[Day 5, Late Evening] The Fortune of Bad Decisions (Expecting)

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: [Day 5, Late Evening] The Fortune of Bad Decisions (Expecting)

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:49 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:45 pm
"It may have been the spirits that Kaikoga-san was hunting. I know how they can get when they feel threatened. But they clearly chose the time when I was not around so it's likely they didn't actually wish to face me. At least one small boost to my confidence," he says with a sardonic expression.
"We should investigate this. At the very least, have Tsumugusu-san sense if there truly was a spirit."
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:55 pm

"I didn't sense any," he said, reminding him that he can see ghosts. "Whatever or whoever it was, came and went before getting back. Maybe someone at the Inn saw something, but it was well after midnight."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:00 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:55 pm
"I didn't sense any," he said, reminding him that he can see ghosts. "Whatever or whoever it was, came and went before getting back. Maybe someone at the Inn saw something, but it was well after midnight."
Seeing ghosts could be one thing, but sensing the actions of the Kami was another.

"We should investigate this for definite, then. If you don't want answers, I damn well do, for the safety of the people here."
PM if thread desired

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:14 am

"The castle has been made aware. I'm sure they spent the day investigation. I have not heard anything back yet though. After the go matches I was out all afternoon, then I was... well I eventually made it here but I have not been back to the inn all day," he explains. "It is handled though. I didn't want to interfere past offering my report."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:24 am

"No, it isn't."

His voice turned stern, offering no room for negotiation. The measured, even manner in which his sake bottle was gently put down onto the table didn't either.

"Not until we know who it is and how to stop them."

"I'll be helping you back to your room tonight so let me investigate in the morn. I can coordinate with Katsuteru-sama with anything I find."
PM if thread desired

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:34 am

"It's the job of local magistrates," Murato says calmly. "I know you worry, but getting involved in their investigation is just as likely to cause problems as it is to offer solutions. I don't want them to claim interference with the investigation. And I am not so helpless to be put out my a missing kimono."

"Unless you want me to go to the Karo, file an official request to include you in the investigation, which might take until the miai is over to be approved if at all. I'm familiar with how the law works. It is an inconvenience, not the end of the world."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:41 am

As Murato's calm rises, Moshu becomes more and more incensed.

"If you know I worry, then give me the early morning. The early morn is all I ask, and then I'll get out of your way."
PM if thread desired

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:53 am

"You can come in the morning. Im not worried about you being in my way, I'm worried about you clashing with the authority of the castle," he clarified with a smile.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:00 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:53 am
"You can come in the morning. Im not worried about you being in my way, I'm worried about you clashing with the authority of the castle," he clarified with a smile.
The Kitsu looked... relieved, but not necessarily smiling.

"Katsuteru-sama and I are good friends since the passing of Shika Soboku-san. He will inevitably be involved in the investigation, so if we coordinate we're likely to find something."
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:40 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:35 pm
Raizo snorted.

"Yes, you're doing so terribly, you're getting invited to gatherings involving most of the women you've taken any interest in."
"My interests are irrelevant Raizo-san, utterly. If I cannot find someone willing to take me into their clan then this was all a waste. Furthermore taking an interest in every woman I meet here is bound to cause bad news." Soyokaze glances around the room looking for a woman to help reinforce his point but then notices the pair of Kitsu sitting at another table and fixes his gaze upon them for a moment. "I can stomach failure, I've grown accustomed to it even, having someone else chosen over me is entirely expected but..." He looked back at his friend. "There are some things even I cannot accept and this is one of them." On unsteady legs Soyokaze begins to rise and straighten his appearance, looking intent on doing or saying something, a war waging within him.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.