D0EE, Happy Hour (Open)

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Shika Nesshin

Re: D0EE, Happy Hour (Open)

Post by Shika Nesshin » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:45 pm

"From what I'm told of geography," Nesshin replies, "it's a cold station. I can imagine you'd be happy to rotate out."

He takes a bite of the food he'd been served, chews and swallows. Washing it down with another pull from his drink, he asks "So, what was the most recent post for you?"
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:47 pm

Hikimasu finished his drink and thought about claiming another, he decided he would. He needed to summon up serious courage for later that night. So he walked forward and tried to catch the attention of a servant, who gave him an extremely fake look of pleasantness, assuring him he'd be helped after some other customer who she wasn't anywhere near.

Accustomed to the treatment, he decided there was another way to get what he was after and approached Shika Nesshin and his new companion.

"Good evening, Shika-san", he said with a small bow, which he also offered across to the other table where Kiyonobu sat. "I hate to intrude, but I figure I can share a bottle with you and your company in exchange for my rudeness."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:56 pm

Nesshin blinks once, then smiles and nods. "Shosuro-san!" he says, "please, join me and," gesturing, "Kitsuki Kiyonobu here--and tell me, how has the reading gone?"
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Kitsuki Kiyonobu

Post by Kitsuki Kiyonobu » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:45 am

The Dragon gave the Scorpion a wary look as he approached, but offered him a seated bow as introductions were made. "Welcome," he said. "I am Kitsuki Kiyonobu, as Shika-san has said. I'm pleased to meet you."
Dragon Clan ◆ Bushi ◆ Courtier ◆ Yoriki
Average Great Clan samurai ◆ Reputable ◆ Honor is the ideal
carries: jian, wakizashi, calligraphy set
he stares too much ◆ a green tassel with decorative knots hangs from his sword pommel

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:17 pm

"Shosuro Hikimasu", he replied to the Dragon, then took a seat at the Shika's table. "Thank you both, let me handle the next round of drinks."

After getting settled he gestures openly. "So what is our topic? I'll try to spare you a debate and just enjoy myself."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Kitsuki Kiyonobu

Post by Kitsuki Kiyonobu » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:44 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:17 pm
After getting settled he gestures openly. "So what is our topic? I'll try to spare you a debate and just enjoy myself."
"Guardsman Shika mentioned that you were reading something," the Dragon offered. "What were you reading about?"
he stares too much ◆ a green tassel with decorative knots hangs from his sword pommel

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:48 pm

"Oh, fiction. It's called That Room Will Go On Without Them.", he said. "Seems to be a love triangle between some artists who made a storage room into their studio so far. The language is very good, the story is simple so far, but I think the author intended that, the dialogue seems the strongest suit and they use it to play with your emotions. Not bad for a pillow book."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:49 pm

"I'll have to look into it, then," Nesshin replies. "You didn't happen to note the author, did you?"

D11+, has a second fan.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:55 pm

"Yaritama", he said. "Not familiar with the author name, but I'm sensing some Kakita Yuta influence, though they mostly do poetry and the focus isn't on the kanji. Though its some of the phrasing they use and a character is described much like one of their poems, using a lot of winter imagery."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Kitsuki Kiyonobu

Post by Kitsuki Kiyonobu » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:35 pm

"Yaritama, eh?" Kiyonobu mused. "I'm not familiar with this writer. May I ask where you got your copy? Based on your recommendation, I might like to read That Room Will Go On Without Them myself."