(D2, LM) An early...lunch? (Open)

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Bayushi Mitsu

(D2, LM) An early...lunch? (Open)

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:08 am

With flair Bayushi Mitsu seated himself at the table, awaiting the feast that was soon brought before him: a garnishment of snackable and appetizing food, and plenty of sake. A deep breath eased his shoulders, and he began to pour with ceremony.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Ide Tomeo

Re: (D2, LM) An early...lunch? (Open)

Post by Ide Tomeo » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:22 pm

A loud tsk behind Mitsu shatters the calm.

"Dining alone, Bayushi-san? Don't tell me that everyone at the miai has already seen through you so-called charm. That must be a record, even for someone as unlikeable as yourself." Ide Tomeo sneered.
Unicorn Clan * Magistrate * Miai Candidate

"Look why don't we discuss what you saw over tea in my private quarfters? Away from all these...distractions."

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:21 pm

Ide Tomeo wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:22 pm
A loud tsk behind Mitsu shatters the calm.

"Dining alone, Bayushi-san? Don't tell me that everyone at the miai has already seen through you so-called charm. That must be a record, even for someone as unlikeable as yourself." Ide Tomeo sneered.
"Ah!" With a jump Bayushi knocked his knee against the table, nearly spilling sake everywhere but somehow managing to catch the bottle before it toppled, gripping the edge of the table for dear life with his other hand. "What the..." he cursed, setting down the bottle to rub his knee, turning about to see the samurai behind him. "Ide-san?! What are you doing here?!"

Trying to remain calm! | TN: 2 | Success: 0 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
[can the opportunity be used to increase the TN of Ide's next social check?; disadvantage triggered to gain 1 void point]

Any expression was hidden behind Bayushi's mask, but his body language was completely dissembled. After a beat he shook himself and surged to his feet. "Although, why wouldn't you be here? You always did spend most of your time in pursuit of the next pretty face."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Sat Aug 07, 2021 4:18 am

[I'd like to throw an agenda push at him as well - just putting the roll here for now since the day is coming to a close. Ide-san is assumingly unconvinced but we're making a scene anyway so Bayushi may as well describe how much better he is than Ide-san at intuiting others' motivations]

(D2, LM) Agenda push at Ide Tomeo | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer

Ide Tomeo

Post by Ide Tomeo » Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:32 pm

(Yup, agenda push is totally fine.)

"My goodness, Bayushi-san, I thought you were supposed to be a perceptive magistrate? But I suppose I can help you out one more time. I'm here for the miai." he said with smarm not normally seen outside of bad plays.

He gave an oily oily smile.

"I'm sure to the GREAT relief to any who thought they might have to settle for you."

"Look why don't we discuss what you saw over tea in my private quarfters? Away from all these...distractions."

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:42 am

Ide Tomeo wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:32 pm
"My goodness, Bayushi-san, I thought you were supposed to be a perceptive magistrate? But I suppose I can help you out one more time. I'm here for the miai." he said with smarm not normally seen outside of bad plays.

He gave an oily oily smile.

"I'm sure to the GREAT relief to any who thought they might have to settle for you."
"Help me? Ide-san has perhaps confused how to write 'help' with how to write 'blame'. Yes, yes, blame me for all of your troubles. I'm sure you'll blame me as well when you fail to find your desired match here at the miai." Bayushi shook his head and sat back down at the table, as much as one could sit in an aggressive manner. He waved at the seat across from him. "Well?! Will you drink?!"

Edit: fixed a typo
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer

Ide Tomeo

Post by Ide Tomeo » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:54 am

Tomoe sneered.

"There's that famous Bayushi charm. The available samurai must be throwing themselves at your feet with those sorts of lines."

He set down a small pack.

"But it would be discourteous to refuse you, so I accept. Allow me the honor of pouring." he said.

He sat down, and liberated a small bottle and two cups from the pack, before pouring out two cups of kumis.

"Can't get this so far away from the lands of the Unicorn, I'm sure you've been craving it." he offered.

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:03 am

Ide Tomeo wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:54 am
He sat down, and liberated a small bottle and two cups from the pack, before pouring out two cups of kumis.

"Can't get this so far away from the lands of the Unicorn, I'm sure you've been craving it." he offered.
With an appraising noise, the Scorpion glanced between the Unicorn and the cups on the table, and back again.

"It has been a while." Reaching out, Bayushi picked up one of the cups and raised it to his lips, carefully lifting out the edge of his mask so he could drink appraisingly. With a small laugh, he took a longer drink.

"It's quite good. I can only imagine the expression of most of the samurai here at just a small taste!" With a wave he called for the proprietor to bring more food, and then poured out some sake for his contentious companion.

"So just what kind of match are you seeking from the Deer, Ide-san? I would have thought you had your pick among Unicorn lands, from among your clan or visitors alike."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer

Ide Tomeo

Post by Ide Tomeo » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:02 am

Tomeo smirked at that.

"And why should I not have my pick of the ladies among the most renowned Deer? They even invited YOU of all people after all. I'm sure they wanted some samurai of quality to balance that clerical error out." he said.

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:17 am

Ide Tomeo wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:02 am
"And why should I not have my pick of the ladies among the most renowned Deer? They even invited YOU of all people after all. I'm sure they wanted some samurai of quality to balance that clerical error out." he said.
"I am only curious what was so intriguing it brought you all the way here - or should I say whom?" Bayushi finished off the kumis and chased it with a bite of food. "There are plenty of samurai here that I'm sure would be too charmed by the cut of Ide-san's kimono to recognize his rampant vapidity. These ones would not appreciate my qualities regardless." Lifting up his sake cup in toast, the Scorpion downed the contents.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer