(D0, LE) Five for the Road

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Seppun Unsei

Re: (D0, LE) Five for the Road

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:59 am

Unsei clapped their hands at the various introductions, pleased either way with how they turned out. "Wonderful! All pretty good, though not as good as my cousins, of course." They glanced over at Luixian and smiled sweetly before looking back to the group.

Then they looked over to Mitsu and arched a brow. "Eh? Oh, yeah." Unsei looked a bit confused. No one had ever called their presence hallowed before, so it was certainly confusing times for them. "Are you looking for a shugenja for something?"
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:11 am

Koi sat with her hands on her lap, having survived the ordeal of introducing herself with absolutely no acknowledgement which was both good and bad she supposed. She accepted a sake cup with grace, and held it in her hand before giving it a small sniff to enjoy the aroma of the sake before partaking in a drink.

The Moth sat, watched, learning what she could vaguely gathered from the situation. Right, the Seppun is an narcissistic whelp but that doesn't seem much of a surprise, but they seem to be bouncing of Luixian like it was some sort of sport between them. She enjoyed the sake, and was curious about the Bayushi calling out someone being a shugenja and that left very little room for her to remain quiet still she waited for a spell not quite throwing it out there waiting for the reply from the Bayushi at the Seppun.

Yes, Bayushi why are you so curious about shugenjas, hm? She thought curiously, cautiously waiting.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:30 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:59 am
Then they looked over to Mitsu and arched a brow. "Eh? Oh, yeah." Unsei looked a bit confused. No one had ever called their presence hallowed before, so it was certainly confusing times for them. "Are you looking for a shugenja for something?"
"Only to pay my respects," he answered. "The spirit world is not to be trifled with; shugenja intercede on our behalf. I find it commendable."

With a smooth, confident motion he took up his sake cup and, tilting out the bottom edge of his mask with the other hand, took a quick drink. The mask was settled back in the space of a breath, and the half-full cup placed back on the table just as quickly. "Bayushi-san alluded to such a service to the Emperor, did she not?"
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:51 am

Bayushi Luixian wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:12 pm
"Huh. Alright then." She replied casually to the Otter. "I'd say something more about the school but I've little doubt that you already get enough jabs about how the heiress chooses to protect herself with someone taught in the ways not of the Otter." When she said that it was in a neutral tone one meant to help convey that she wasn't pointing it out to start a fight. Only that she found it a bit odd.
Tanabe smiled with a confident, though some might call it cocky, smile "Plenty try to throw jabs but can word hurt when I can back up my position with skill? More than one challenged me and ended up taking a river bath to cool off." He spoke with a smile and friendly tone but it also seemed sincere, lacking boastful pride.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:47 am

Koi found that she had lost the desire to drink as she sat there, the third glass of sake was enough to really drive the desire home as she looked into the bottom of her glass. She had travelled a long way on foot, and events of the day have honestly knocked her on her ass just sitting here trying to be social was just too taxing.

"Uh, Gomen the sake has perhaps hit me too quickly after a long trip, this one is going to excuse herself." She said, rising and bowing politely.

Not like they knew she existed anyway She thought, and headed back towards her room.

/exit
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:36 pm

"Might want to go chase her, Bayushi-san. She said she was a weaver of dreams but then decided to not answer you when you asked about shugenja." They sighed a bit dramatically. "Thought she was going to join the conversation more, and your question was certainly the way to do it, but I guess she didn't find our company pleasing enough or you worth answering."

I'll have to make sure that one isn't even close to any list of potential spouses for me. Too much of an ego.

If there were any cups that needed to be refilled, Unsei did so smoothly before answering the rest of Mitsu's question. "I have worked closely with the guard, as many Astrologers do. During my time there, which I'll be going back to when I get married, I had helped out some."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:31 am

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:51 am
Tanabe smiled with a confident, though some might call it cocky, smile "Plenty try to throw jabs but can word hurt when I can back up my position with skill? More than one challenged me and ended up taking a river bath to cool off." He spoke with a smile and friendly tone but it also seemed sincere, lacking boastful pride.
She found her question still a bit unanswered but didn't go to push it further though she certainly hid it away for later if there were ever a need for it. "Throwing them into the river is certainly one way of doing it. A way I enjoy quite a bit. Rarely any rivers where I tended to stay though." A pause. "And if the ones thrown don't know how to swim? It's not a common skill."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:43 am

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:36 pm
If there were any cups that needed to be refilled, Unsei did so smoothly before answering the rest of Mitsu's question. "I have worked closely with the guard, as many Astrologers do. During my time there, which I'll be going back to when I get married, I had helped out some."
"I appreciate the inscrutability of your answer," he applauded, raising his cup artfully, "as I appreciate your service to the Empire and your sense of things beyond natural ken. A toast - to the Emperor, to you, to all of us here, and to helping out."

The dark-masked Scorpion threw back the rest of his drink in another fluid movement, and settled the cup again upon the table. "I am at your service whenever I may be of help."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:10 am

Bayushi Luixian wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:31 am
She found her question still a bit unanswered but didn't go to push it further though she certainly hid it away for later if there were ever a need for it. "Throwing them into the river is certainly one way of doing it. A way I enjoy quite a bit. Rarely any rivers where I tended to stay though." A pause. "And if the ones thrown don't know how to swim? It's not a common skill."
If Tanabe thought anything strange about the situation he certainly didn't show it. He sat happily sipping sake and chuckled at the Bayushi's words "Well if they couldn't swim they'd make poor Otters to begin with. We live most of our lives on the river, it's been said some of us learn to swim before we learn to walk!" He said with a laugh "Plus the Badger often used their technique to throw intruders off their mountains, at least the river gives them a chance of survival." He said grinning
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:31 pm

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:43 am
"I appreciate the inscrutability of your answer," he applauded, raising his cup artfully, "as I appreciate your service to the Empire and your sense of things beyond natural ken. A toast - to the Emperor, to you, to all of us here, and to helping out."

The dark-masked Scorpion threw back the rest of his drink in another fluid movement, and settled the cup again upon the table. "I am at your service whenever I may be of help."
Unsei toasted along with him, knocking the drink back and setting the cup on the table. After that, they pondered Mitsu's words for a moment. Then like they were some play villain, the Seppun leaned forward, twirling a mustache that wasn't there.

"Oh hoho, isn't that a dangerous thing to offer, Bayushi-san? After all, we barely know each other, but then offering to be at my service whenever you can be of help? I could be some terrible person that will use this power for terrible deeds!"