[D3, LE] Days that call for a night cap

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D3, LE] Days that call for a night cap

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:29 pm

The Lion, whose thoughts had wandered, is suddenly called upon again to respond. Can't hide out in plain sight... Or whatever grandmother used to say.

"Kaito-san continues to be the most kind of samurai," he says loud enough for it to be heard clearly, giving a slightly exaggerated bow in her direction. "And this must be Kasuga-san," he says, offering a much smaller bow to him. "Matsu Ishioka, of the Lion embassy guard at Kyuden Hida," he says, brief as he can be, his look at the Tortoise as stony and neutral as his Stone Matsu nickname demands.

"Moto-san, to your question, I think tomorrow must be poetry or singing--some art with words. Our hosts were creative with today's title, but I do not believe every day can have word play in its event title." Though he stoically shows no emotion, there's a bit of warmth or familiarity in his voice as he speaks to the Unicorn.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:35 pm

"If the lady wishes, so be it!" Yoshi continues down the line, offering a double pour to the Matsu.
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:50 pm

"This one is Kaito Oubaihime, Shrine Maiden of the Phoenix." The Kaito presented herself to the Generous Tortoise. "I hope Inari has blessed you today. Thank you once again for your offering."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:06 am

"Let me propose a toast," the Stone Matsu said as Yoshi filled cups. "To the peace of this beautiful place. Let this always be reserved for happiness, never for war," he says warmly, smiling a little.

--------------
Lucky agenda roll:
D3, LE, agendas at Kasuga Yoshi. Courtesy Water for "Keep the Deer clan from committing military assistance to the Crane clan." Using VP. | TN: 2 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image Image Image
Total 3 points for agenda.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:16 am

Mitsuki joined the toast:

"To what's best in life: To crush your enemies, to see them fall at your feet — to take their horses and goods and hear the lamentation of their spouses!"

Silence.

"That's just a very old toast from the before time that subsisted as is until today. A fossil of speech. Just a custom without real meaning nowadays.

Don't think too hard about it. I've heard the most peaceful of courtiers boast it when drunk enough."

---

Gaijin Culture adversity: +1 Void point (perfectly mechanically useless with the reset)
All in jest shuji to soften the consequences
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:50 am

"KAMPAI!" She raised her plum wine glass.
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:32 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:16 am

"To what's best in life: To crush your enemies, to see them fall at your feet — to take their horses and goods and hear the lamentation of their spouses!"

Silence.
As the Unicorn goes on to explain/cover for her toast, the Lion makes a point of catching her eye and raising his cup again slightly. Perhaps it's the sake -- Mitsuki's or Ishioka's -- but the otherwise stone-faced man seems to give her a small grin as he's raising the cup toward her.
Description

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:04 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:16 am

Silence.

"That's just a very old toast from the before time that subsisted as is until today. A fossil of speech. Just a custom without real meaning nowadays.

Don't think too hard about it. I've heard the most peaceful of courtiers boast it when drunk enough."

---

Gaijin Culture adversity: +1 Void point (perfectly mechanically useless with the reset)
All in jest shuji to soften the consequences
"HA!" Yoshi cheers. "That's a toast I can grow to appreciate. Kill 'em, take their stuff?"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:19 pm

The girl finished her cup and stood up. "I shall get going now." She walked up to the

/exit unless stopped.
Smells like flowers

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:07 pm

Mitsuki, a bit slow on the draw due to the alcohol, eventually realized the Kaito had left... And her clouded mind just ignored her responsibility in it.

"Did you guys seriously make the shrine maiden flee? That's not nice of you. As a shaman apprentice, I'm basically a shrine maiden myself. Maybe I should also leave you alone in solidarity?"
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck