(D0, LE) Five for the Road

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Bayushi Luixian

Re: (D0, LE) Five for the Road

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:04 am

"Onigiri? Doesn't sound bad right now." She looked to the server. "Actually. Four onigiri if you don't mind." After making her order the mask covered face looked back to the drunk Crab.

"Could've left it at drinks are better and you would've been completely right. Together is fun and all but drinks by itself works just as well as anything."

"Anyway cousin if I am lying then why don't you tell Yasuki-san here what you were going to say after that? The totally original comment."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:20 am

A fairly massive Otter walked into the sake bar looking around gauging the place and the clientele. Tanabe hadnt yet met a sake house that wasn't at least a little bit of a good time.

His long wavy brown hair was tied back though a few strands escaped their confinement to come over his face. He wore simple garments that were sturdy but certainly not fancy with Otter mon on the chest.

The big man found a chair and sat at a table getting a bottle of Sake and leaning back a little to relax from the journey.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:18 am

A look of pure bewilderment was plastered all over Unsei's face.

The nerve!

"Pfh. I don't have time for your silly games, Scorpion scoundrel, but because I am feeling merciful today, what I was going to ask Yasuki-san next was what kind of parchment or brushes that he would use to write this guide. Anything about me requires the best of the best."

Then the completely turned to look at the other giant what had walked in. "Hey! You! Why don't you come over here and join us. I'm absolutely positive that the big mutt over here would love the company of another large person that she can pick on. One who's her own size, instead of being rude to her superiors... and those smaller than her."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:33 am

Tanabe had been finishing a cup of Sake when he heard the small Imperial yelling, something about a mutt and picking on. Tanabe shrugged lifting his massive bulk from the chair. When Imperials called it was usually a good idea to listen unless you had good reason.

Tanabe approached observing the fairly drunken Crab, the small Imperial and the Crab sized scorpion he gave them a bow "good evening mina-sama, you can call me Susaki Tanabe, or just Tanabe makes no real difference to me." He said with a shrug and a friendly smile as he sat at the table

"so what is this about someone picking on someone their own size?" He asked his expression showing clear amusement at the display.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:00 am

"That's oxshit and you know it, Unsei-san. Also you aren't my superior." She leaned down and whispered in their ear.

"I don't need to remind you that I am ever so slightly higher than you on the food chain. But don't get your panties in a twist. I'll help find a better companion for you tonight than the drunk Crab would've ever been. He smells like a pig and let's be honest, drunken sex is rarely any good for any of the participants. Start off your trip in Kyuden Shika with a proper fuck. Maybe the Otter, eh?"

She leaned away from the Seppun and let her masked gaze fall on the Otter.

"That sounds like Unsei-san's way of saying that I need to start picking on you rather than them but first let me introduce everyone. I am Bayushi Luixian -of a long and boring line that spans across half of Rokugan. This here is Seppun Unsei -Mighty Astrologer who has an innate sixth sense which helped them to locate a dangerous supernatural creature attempting to infiltrate the Emperor's palace. Over there is Yasuki Jin -A man renowned for his ability to drink even the strongest Crab under the table and still remember everything in fuzzy detail the next day."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:23 am

Tanabe sat back with a wide grin as everyone was introduced, he looked over the small Imperial and the large Scorpion that he wasn't quite yet convinced wasn't a Crab "You do your drinking companions great honor Bayushi-sama but you are so humble regarding yourself, very intriguing indeed!" His voice was deep and rich with a slight roughness to it from shouting directions on a ship.

He clapped his hands and rubbed them together "Well I don't have an Ikoma, dressed like a Scorpion, built like a Crab to introduce me." He said with a teasing grin to Luixian "but! I am Susaki Tanabe, The River's Fury, Grappler of man and demon alike. Trained by the Badger in the sacred art of sumai and Yojimbo to the heiress of the Usogawa family herself!" He declared dramatically and gave the group a wide grin "How did I do?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:42 am

Koi stepped into the sake bar with a blissful smile on her face as she entered building. Thank you Kami for the shade. She thought to herself, her body was tired from the day and fishing had been fun if not entirely underwhelming. The beautiful Moth had changed into a lighter kimono with a similar pattern of purple with silver moths and lilacs, lighter as in it was not designed for living high in the mountain and she was glad the Ronin helped her get a replacement during a few days they had in a city.

She had tied her hair looser to allow breeze to flow around her next which made her vitiligo appear more radiant against her youthful, and beautiful face. It was strange going from a tiny little village which everyone knows everyone to a castle filled with literally powers to just end your life for merely a whim but Koi wasn't a coward, as much as she wanted to sit in her room feet inclined as by the stars did her feet hurt she had to make appearances so perhaps some sake would help that.

At least if I am drunk I can't be in pain! She thought as her eyes scanned the Sake house, curious about the vibe within the premise before decided to wear to find a seat.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:34 pm

There was little doubt that it burned when reminded that they were technically ever slightly below a clanner, but the pain was soothed by the rest of the Mutt's words. Their honey-brown eyes flittered between Tanabe, Jin, Luixian, and around again before stopping finally on Luixian.

"You sly dog. So that's where the Scorpion comes in, huh? I knew you weren't just being an ass to be an ass, cousin... or at least not being much of an ass to just be one." They chuckled slightly, doubting very much that their words were true before they looked over to Tanabe.

Grappler of men, ey?

It took them a moment to speak, too busy chasing some thoughts away with a broom.

"Really? Must mean you're rather powerful, and decently important too, huh? Though, also yes. Bayushi-san's words were correct. I am as great as she made me sound." Imperial with an ego. Who would've guessed it. "And I have little doubt that you are as amazing as you made yourself sound. Say, would you care for some sake? Also to pick on the Scorpion. She's rude and you're about her size so it should work out in the end."

Unfortunately, their attention was so focused on the massive Otter at the moment that they hadn't noticed the Moth in the back.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:03 pm

Narumi dipped in as well, momentarily behind Koi, and took a moment or three to size up the interior of the sake house. Dressed in darker colours and a looser kimono, her hair down and loose around her shoulders. She spotted a cousin, and spotted an ally, and that was enough for her to be called to join them.
"Ohayo! Yasuki-sama, good man! You did not save me a seat!" Narumi's smile was growing wider, and she eyed the large Crab with ease before bowing to his companions, gaze lingering on the other Otter.
"Good evening! This one is Usogawa Narumi, and she is thirsty!" she let a chuckle spill forward, immediately joining the group. She makes eyes at the beautiful Moth and waves her over as well.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:30 pm

Koi found herself flabbergasted at the moment the Otter scurried by her ignoring her. Look bitch, I know I am a low cla- She went to thinking before catching herself surprised as she is waved over to join them which took her moment for her little moth brain to catch back up after about to probably do nothing about it but ooh was she going to think it!

Fear the mighty moth and all their negative thinking! She thought helping the playful smile she normally wore to reappear and spread across her face as she too joined them at the table. Her eyes skimmed across the group - a drunk Hida, a potentially egotistical Seppun, a Sumo Otter, a pretty otter and..and well the Bayushi.

Oh, I might pee a little I am so not suited for this conversation. Her inner voice screamed, largely throwing a protest whilst another more lewder voice whispered perverted things to Koi which got promptly ignored. Before it got to awkward, Koi made it appear like she was collecting her thoughts before speaking her jade eyes bright with curiosity. "This one is Kaikoga Koi, and I am to thirsty and have travelled from a very long distances away without saki." Her cadence of speech was slower than normal, allowing for drunken minds to keep up.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile