[D4, LE] Post Theater Wrap Up

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D4, LE] Post Theater Wrap Up

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:36 pm

"Kampai!" Hikimasu help up his cup toward Fujiko.

They'd walked from the theater under umbrellas, talking about the show more or less the entire way. He was entertained, the conversation was good. Now they were at Uguisu's Song though, and he put in an order, trying to keep the mood going.

He found it easier with Fujiko than he thought, or perhaps she was something like Emiko in the way she could adapt and be friendly with anyone. Either way, he found it a good quality and he had no regrets as yet in inviting her. She seemed to be good company and the little glimpses of the Fujiko he'd seen under her first-meet exterior had been interesting him.

He drank and sat back down across from her, his mask hanging around his neck.

"Nothing beats late night sake", he said, clearly happy with the moment. "The bath is going to be amazing after this." Though he wasn't referring to them together in the bath, his brain didn't catch that it could be taken that way.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kaikoga Fujiko

Re: [D4, LE] Post Theater Wrap Up

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:48 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:36 pm
"Kampai!" Hikimasu help up his cup toward Fujiko.

They'd walked from the theater under umbrellas, talking about the show more or less the entire way. He was entertained, the conversation was good. Now they were at Uguisu's Song though, and he put in an order, trying to keep the mood going.

He found it easier with Fujiko than he thought, or perhaps she was something like Emiko in the way she could adapt and be friendly with anyone. Either way, he found it a good quality and he had no regrets as yet in inviting her. She seemed to be good company and the little glimpses of the Fujiko he'd seen under her first-meet exterior had been interesting him.

He drank and sat back down across from her, his mask hanging around his neck.

"Nothing beats late night sake", he said, clearly happy with the moment. "The bath is going to be amazing after this." Though he wasn't referring to them together in the bath, his brain didn't catch that it could be taken that way.
"Kampai!" Fujiko raised her cup in answer.

She took a small sip as he did the same, observing his often hidden face, for once revealed.

"I don't drink often, I hope I won't overindulge," she idly commented. "So... that is what you look like, under your mask. I thought the Scorpions were supposed to always keep theirs on. I was almost looking forward to see what strange straw-based contraption you'd have to use," she teased him.
Moth clan
44 Glory ¦ 52 Honor ¦ 35 Status
Wears an moth themed opal hair ornament
Looks sickly (incurable illness) and awkward (meekness)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:01 pm

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:48 pm
"Kampai!" Fujiko raised her cup in answer.

She took a small sip as he did the same, observing his often hidden face, for once revealed.

"I don't drink often, I hope I won't overindulge," she idly commented. "So... that is what you look like, under your mask."
She just did the dainty girl signal of 'hey i'm going to get drunk' didn't she?

Hikimasu tried not to pay it too much mind. Doing that would make him think she liked him, and that was just far too dangerous.

"Well, this is just a face, everyone has them. Some are nicer than others but it's not something I think on much", he said, going in circles trying not to make it weird but doing that anyway. Was it getting hot in here? He already took off his mask. The truth was, he had a handsome scorpion face, if not for Benten putting the dead fish filter over his classic Scorpion bedroom eyes, he might even be dangerously alluring.

but that was not to be, so he wasn't.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:20 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:01 pm
She just did the dainty girl signal of 'hey i'm going to get drunk' didn't she?

Hikimasu tried not to pay it too much mind. Doing that would make him think she liked him, and that was just far too dangerous.

"Well, this is just a face, everyone has them. Some are nicer than others but it's not something I think on much", he said, going in circles trying not to make it weird but doing that anyway. Was it getting hot in here? He already took off his mask. The truth was, he had a handsome scorpion face, if not for Benten putting the dead fish filter over his classic Scorpion bedroom eyes, he might even be dangerously alluring.

but that was not to be, so he wasn't.
Fujiko nodded. Apparently he didn't want to talk too much about it. Granted, someone who would actually want to wax on and on about their face would be a strange, annoying person, but it was a shame; Hikimasu's face was rather nice on the eyes. The issue, of course, remained his eyes. It wasn't that they were completely horrible and repulsive, but they were definitely not as good as the rest.

"How do Scorpions choose their masks, anyway?" Fujiko wandered aloud. "Do you pick them yourselves, or is it something that's given to you?"
Moth clan

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:24 pm

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:20 pm
Fujiko nodded. Apparently he didn't want to talk too much about it. Granted, someone who would actually want to wax on and on about their face would be a strange, annoying person, but it was a shame; Hikimasu's face was rather nice on the eyes. The issue, of course, remained his eyes. It wasn't that they were completely horrible and repulsive, but they were definitely not as good as the rest.

"How do Scorpions choose their masks, anyway?" Fujiko wandered aloud. "Do you pick them yourselves, or is it something that's given to you?"
"Our first masks are usually given to us by our sensei, or a family member at our gemppuku", he explained. "I brought this because it's easy to deal with, though I have a few others. It's normal for a Scorpion to have more than one, usually something less of a fuss such as this, then something more ornate, like what Bayushi Mitsu-san has been wearing." He sipped his drink. "Some wear strange masks though, that don't even cover much of their face, simply sticking to the tradition but wanting to show off their looks." He shrugged.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:30 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:24 pm
"Our first masks are usually given to us by our sensei, or a family member at our gemppuku", he explained. "I brought this because it's easy to deal with, though I have a few others. It's normal for a Scorpion to have more than one, usually something less of a fuss such as this, then something more ornate, like what Bayushi Mitsu-san has been wearing." He sipped his drink. "Some wear strange masks though, that don't even cover much of their face, simply sticking to the tradition but wanting to show off their looks." He shrugged.
Fujiko wondered why he hadn't picked something to cover the top of his face then, given how conscious he looked about it, but didn't know how to phrase it without being insulting. Probably because it was, despite her good intentions. She'd have to wait until later in the night to ask, once they were good and drunk, if they reached that point.

Instead, she just nodded again and took another sip.

"We Moths don't have such traditions, although I suppose our Gempuku look different than most. I don't think sleeping and painting are valued as highly by other clans," she said, trying to lighten the atmosphere after having gotten closer to a subject Hikimasu might not have wanted to speak about.
Moth clan

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:34 pm

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:30 pm
Instead, she just nodded again and took another sip.

"We Moths don't have such traditions, although I suppose our Gempuku look different than most. I don't think sleeping and painting are valued as highly by other clans," she said, trying to lighten the atmosphere after having gotten closer to a subject Hikimasu might not have wanted to speak about.
He also sipped as she spoke, and gave her a lopsided smile.

"That sounds like other clan's problems, not yours."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:44 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:34 pm
He also sipped as she spoke, and gave her a lopsided smile.

"That sounds like other clan's problems, not yours."
She smiled back.

"True enough. Let me tell you, few samurai have spent as much time in bed as me." She took half a sip and almost choked on it as she thought back on what she just said. "Sleeping! Time in bed sleeping!"
Moth clan

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:48 pm

Kaikoga Fujiko wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:44 pm
She smiled back.

"True enough. Let me tell you, few samurai have spent as much time in bed as me." She took half a sip and almost choked on it as she thought back on what she just said. "Sleeping! Time in bed sleeping!"
Slight quirk of the lip.

"As you say." He drank deep and filled her cup, leaving his owm with the three dancing foxes on it near the bottle. "That sounds like something important to your people, rest? Dreams?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kaikoga Fujiko

Post by Kaikoga Fujiko » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:56 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:48 pm
Slight quirk of the lip.

"As you say." He drank deep and filled her cup, leaving his owm with the three dancing foxes on it near the bottle. "That sounds like something important to your people, rest? Dreams?"
She nodded in thanks as he filled her cup and drank some more.

"Well, my clan seeks omens in dreams - it was founded on that ability - but..." she grimaced a bit. "Well, for me it was mostly a matter of rest, of the limits of my body."
Moth clan