doing, and plenty of things don't make sense, but it's... good." He finishes with a slightly stained smile, but one she knows is pretty good for this person.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:19 pm

The Kaito placed a sympathetic hand on his shoulder. "sometimes who we think are our greatest regrets opens a door to opportunities." The Priestess nodded. "I have seen people die in my hands and I have blood in my hands as well. Not everyone is the same Lion sama." She looked at the table then back to the Lion. "It is the things that forge us into what we are. Our experiences and our ties, connections that we make. Perhaps she was to be reborn sooner than you think. Her loss... well sow you a path that brought you to this miai. That may be to heal or to bleed out." She looked at the Lion and smiled. "I hope it is to heal."
Smells like flowers