[D4, LE] Post Theater Wrap Up

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D4, LE] Post Theater Wrap Up

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:36 am

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:27 am
"Oh, the real art in making such a portrait wouldn't be in changing the model, but either putting their good points to the front so that the bad are ignored, or simply making it so the bad parts aren't in the composition." She then realised what she'd said. "Um, I mean... I've read Sei Douji's pillow book, recently. While I don't know if that would be to your liking as I don't know your tastes all that well, I must say that the relations between all those ladies at the winter court are described in a very entertaining way."

She took a careful sip of her sake and checked to see how Hikimasu's cup was doing.

"What are you reading at the moment?"
"It's called That Room Will Go On Without Them, it's mainly a standard love triangle, but the characters are entertaining because they are artists and not courtiers, so their social gaffes are more believable and relatable. It's been nice though, but I haven't been able to get back to it as I've been practicing music more."

If he picked up on the bits about bad qualities for a painting subject, he had ignored it.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:53 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:36 am
"It's called That Room Will Go On Without Them, it's mainly a standard love triangle, but the characters are entertaining because they are artists and not courtiers, so their social gaffes are more believable and relatable. It's been nice though, but I haven't been able to get back to it as I've been practicing music more."

If he picked up on the bits about bad qualities for a painting subject, he had ignored it.
Urgh, love triangles...

"Well, I must admit I'm very much not fond of love triangles, but the rest of it sounds rather interesting indeed." Fujiko shook her head. "What instruments do you play?"
Moth clan
44 Glory ¦ 52 Honor ¦ 35 Status
Wears an moth themed opal hair ornament
Looks sickly (incurable illness) and awkward (meekness)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:57 pm

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:53 pm
"Well, I must admit I'm very much not fond of love triangles, but the rest of it sounds rather interesting indeed." Fujiko shook her head. "What instruments do you play?"
"Shakuhachi for now, but I've figured out the shamisen in the past", he offered. Though he wasn't interested in talking about that because of her other statement. "What's wrong with love triangles?" He asked.

Honestly with the way you imagine couples, I would think it would be a favorite.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:06 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:57 pm
"Shakuhachi for now, but I've figured out the shamisen in the past", he offered. Though he wasn't interested in talking about that because of her other statement. "What's wrong with love triangles?" He asked.

Honestly with the way you imagine couples, I would think it would be a favorite.
"Well, aside from the fact that it's overdone, and quantity brings a lower overall quality in execution," she started. "It's just... Well, it's miserable, isn't it? Either nobody is happy, everyone kills themselves at the end or, in the best of case, given those characters usually base their entire existence around the romance in those stories, well, at least one has their lives ruined, don't they?"

She reached for her cup before remembering she'd decided to pace herself.

"I'm not saying the drama can't be entertaining, but overall I'd still say that if you're going for a tragedy, go all the way, and if you're not, don't put in a stupid love triangle."

This, of course, had nothing to do with her abandonment issues or the fact that Koi would marry someone by the end of the week, likely to go far away.

"Love should be warm and fuzzy, not... stressful, inequal and slipping out of your fingers."
Moth clan

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:00 pm

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:06 pm
"Well, aside from the fact that it's overdone, and quantity brings a lower overall quality in execution," she started. "It's just... Well, it's miserable, isn't it? Either nobody is happy, everyone kills themselves at the end or, in the best of case, given those characters usually base their entire existence around the romance in those stories, well, at least one has their lives ruined, don't they?"

She reached for her cup before remembering she'd decided to pace herself.

"I'm not saying the drama can't be entertaining, but overall I'd still say that if you're going for a tragedy, go all the way, and if you're not, don't put in a stupid love triangle."

This, of course, had nothing to do with her abandonment issues or the fact that Koi would marry someone by the end of the week, likely to go far away.

"Love should be warm and fuzzy, not... stressful, inequal and slipping out of your fingers."
He listened, but didn't agree. Though everyone has their own reasons. "I like bittersweet stories, I suppose. Not all of those situations end horribly, I remember another story called This Winter Never Ends and though the protagonist loved another character, and had their love returned in a well written night of passion, that lover was forced to return home. It left them with their other lover, who while they knew cared for them deeply they wouldn't choose as they felt they'd betrayed them by following their heart."

He shrugged. "It was a beautiful story, honestly, but if you prefer happy tales I can understand not being a fan."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:19 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:00 pm
He listened, but didn't agree. Though everyone has their own reasons. "I like bittersweet stories, I suppose. Not all of those situations end horribly, I remember another story called This Winter Never Ends and though the protagonist loved another character, and had their love returned in a well written night of passion, that lover was forced to return home. It left them with their other lover, who while they knew cared for them deeply they wouldn't choose as they felt they'd betrayed them by following their heart."

He shrugged. "It was a beautiful story, honestly, but if you prefer happy tales I can understand not being a fan."
"Yes, I... maybe was a bit too vehement. I suppose that book does sound interesting as well but I still am not fond of the device." She sighed. "I suppose it can't be worse than the last romance book I read, in which a Lion has to choose between his love and duty."

She took a sip.

"The ending is rather previsible."
Moth clan

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:26 pm

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:19 pm
"Yes, I... maybe was a bit too vehement. I suppose that book does sound interesting as well but I still am not fond of the device." She sighed. "I suppose it can't be worse than the last romance book I read, in which a Lion has to choose between his love and duty."

She took a sip.

"The ending is rather previsible."
Oh

"Oh..."

He sipped his sake. "I haven't read many books a lion would put their name on for that reason." He held his cup out to the Moth. "To avoiding literary traps."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:51 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:26 pm
Oh

"Oh..."

He sipped his sake. "I haven't read many books a lion would put their name on for that reason." He held his cup out to the Moth. "To avoiding literary traps."
Fujiko topped Hikimasu's offered cup and filled her own as well before answering.

"I wish I had the strength to do the same, but every time I wonder if it'll be different this once." She shook her head. "But sadly, it seems the Lion refuse to compromise even in fiction."
Moth clan

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:57 pm

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:51 pm
Fujiko topped Hikimasu's offered cup and filled her own as well before answering.

"I wish I had the strength to do the same, but every time I wonder if it'll be different this once." She shook her head. "But sadly, it seems the Lion refuse to compromise even in fiction."
He topped hers off as well and sipped.

"Well, they're low hanging fruit, those Lion. Kami bless them", he chuckled, then unconsciously his gaze settled on her. And after too many quiet moments he remembered he's a creep no matter how good of a time he's having and looked away.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:31 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:57 pm
He topped hers off as well and sipped.

"Well, they're low hanging fruit, those Lion. Kami bless them", he chuckled, then unconsciously his gaze settled on her. And after too many quiet moments he remembered he's a creep no matter how good of a time he's having and looked away.
Fujiko noticed Hikimasu looking away after looking at her face and raised her hand to it in confusion.

"Um, is there... something on my face?" she asked, while pawing around to feel if something was off. Did she spill her drink or some of the accompanying snacks?
Moth clan