[Day 5, Late Evening] The Fortune of Bad Decisions (Expecting)

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [Day 5, Late Evening] The Fortune of Bad Decisions (Expecting)

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:22 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:03 pm
"Don't be so sure about that. I was... surprised by how understanding she was. Remember, Soyokaze-san, she's seen a lot of scared youngsters in her time."
Soyokaze sighed. "Perhaps. The problem is that the fiction I have been crafting in my head is so appealing that I find it hard to seek out new candidates. I want to meet new people but I can't imagine any of them being as kind as those I already have met. I did manage to break my routine a bit today but i can't really say if it was productive or not. I received an odd letter and managed to intuit it's meaning, leading me to a gathering of spiritually minded candidates seemingly hosted by Moto Mitsuki-sama, who is just as lovely up close as from afar, as was Utaku Kheree-sama and Usogawa Narumi-sama. But at the same time Bai-san, Koi-sama AND Unsei-sama were all there, every woman I have met here to date." He blanched at his own words. "N-note to date, I mean up until this point." He pulled out a fan. "Will it never cool down today?"
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:35 pm

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:22 pm
Soyokaze sighed. "Perhaps. The problem is that the fiction I have been crafting in my head is so appealing that I find it hard to seek out new candidates. I want to meet new people but I can't imagine any of them being as kind as those I already have met. I did manage to break my routine a bit today but i can't really say if it was productive or not. I received an odd letter and managed to intuit it's meaning, leading me to a gathering of spiritually minded candidates seemingly hosted by Moto Mitsuki-sama, who is just as lovely up close as from afar, as was Utaku Kheree-sama and Usogawa Narumi-sama. But at the same time Bai-san, Koi-sama AND Unsei-sama were all there, every woman I have met here to date." He blanched at his own words. "N-note to date, I mean up until this point." He pulled out a fan. "Will it never cool down today?"
Raizo snorted.

"Yes, you're doing so terribly, you're getting invited to gatherings involving most of the women you've taken any interest in."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:42 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:15 pm
"It's not finding a spouse that I am bothered by. It's... something else. The sensation of dealing with a potential truth and realization. Identifying a cruelty that is built into the world."
The Kitsu indicated for his cousin to go on.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:08 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:42 pm
The Kitsu indicated for his cousin to go on.
He sighs. "False hope. Self delusions. Putting faith in improbable futures out of naivete. Not paying enough heed to Leadership."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:48 pm

This was confusing - so it wasn't about the Kaito woman?

What could cause false hope to swi-

If it was what he thought it was...

A question began to put itself on his lips - but then he remembered the Seppun's advice.

Be certain.

"If you feel you lack strength, train to be your Lord's right arm. If you feel you lack wit, train to be his left. The only obstacles between you and your partner of choice lay in their heart and these miai events, no?"
PM if thread desired

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:19 pm

"There is another thing that can lay between those hearts. Another's heart," he says shaking his head. "And when such is admitted by them... you have already lost it," he replies. "You cannot win a battle you've already lost."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:30 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:19 pm
"There is another thing that can lay between those hearts. Another's heart," he says shaking his head. "And when such is admitted by them... you have already lost it," he replies. "You cannot win a battle you've already lost."
...Ah.

It was a feeling he knew well enough - it was one almost any man knew.
It was one that he had seen too many times amongst the dead for it to ignite anything but anger.
There was a vileness which coursed through his veins at the thought. That someone had hurt his fellow Lion, his classmate, in a way that he could not revoke. Through no true ill intent of that person, one of his Pride was suffering - and no amount of vengeance would set things right.

And so, he reached into his mourning place. A dark, damp, incredibly well maintained shrine within the soul which was reserved for when someone was grieving. Within the Mourner's temple, he could withstand almost any pain, and could hold almost no ill will.

He opened his arms subtly, making room for the other Lion should he need it.

"No general should be forced to grieve alone, cousin. If you need it, I..."

((OOC: If you need it, I can also roll a social skill in order to trigger the bard's console ability))
PM if thread desired

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:38 pm

"No... it is..." he closes his eyes tightly. Then looks up at the ceiling with an inhale, the minimal light of the bar revealing the bags under his eyes.

"It is simply a thing that must run it's course I think. There are others that I have come to know and enjoy the company of. I think that I simply need to sleep after my drink," he says, taking a sip from the bottle on cue. "I have not slept since yesterday afternoon. I was out protecting Kaikoga Koi alongside Shika Nesshin. She was hunting a spirit threat. Someone even tossed my room and stole my spare clothing. The world seems to have turned against me somewhat in the past day."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:42 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:38 pm
"No... it is..." he closes his eyes tightly. Then looks up at the ceiling with an inhale, the minimal light of the bar revealing the bags under his eyes.

"It is simply a thing that must run it's course I think. There are others that I have come to know and enjoy the company of. I think that I simply need to sleep after my drink," he says, taking a sip from the bottle on cue. "I have not slept since yesterday afternoon. I was out protecting Kaikoga Koi alongside Shika Nesshin. She was hunting a spirit threat. Someone even tossed my room and stole my spare clothing. The world seems to have turned against me somewhat in the past day."
The Kitsu nodded with sympathy.

"Then at least allow me to help you back, Kitsu-san. I will be here until - hold on, someone invaded your room?"
PM if thread desired

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:45 pm

"It may have been the spirits that Kaikoga-san was hunting. I know how they can get when they feel threatened. But they clearly chose the time when I was not around so it's likely they didn't actually wish to face me. At least one small boost to my confidence," he says with a sardonic expression.