[D4, LE] Post Theater Wrap Up

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D4, LE] Post Theater Wrap Up

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:00 pm

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:56 pm
She nodded in thanks as he filled her cup and drank some more.

"Well, my clan seeks omens in dreams - it was founded on that ability - but..." she grimaced a bit. "Well, for me it was mostly a matter of rest, of the limits of my body."
He frowned slightly, not sure what to think of what she was telling him.

"Should you be drinking then?" he asked, looking down at his empty cup, he was going to be subtle about getting her to refill his for him, but now he wasn't so sure that was best. He was honestly even more touched than before that she had agreed to accompany him when it was late at night as well, he just didn't know how to really say it.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:13 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:00 pm
He frowned slightly, not sure what to think of what she was telling him.

"Should you be drinking then?" he asked, looking down at his empty cup, he was going to be subtle about getting her to refill his for him, but now he wasn't so sure that was best. He was honestly even more touched than before that she had agreed to accompany him when it was late at night as well, he just didn't know how to really say it.
"Ah..."

Fujiko started thinking fast. Was it? She took her medicine in the morning, so it should be, right?

"Well, only one way to find out." She raised her cup and drank some more. "I'm kidding. It should be fine, the medicine should be mostly gone and it was a good day."

All the same, she felt some heat getting at her cheeks.

"I probably should drink more slowly, though."
Moth clan
44 Glory ¦ 52 Honor ¦ 35 Status
Wears an moth themed opal hair ornament
Looks sickly (incurable illness) and awkward (meekness)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:15 pm

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:13 pm
"Ah..."

Fujiko started thinking fast. Was it? She took her medicine in the morning, so it should be, right?

"Well, only one way to find out." She raised her cup and drank some more. "I'm kidding. It should be fine, the medicine should be mostly gone and it was a good day."

All the same, she felt some heat getting at her cheeks.

"I probably should drink more slowly, though."
He didn't really know what to say. Asking about it further would be beyond rude at that point, and she said it was fine. However, he wasn't stupid. He knew he could do something, like make sure she held to her word about going slower.

"Then", he pushed his cup toward her a little bit. "I'll join you, and we can follow the same pace. Would you mind doing the pour?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:22 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:15 pm
He didn't really know what to say. Asking about it further would be beyond rude at that point, and she said it was fine. However, he wasn't stupid. He knew he could do something, like make sure she held to her word about going slower.

"Then", he pushed his cup toward her a little bit. "I'll join you, and we can follow the same pace. Would you mind doing the pour?"
Fujiko nodded at the offer and topped his cup.

"Well, now we'll need some new subject, what with having our mouth free. Do you have any hobbies?"
Moth clan

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:34 pm

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:22 pm

Fujiko nodded at the offer and topped his cup.

"Well, now we'll need some new subject, what with having our mouth free. Do you have any hobbies?"
He nodded his head at her pour and took up the cup again.

"I take care of my horse, Yudaina-san, and I have some ability with music, dance, acting", he said. He had skills as s bushi as well, but she asked about hobbies, not duty. Though he supposed Yudaina counted as duty too, but he was a friend. "Honestly it's not much but it can keep one occupied when deployed." He sipped. It wasn't bad sake, he admitted. He'd have to be careful. "What about you, Kaikoga-san?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:42 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:34 pm
He nodded his head at her pour and took up the cup again.

"I take care of my horse, Yudaina-san, and I have some ability with music, dance, acting", he said. He had skills as s bushi as well, but she asked about hobbies, not duty. Though he supposed Yudaina counted as duty too, but he was a friend. "Honestly it's not much but it can keep one occupied when deployed." He sipped. It wasn't bad sake, he admitted. He'd have to be careful. "What about you, Kaikoga-san?"
"Oh, that explains your knowledge of theater," she commented. "As for me, well, I paint mostly. I do enjoy reading from time to time, but most of my time is spent brush in hand. I'm a rather dull girl I'm afraid."
Moth clan

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:47 pm

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:42 pm
"Oh, that explains your knowledge of theater," she commented. "As for me, well, I paint mostly. I do enjoy reading from time to time, but most of my time is spent brush in hand. I'm a rather dull girl I'm afraid."
"What do you prefer to paint?" he asked. "I'll ask about books after that, if you don't mind telling me as well."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:50 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:47 pm
"What do you prefer to paint?" he asked. "I'll ask about books after that, if you don't mind telling me as well."
She'd have to answer subtly on that one.

"Oh, portraits, mostly," she lied like a terrible liar who lies. "While I do paint environments from time to time, I prefer the living form to nature, as beautiful as it may be."
Moth clan

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:05 am

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:50 pm
She'd have to answer subtly on that one.

"Oh, portraits, mostly," she lied like a terrible liar who lies. "While I do paint environments from time to time, I prefer the living form to nature, as beautiful as it may be."
Well, there's a reason for her lies, there always is. We'll come to that later.
"Portraits", he said, nodding and sipped more sake. "They must be difficult with all the factors involved. Complimenting the subject with embellishment and all." a slight chuckle. "You could paint me with pretty eyes, even. Yet, you mentioned books. I'm working on one myself since I've arrived, anything good lately?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:27 am

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:05 am
Well, there's a reason for her lies, there always is. We'll come to that later.
"Portraits", he said, nodding and sipped more sake. "They must be difficult with all the factors involved. Complimenting the subject with embellishment and all." a slight chuckle. "You could paint me with pretty eyes, even. Yet, you mentioned books. I'm working on one myself since I've arrived, anything good lately?"
"Oh, the real art in making such a portrait wouldn't be in changing the model, but either putting their good points to the front so that the bad are ignored, or simply making it so the bad parts aren't in the composition." She then realised what she'd said. "Um, I mean... I've read Sei Douji's pillow book, recently. While I don't know if that would be to your liking as I don't know your tastes all that well, I must say that the relations between all those ladies at the winter court are described in a very entertaining way."

She took a careful sip of her sake and checked to see how Hikimasu's cup was doing.

"What are you reading at the moment?"
Moth clan