(D3, LM) Relaxing after a nice start to the day (Open)

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Shika Nesshin

Re: (D3, LM) Relaxing after a nice start to the day (Open)

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:42 pm

OOC Post, so as to make sure I get my rolls in before dayflip. Fluff incoming as responses allow.
Agenda roll, https://sakkaku.org/rolls/556, passed at 2Success symbol2Opportunity symbol2Strife symbol; spending Opps to eat Strife
Net gain 1 Agenda point, 0 Strife
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:29 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:01 am
"Oh?" he asks. "And what, er, 'other-than-well-intentioned' goings-on have you seen?"

The aspiring magistrate is emerging, here...
Bayushi glanced around the room, then leaned closer. "Well, there are certainly a few strung with so much tension they are bound to snap, sooner or later." His voice got even lower. "More particularly, there is also a young Ide magistrate who is entirely focused on collecting affections, and becomes quite belligerent when he is inevitably eclipsed by others in the samurai skills he has neglected. Such a man could easily become unhinged in the middle of a miai such as this, with all of the different competitions, no less."

Taking another drink, he nodded sagely at the Deer. "They'll end up calling him the 'Rampant Horn', one way or another."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:33 pm

Nesshin gives a snort of laughter.

"So much rampancy would be too much for so small a pocket as this place to bear," he notes. "But it is interesting that you mention a magistrate; I've something of an interest in that area of endeavor, myself. I'll keep an eye out for such a man; one never does know what will happen from poking about.

"Speaking of," Nesshin continues, taking a pull from his cup again, "any places you've thought to direct your sting, my Scorpion friend?"

He offers with a gesture to fill Mitsu's cup again.
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:08 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:33 pm
"Speaking of," Nesshin continues, taking a pull from his cup again, "any places you've thought to direct your sting, my Scorpion friend?"

He offers with a gesture to fill Mitsu's cup again.
"Thank you, my friend." Bayushi presented his cup gracefully.

With a flourish he tilted out his mask and brought the cup to his lips again, like it was the easiest thing in the world. With a satisfied noise he set it down again, looking off into the distance.

"There are some interesting samurai here, there is no doubt. My family would be quite satisfied with a political match; I can't disagree with that. However I don't think it to be mutually exclusive to finding a woman who could be a partner in my goals."

Bayushi turned back to Shika, tilting his head. "It's funny that you mention an interest the work of the magistrates, as well. I learned many good lessons from a Unicorn magistrate some years ago - not the Ide, mind you! - and you might say I am a practitioner of intuition and observer of motivations. A novice, certainly, but with more talent than some with official titles, of course. It's a fascinating study, don't you think?"

[Agenda push as well! - 2 opportunities used to show off with Void]
(D3, LM) Discussing Ide Tomeo in the bar - agenda push! | TN: 2 | Success: 5 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image Image Image
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:22 pm

"I do!" Nesshin avers, having topped off drinks. And I notice you didn't answer quite directly, he thinks.

"But what do your earned insights suggest to you?"

D11+, has a second fan.

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:10 am

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:22 pm
"I do!" Nesshin avers, having topped off drinks. And I notice you didn't answer quite directly, he thinks.

"But what do your earned insights suggest to you?"
"So far? I've met a couple samurai that are certainly not a match for me, some that it remains to be seen, and many yet that I haven't conversed with. We shall see - intuition tells me that the Scorpion needs to be patient and wait for the opportune moment to strike, eh?" Bayushi nodded to the Deer.

"And I see you have earned a favor," he observed, indicating Shika's belt.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:01 am

Nesshin glances down and smiles.

"Well, it's not a fan," he says, "but it's more than nothing, certainly."

He takes a drink. "Though a gentleman doesn't kiss and tell."

D11+, has a second fan.

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:02 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:01 am
He takes a drink. "Though a gentleman doesn't kiss and tell."
"There's only a couple of possibilities there, my friend - I will make sure not to challenge you for any of them, of course." Bayushi nodded respectfully.

"Do me a favor, though?" The Scorpion leaned in closer, pitching his voice so only Nesshin could hear. "A professional courtesy, perhaps? If there is anything that turns up which should be, investigated, please accept my assistance. I will do the same for you. It would be of benefit to both our positions, and working together with another clan would reflect even more highly on us."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:19 pm

"As duties allow," Nesshin says. "Your insights would be welcomed, of course, as much as can be offered in good faith.

"But I think," and here, his voice lowers, "Bayushi-san has something already in mind. If I know and can say, I shall, if you but tell me."

D11+, has a second fan.

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:24 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:19 pm
"As duties allow," Nesshin says. "Your insights would be welcomed, of course, as much as can be offered in good faith.

"But I think," and here, his voice lowers, "Bayushi-san has something already in mind. If I know and can say, I shall, if you but tell me."
"So far," Bayushi explained, "I have only cast a net. A glimmer of a possible lead, but I don't know what - or whom - it's about, yet."

Leaning back, he resumed a more normal tone. "I shall find out more, tonight. If the catch is good, perhaps we shall eat tomorrow." Bayushi nodded to the Deer, and took another drink of sake.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer