[D4, LA, expecting] Time for serious drinking

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D4, LA, expecting] Time for serious drinking

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:42 pm

There is a faint rumble of displeasure from the man as her hands escape, though he respectfully lets them go without resistance. Then Ishioka regards her intently for a time, taking a long drink of sake himself as he does so.

Perhaps surprisingly, the first thing he says is, "I've enjoyed speaking with you, Usogawa-san." There's a pause for her to look at his eyes and see he means it. "I would like to do so again." And again, and again, he thinks. "I have a great deal of... curiosity... about the skills and role of a nakodo. A... recently acquired, but very strong interest," he says, carefully choosing his words. The intensity of his eyes upon her makes clear that what he's saying is all very true.

He takes another drink, then adds, "Would it be too much of an imposition to meet again tomorrow? If the weather permits, perhaps we might speak while we stroll."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:22 am

The rumble is not missed and it makes Narumi giggle lightly despite herself.
"I've very much enjoyed this as well," the colour had not faded from her cheeks but it bloomed again.
"Of a nakodo? Really? ...Seriously?" Her brow furrowed again in surprise. "At your pleasure, I'm happy to talk to you about my profession. I guess given the miai, everyone is at least interested..."
Narumi looks at him when he asks to see her again and can't help but smile. "Are you sure it's not the sake talking that wants to see me?" She can't help but ask. Wanting to touch him again but knowing if she did, she wouldn't stop. "I'd.. I'd very much enjoy strolling with you."
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:11 am

Ishioka smiles faintly, realizing some of his efforts to be clever had been too much so, and he restrains a desire to touch her hand again.

"Perhaps I should not admit this," he says quietly, glancing sideways conspiratorially. "But for someone like me, who regularly drinks shochu with big Crab bushi, a few cups of sake isn't getting the better of me." He falls silent, rather than reinforce his words with an explicit statement, but in his eyes she can see a touch of fire again. It's the safe, comforting fire, but it makes clear he knows exactly what he's saying.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:25 am

Oh! Secrets! She leans in far closer than is necessary to hear the Lion, dangerously close, and smirks at his reassurance.
"Well... with the amount of times Yasuki Jin-san has drank me under the table during our trades despite Hiruma blood in my veins, you'd think I'd have learned to hold my drinks," she said quietly in return.
"I think you have me at a disadvantage..." she murmured invitingly.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:05 am

The Lion's face, looking a little cocky when he'd finished speaking, was warm as Narumi spoke. There was a brighter smile as she mentioned having Crab blood, and then when she adopted that inviting tone, the bushi almost froze. He seemed to hesitate for a moment - not sure he'd heard what he heard - then exhales heavily trying to remain steady.

"Usogawa-san should be cautious," Ishioka says in a low, warning voice. "Soldiers, when they know they have an advantage, tend to become more aggressive about taking an opportunity." Despite the restraint in his voice, the fire in his eyes looks a few degrees hotter.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:19 am

"Just cant seem to resist playing with fire..." she replied, keeping her attention squarely on him and reading the subtle shifts to his disposition. And it was true, even in the state she was in she'd not want to see his honor harmed. So her hands remained to themselves.
"...And I have to wonder what you might do, given said advantage?" She tempted further with a smirk.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:42 am

Ishioka tries again to calm himself with an exhale and a deep breath. In their intensity, though, each comes out sounding just slightly like the growl of a male lion as it starts to awaken. The man's intense gaze at Narumi does nothing to lessen that sense.

"I think, Usogawa-san, that if I told you, I would be yielding that advantage." It's his turn now to lean closer, perhaps puting them at a risque distance. "And i clearly need every advantage that I can get," he says, not much above a whisper.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:15 pm

"Hmm," she made an amused noise as he leans closer, her heartrate spikes and it's with incredible difficulty that she manages not to kiss him then.
Instead one hand moved, she rubs her lower lip in conflicted thought, not for a moment dropping the challenge of his gaze either.
"It was true... what I said earlier. The last thing I want to do is see you get hurt. Especially if I'm the cause," her head tilted mere degrees closer to his. "Are you sure you want to pursue me, Ishioka-san?"

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:22 pm

Ishioka maintains their gaze too, face turning more serious as Narumi speaks. He takes a deep breath as he considers, respecting what she has said.

"I am not sure about a lot of things, here, Usogawa-san," the man says slowly and quietly. "I know there will be surprises. Some of them unhappy. But I feel... drawn to you... and I can't..." He pauses for a breath. "I can't just set that aside."

He closes his eyes a moment. "I don't know if it will matter. The Deer nakodo will likely have their way in the end." He looks back to her eyes. "But I... want... to try..." he says, voice almost painfully slow, heavy with emotion. His eyes stay on hers and he starts to raise a hand, but she can see the struggle within him as he stops the hand and then wills it back down to the table.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:32 pm

Her breath catches in her throat, and her smile is gentle, soft. "I understand. And, for what it's worth, I feel the same." Remaining precariously close to him.