[Day 5, Late Evening] The Fortune of Bad Decisions (Expecting)

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Shiba Raizo

Re: [Day 5, Late Evening] The Fortune of Bad Decisions (Expecting)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:44 am

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:24 am
"You know her story and you say you have served with wave-men in the past so let me ask you, how hard IS the life of a Ronin?" Dark gears were turning in his head suddenly.
"Very. They have no lord to serve, so they have some freedom there... but it's the freedom to starve. To move from contemptuous employer to contemptuous employer. They're the lowest of samurai- meaning those who have a grudge against samurai can pick on them without much fear of retribution. It also means that most of us with a clan to serve can treat them however we like, up to a point. They very seldom have anyone to support them in a crisis- and even fewer to avenge them if they're wronged."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:50 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:35 am
Seeing his fellow Kitsu as they are, Moshumaru grabbed his own bottle and bowed, seeking an audience.
"You seem troubled, cousin. Care to share your worries?"
"I will be fine. Just facing reality a bit," he says with a nod, offering a seat to join him. He at least didn't seem to be drunk nor quickly on his way there. Just some unpleasant thoughts rolling around in his head.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:18 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:50 pm
"I will be fine. Just facing reality a bit," he says with a nod, offering a seat to join him. He at least didn't seem to be drunk nor quickly on his way there. Just some unpleasant thoughts rolling around in his head.
Taking the seat, Moshu took a deep swig of drink and a frank demeanour. "If 'fine' is because you'll be blackout drunk and drunkily hanging on some geisha's skirt, you're sacrificing the war for a single battle."

His bottle hit the table a little harder than he anticipated, but it spilled nowhere.

"Now, will you let a cousin help a cousin?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:33 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:18 pm
Taking the seat, Moshu took a deep swig of drink and a frank demeanour. "If 'fine' is because you'll be blackout drunk and drunkily hanging on some geisha's skirt, you're sacrificing the war for a single battle."

His bottle hit the table a little harder than he anticipated, but it spilled nowhere.

"Now, will you let a cousin help a cousin?"
"Not as bad as all that. I will be fine," he says with a nod. "It's simply a lesson in accepting that infatuation can just as often lead to pain as joy. Nothing is lost, just disappointing. I simply need to remind myself that life does not end with a single failure."

He takes a sip. Even when drinking and despondent Murato is apparently honestly introspective. Which does nothing to hide his mood.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:06 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:33 pm
"Not as bad as all that. I will be fine," he says with a nod. "It's simply a lesson in accepting that infatuation can just as often lead to pain as joy. Nothing is lost, just disappointing. I simply need to remind myself that life does not end with a single failure."

He takes a sip. Even when drinking and despondent Murato is apparently honestly introspective. Which does nothing to hide his mood.
Ah, I see. Then the rumours...

Moshu gave his cousin a sympathetic smile.

"Ah, I get you. Don't worry yourself over one little samurai-ko; There's at least two or three entire miais here, after all. Besides, would our Lords have sent us here if we weren't to succeed eventually?"

((OOC:I'm fluffing the 'marry a generic NPC' option Saiban noted as there being other miai groups doing their thing))
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:48 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:44 am
"Very. They have no lord to serve, so they have some freedom there... but it's the freedom to starve. To move from contemptuous employer to contemptuous employer. They're the lowest of samurai- meaning those who have a grudge against samurai can pick on them without much fear of retribution. It also means that most of us with a clan to serve can treat them however we like, up to a point. They very seldom have anyone to support them in a crisis- and even fewer to avenge them if they're wronged."
Soyokaze's mood somehow seemed to worsen. "A stupid thought on my part anyway, as I said I can't protect myself." He set down his cup and just breathed a for a moment. "Have you tried talking to the matchmakers about your issues? Perhaps you could persuade them to decide favorably."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:54 pm

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:48 pm
Soyokaze's mood somehow seemed to worsen. "A stupid thought on my part anyway, as I said I can't protect myself." He set down his cup and just breathed a for a moment. "Have you tried talking to the matchmakers about your issues? Perhaps you could persuade them to decide favorably."
"Try and force their hand? Nah."

He sipped at the same cup, evidently having reached what he considered his limit for irresponsibly knocking them back.

"I did visit Shika Pei Pei-sama, but I was very careful to phrase the conversation in terms of seeking advice about how to perhaps find ways to be less... unhappy if things don't work out the way I'd like."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:00 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:54 pm
"Try and force their hand? Nah."

He sipped at the same cup, evidently having reached what he considered his limit for irresponsibly knocking them back.

"I did visit Shika Pei Pei-sama, but I was very careful to phrase the conversation in terms of seeking advice about how to perhaps find ways to be less... unhappy if things don't work out the way I'd like."
"If Pei Pei-sama has such wisdom then perhaps I should try and meet with her." He took another sip. "No, I would likely only worsen my fate with some uncouth display and find myself marrying a Daidoji just so my clan can keep my "talents" in the clan."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:03 pm

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:00 pm
"If Pei Pei-sama has such wisdom then perhaps I should try and meet with her." He took another sip. "No, I would likely only worsen my fate with some uncouth display and find myself marrying a Daidoji just so my clan can keep my "talents" in the clan."
"Don't be so sure about that. I was... surprised by how understanding she was. Remember, Soyokaze-san, she's seen a lot of scared youngsters in her time."
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:15 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:06 pm
Ah, I see. Then the rumours...

Moshu gave his cousin a sympathetic smile.

"Ah, I get you. Don't worry yourself over one little samurai-ko; There's at least two or three entire miais here, after all. Besides, would our Lords have sent us here if we weren't to succeed eventually?"

((OOC:I'm fluffing the 'marry a generic NPC' option Saiban noted as there being other miai groups doing their thing))
"It's not finding a spouse that I am bothered by. It's... something else. The sensation of dealing with a potential truth and realization. Identifying a cruelty that is built into the world."