(D0, LE) Five for the Road

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Bayushi Luixian

Re: (D0, LE) Five for the Road

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:42 pm

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:23 am
Tanabe sat back with a wide grin as everyone was introduced, he looked over the small Imperial and the large Scorpion that he wasn't quite yet convinced wasn't a Crab "You do your drinking companions great honor Bayushi-sama but you are so humble regarding yourself, very intriguing indeed!" His voice was deep and rich with a slight roughness to it from shouting directions on a ship.

He clapped his hands and rubbed them together "Well I don't have an Ikoma, dressed like a Scorpion, built like a Crab to introduce me." He said with a teasing grin to Luixian "but! I am Susaki Tanabe, The River's Fury, Grappler of man and demon alike. Trained by the Badger in the sacred art of sumai and Yojimbo to the heiress of the Usogawa family herself!" He declared dramatically and gave the group a wide grin "How did I do?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.
She snorted. "Someone at this table has to be humble and it's certainly not going to be Seppun-san over here. So, might as well take that duty onto myself. Saves me from having to think too hard on my past accomplishments too." With that said she downed a cup of sake while listening to his own introduction. "Bit odd eh. Trained by the Badger. The Otter don't have bushi of their own? Not well versed in the intricacies of the minor clans so I genuinely don't know." She clapped her hands together. "But! Was a good introduction. Certainly put mine to shame."

When two others joined in, Luixian sat back and lapsed into silence. An old habit she picked up from her clan. Watching. Listening to see what she could learn before returning to her more boisterous self.

"Looks like our little table is growing. Will need to order more sake if everyone's so thirsty." She lifted a hand and motioned for the waitress to bring three more bottles to the table along with the onigiri she had ordered before. "Hah." She snorted. Amused at a thought. "The sake will help the physical thirst for a moment. Any thirst more than that is out of my hands to help." The sake bottles and a few cups for those who needed them were set at the table in the center and a platter of stuffed onigiri was set in front of the mutt who wasted no time in tearing into them as if she hadn't eaten in some days.

"Guess I'll introduce everyone again." She said. Mouth still full. "I'm Bayushi Luixian, a mutt. That's Seppun Unsei-san, an Astrologer with their head in the clouds that has protected the Emperor from a supernatural threat once before. Over there is Yasuki Jin-san, a voracious drinker able to drink anyone under the table. Then that's Susaki Tanabe-san with arms as thick and sturdy as logs, the yojimbo to the an important heiress in his clan. And that's all I got. Don't know the rest of you."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:35 am

Another fully-masked Scorpion stood from the table just behind and turned around, giving them all a nod.

"Pardon me, Bayushi-san, but that was a most intriguing introduction." The second Scorpion introduced himself in turn, simply. "It appears I've chosen the wrong table. Let me join you for some conversation, and I'll pay for the next round," he offered pleasantly, sweeping his impassive visage across all of those present. He waved for the staff to come pull the tables together.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:52 am

Oh fuck, an actual Scorpion. Koi found herself thinking repeatedly. "Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck...Great Kami of air make me invisible, bend my image so I am just a fucking shrubbery that has the ability to drink sake and is largely ignored like the filthy minor clan that I am... She sat perfectly still and would accept any sake given to her hoping that it would fortify her constitution to dealing with the hand that she had been dealt.

The things I have to do to ensure I am not cast out of my family. She thought as she sipped her cup and staring into space for a moment. Mother, I hope you choke on rice.. Placing her cup down, she held her left hand tightly as she felt anxiety flare up but the sake's burn held calm that down for a brief moment.

I wish I had just taken that bath... She thought, and collected herself smiling lightly as the group seemed to mingle well.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:29 pm

"Well, this party has grown wildly in size in the past two minutes. It must be my greatness attracting all around." They nodded confidently like that was totally why everyone wanted to join the table and not at all because of the giant Oni-masked Scorpion that was sitting beside them that has been getting all the attention. Or the drinks. It could've also been because of the drinks, but Unsei knew they were better than drinks.

"Well, the new people are going to have to give better introductions for themselves, too. Cousin here has already given us four some good introductions to make us sound cooler than we are, and now the other three have to do so as well. Think of it like an opening statement for any meeting. You've got to make it good to pull everyone in. Also, I want to learn more about you without having to stick my head outside and look at the stars.. as much as I love the stars. I really do love them, but the alcohol is in here. Not out there."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:34 pm

Balls. Koi thought, and would wait for the others to speak.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:51 pm

The dark colored mask tilted slightly. "I am not one who could hope to drink like Yasuki-san or could be able to shift the mighty Susaki-san, but I try to help others where I can." He sat and in smooth movements began graciously pouring fresh sake for any who were without a full cup.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:24 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:34 pm
It took them a moment to speak, too busy chasing some thoughts away with a broom.

"Really? Must mean you're rather powerful, and decently important too, huh? Though, also yes. Bayushi-san's words were correct. I am as great as she made me sound." Imperial with an ego. Who would've guessed it. "And I have little doubt that you are as amazing as you made yourself sound. Say, would you care for some sake? Also to pick on the Scorpion. She's rude and you're about her size so it should work out in the end."
Susaki laughed boosterously at the Imperials comment "Well powerful is correct! These muscles aren't just for show!" He exclaimed as he pulled his sleeve up to show a thick arm excellently muscled. The kind of muscle one gets from long hard manual labor rather than work outs focusing on glamor. "But important? I'm not too sure about that one, just an overgrown river dog with a gift for combat!" He said taking a drink.
Bayushi Luixian wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:42 pm
She snorted. "Someone at this table has to be humble and it's certainly not going to be Seppun-san over here. So, might as well take that duty onto myself. Saves me from having to think too hard on my past accomplishments too." With that said she downed a cup of sake while listening to his own introduction. "Bit odd eh. Trained by the Badger. The Otter don't have bushi of their own? Not well versed in the intricacies of the minor clans so I genuinely don't know." She clapped her hands together. "But! Was a good introduction. Certainly put mine to shame."
He then turned to the woman that matched him in size "Well the Susaki have a bushi school. They teach people to fight in the water. I was offered a place at the Badger Sumai school cause they thought I had potiential. So far they were right! I've yet to be defeated in an official match!" Tanabe exclaimed.

The table was filling up fast, some might say it had already been full but he gave each newcomer a big friendly smile and the other Otter got a nod in greeting but he now sat back and let others introduce themselves.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:32 pm

Koi sat at the table feeling her mind reel with what to do or say, she had already finished a cup of sake or two out of nerves before thinking in her head. Fuck it. I call this one out to you, Natsu Togamaru!

Koi sat up with the pose, passion and enthusiasm of a talented kabuki actor smiling the whole way. "I am Kaikoga Koi, an actress and a weaver of dreams that are lost to Yume-do and the studier of Baku spirits!" With the broad motion of an arm, still imitating an actor of the kabuki theatre. "I have slain many fish holes in my career upon the road to Kyuden Shika and I have etched my catches of legendary proportions into wood so I may remember them for years to come."

She clearly was trying to be funny, and play to the mood of jovial and lightheartedness before settling to a calm and expressionless face.

"My totally collection was stolen upon me upon waking by a tricky baku spirit who must have believed it was it's wife and children - who am I to break up true love?" She shrugged and sipped at her sake blushing hoping for the laughter to kick in soon.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:12 pm

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:24 pm
He then turned to the woman that matched him in size "Well the Susaki have a bushi school. They teach people to fight in the water. I was offered a place at the Badger Sumai school cause they thought I had potential. So far they were right! I've yet to be defeated in an official match!" Tanabe exclaimed.

The table was filling up fast, some might say it had already been full but he gave each newcomer a big friendly smile and the other Otter got a nod in greeting but he now sat back and let others introduce themselves.

"Huh. Alright then." She replied casually to the Otter. "I'd say something more about the school but I've little doubt that you already get enough jabs about how the heiress chooses to protect herself with someone taught in the ways not of the Otter." When she said that it was in a neutral tone one meant to help convey that she wasn't pointing it out to start a fight. Only that she found it a bit odd.

The three-eyed gaze of her mask shifted to the others at the table. Looking them all over in turn before she took another drink of her sake with a carefully practiced motion to make sure her mask wasn't shifted any.

"Interesting introductions. Some a little better than others though. If one was to judge them."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:57 am

"Every painter uses their own brush, Bayushi-san," the fellow Scorpion conceded. He arranged the sake bottle and cups just so, placing a full cup carefully in front of himself. One hand resting back by his hip, the other reached forward as if to take the cup before freezing in place.

"It seems there are many supernatural connections here," he observed, looking slowly from Seppun to Kaikoga and back again, dark eyes just glinting behind the mask. "Are we in the hallowed presence of shugenja?" The tone was one of interest, though friendly enough.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer