D0EE, Happy Hour (Open)

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Shika Nesshin

Re: D0EE, Happy Hour (Open)

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:45 pm

"There's always at least one Deer in a Shika miai," Nesshin replies. "Have to show confidence in our own services, after all--and it's high time I wed, certainly."

He takes a pull from his drink. "Which style did you order?" he asks.
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:48 pm

Dinner time. Hikimasu had a full day, and no rest. Though he knew he couldn't sleep quite yet, so he needed to go easy on the sake.

Hopefully.

Maybe he'd go see Yudaina after this.

Dressed properly, he walked into the sake house alone, checked his blades so he wouldn't cause any concern from the servants and then went to find himself somewhere to sit. The place seemed lively, not like he was there for that sort of thing, but at least maybe here he wouldn't look like a target for conversation.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kitsuki Kiyonobu

Post by Kitsuki Kiyonobu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:53 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:45 pm
"There's always at least one Deer in a Shika miai," Nesshin replies. "Have to show confidence in our own services, after all--and it's high time I wed, certainly."

He takes a pull from his drink.
The Dragon nodded. "Indeed," he agreed. " 'High time' is much the reason I have come, as well. I hope the matchmakers are equal to their reputation and are able to secure matches for us both." He raised his sake cup as well.
"Which style did you order?" he asks.
"A local brew, I believe," Kiyonobu replied. "The flavor has a hint of apples."
Dragon Clan ◆ Bushi ◆ Courtier ◆ Yoriki
Average Great Clan samurai ◆ Reputable ◆ Honor is the ideal
carries: jian, wakizashi, calligraphy set
he stares too much ◆ a green tassel with decorative knots hangs from his sword pommel

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:09 pm

Kitsuki Kiyonobu wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:53 pm
"A local brew, I believe," Kiyonobu replied. "The flavor has a hint of apples."
"I've no doubt of their skills," Nesshin says, then adds, "Apples, eh? Orchard's Pride, then; I remember the market buzzing about the shipment coming in."

Nesshin marks the entrance of the Shosuro. Is he following me? he thinks. Not likley...but possible. Still, he's off watch, and the Shosuro's not misbehaving, so nothing need be done at the moment.
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Kitsuki Kiyonobu

Post by Kitsuki Kiyonobu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:16 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:09 pm
"I've no doubt of their skills," Nesshin says, then adds, "Apples, eh? Orchard's Pride, then; I remember the market buzzing about the shipment coming in."
"Not local, then?" Kiyonobu inquired. "Where is it shipped from?"
Shika Nesshin wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:09 pm
Nesshin marks the entrance of the Shosuro. Is he following me? he thinks. Not likley...but possible.
The Kitsuki noted Nesshin's cautious glance at the arriving Scorpion. A look of curiosity crossed Kiyonobu's face, but he did not comment.
he stares too much ◆ a green tassel with decorative knots hangs from his sword pommel

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:20 pm

Kitsuki Kiyonobu wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:16 pm
"Not local, then?" Kiyonobu inquired. "Where is it shipped from?"
"South, I think," Nesshin replies. "Admittedly, I didn't inquire too closely. It had the customs stamps and all that, and I figured I'd get to taste it soon enough."

D11+, has a second fan.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:15 pm

Hikimasu, for his part, wasn't bothering the Shika or Kitsuki. He hadn't even taken a seat, instead he got a drink and posted up on a wall, seemingly people watching.

But then, he had creepy eyes.

And he was obviously a Scorpion.

So people noted it. >.>
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Kitsuki Kiyonobu

Post by Kitsuki Kiyonobu » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:22 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:20 pm
"South, I think," Nesshin replies. "Admittedly, I didn't inquire too closely. It had the customs stamps and all that, and I figured I'd get to taste it soon enough."
"It's not bad at all," Kiyonobu opined. "If you like that sort of thing. Custom stamps, eh? Are you involved in inspecting trade goods and commercial interests, then?"
Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:15 pm
Hikimasu, for his part, wasn't bothering the Shika or Kitsuki. He hadn't even taken a seat, instead he got a drink and posted up on a wall, seemingly people watching.
Although the Dragon didn't comment on the Scorpion's behavior, his eyes did occasionally flicker to give a curious glance over at where Hikimasu had stationed himself.

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:26 pm

Kitsuki Kiyonobu wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:22 pm
"It's not bad at all," Kiyonobu opined. "If you like that sort of thing. Custom stamps, eh? Are you involved in inspecting trade goods and commercial interests, then?"
"I have been," Nesshin replies. "Wasn't a long-term station, but I've been rotated through that. A lot of us are, at least early on. Helps Katsuteru-sama determine who will do best in what position over time, and allows for coverage if something happens."

He takes a pull from his own drink. "Injuries, illnesses, successful marriages that make for reassignments: all pull people away from what had been their work, but the watches still have to be stood."

D11+, has a second fan.

Kitsuki Kiyonobu

Post by Kitsuki Kiyonobu » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:40 pm

"I understand," Kiyonobu said, nodding. "I served a few seasons at checkpoints on the road leading up to Shiro Mirumoto, myself. It's necessary work, though I'm not sorry to have moved on from that post."