(D3, LM) Relaxing after a nice start to the day (Open)

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Bayushi Mitsu

(D3, LM) Relaxing after a nice start to the day (Open)

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:49 pm

Bayushi put the umbrella away upon entering the sake bar, and after settling himself properly ordered sake and a sampling of delectable, steaming food. "The rains bring fortune with them!" he commented to the staff. "I have a good feeling about today - let's celebrate!"
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Shika Nesshin

Re: (D3, LM) Relaxing after a nice start to the day (Open)

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:00 pm

Nesshin is already there--he does know the best way to get there, after all, being local--and he raises his cup to the Scorpion.

"To good days--may they be many and find us often!"
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:34 am

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:00 pm
Nesshin is already there--he does know the best way to get there, after all, being local--and he raises his cup to the Scorpion.

"To good days--may they be many and find us often!"
"Ah-ha! To you as well, my good Shika!" Bayushi downed his cup of sake, and then, with aplomb and agility, he swiped up sake bottle and cups in one hand, tray of food in the other, and transported everything over to Shika's table. "Bayushi Mitsu, my friend," he introduced himself with a respectful nod as he took a seat. "Has the good fortune found you this day as well?"
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:51 am

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:34 am
"Ah-ha! To you as well, my good Shika!" Bayushi downed his cup of sake, and then, with aplomb and agility, he swiped up sake bottle and cups in one hand, tray of food in the other, and transported everything over to Shika's table. "Bayushi Mitsu, my friend," he introduced himself with a respectful nod as he took a seat. "Has the good fortune found you this day as well?"
"Shika Nesshin!" comes the reply with a stand, a bow, a smile, and a prompt return to his seat. "And it has been a good day. How not? We have rain to wash the world and the promise of love in the air; who of good heart would not rejoice?"

It is clear, so very clear, that Nesshin has studied under Zang. So clear.
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:59 am

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:51 am
"Shika Nesshin!" comes the reply with a stand, a bow, a smile, and a prompt return to his seat. "And it has been a good day. How not? We have rain to wash the world and the promise of love in the air; who of good heart would not rejoice?"

It is clear, so very clear, that Nesshin has studied under Zang. So clear.
"Oh-ho!" Bayushi turned towards Shika, pointing a finger. "The 'Rampant Stag' himself!"

Bayushi froze, dark eyes glinting from behind the slits in his mask. "Ah...I hope I am not repeating something of ill-favor, Shika-san. No disrespect is meant."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:05 am

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:59 am
"Oh-ho!" Bayushi turned towards Shika, pointing a finger. "The 'Rampant Stag' himself!"

Bayushi froze, dark eyes glinting from behind the slits in his mask. "Ah...I hope I am not repeating something of ill-favor, Shika-san. No disrespect is meant."
"'Rampant Stag?'" Nesshin asks. "That's a new one on me--though I like to think I'm a stand-up guy. Certainly, I've been thought tall enough by more than one person, and it behooves a man to be erect when he goes about his business!"

He laughs and takes a pull from his drink. "No, if I'm getting sobriqueted, I'm clearly drawing eyes--and that's no bad thing in a miai. But where'd you get the term, if I might ask?"

D11+, has a second fan.

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:17 am

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:05 am
"'Rampant Stag?'" Nesshin asks. "That's a new one on me--though I like to think I'm a stand-up guy. Certainly, I've been thought tall enough by more than one person, and it behooves a man to be erect when he goes about his business!"

He laughs and takes a pull from his drink. "No, if I'm getting sobriqueted, I'm clearly drawing eyes--and that's no bad thing in a miai. But where'd you get the term, if I might ask?"
Bayushi shared his laugh. "You are a master of the pun as well, I see!" Bayushi poured more sake for them. "I overheard a pair of the gate guards talking when I went out yesterday. Something about samurai coming back through the gate after a night out in the woods?"
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:31 pm

"I studied alongside them," Neshin says, "and you know how old friends will go on. It's true I come in from the bush often enough, but my duties often have me surveying the wood, ensuring that things don't creep about as shouldn't.

"No, last night, I was in."

D11+, has a second fan.

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:33 am

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:31 pm
"I studied alongside them," Neshin says, "and you know how old friends will go on. It's true I come in from the bush often enough, but my duties often have me surveying the wood, ensuring that things don't creep about as shouldn't.

"No, last night, I was in."
"I'm not sure how they could even tell one samurai from another," Bayushi supplied helpfully, "with all those here for the miai sneaking about in the dark. And here I thought I would be missing the orderly chaos of the capital, but there's quite a colorful collection in attendance, from Cranes to Lions and all in between." The Scorpion pried out the bottom edge of his mask and slipped the sake cup behind for a hefty draught. "Not all of them well-intentioned mind you," he added, placing the cup back down, "but a pleasant lot on the whole, certainly." He nodded in self-agreement.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:01 am

Nesshin sets his cup down.

"Oh?" he asks. "And what, er, 'other-than-well-intentioned' goings-on have you seen?"

The aspiring magistrate is emerging, here...

D11+, has a second fan.