(D0, LE) Five for the Road

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Yasuki Jin

(D0, LE) Five for the Road

Post by Yasuki Jin » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:18 am

Laughter was not an uncommon sound in the sake house. After all, a samurai who was imbibing sake had a certain....degree of freedom not expected of those who were sober. At one of the corner tables, sat a balding Crab, the blush of sake full upon his cheecks.

"....No, really! An ox big as a house, Osano-Wo smite me if it wasn't! And so I says to him, I says....." the Crab rambled at his captive audience of the waitress who had brought him his drink. At least he wasn't grabby like some samurai were when they drank, but he was certainly a talker.
Crab Clan * Courtier* Miai Candidate

"Sake is the king of a thousand medicines!"

Seppun Unsei

Re: (D0, LE) Five for the Road

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:27 pm

As if the Fortunes had called out, doing their damnedest to help the waitress who was no doubt viciously praying for respite, the egotistical idiot arrived right on time. Having heard just a bit of the story, they wanted more. More and more like the greedy shit they were.

In a whirl of silks and stars, Unsei ungraciously sat down at the table with the Yasuki. "I'll be damned. As big as a house you say? But was it as big as a palace? Everybody knows that only ox as big as a palace are anything of note. They make the best noble steeds, I do say!" They said happily and with a wide smile, though they hadn't had a single drop yet. "And they're good omens to boot."
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Yasuki Jin

Post by Yasuki Jin » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:51 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:27 pm
As if the Fortunes had called out, doing their damnedest to help the waitress who was no doubt viciously praying for respite, the egotistical idiot arrived right on time. Having heard just a bit of the story, they wanted more. More and more like the greedy shit they were.

In a whirl of silks and stars, Unsei ungraciously sat down at the table with the Yasuki. "I'll be damned. As big as a house you say? But was it as big as a palace? Everybody knows that only ox as big as a palace are anything of note. They make the best noble steeds, I do say!" They said happily and with a wide smile, though they hadn't had a single drop yet. "And they're good omens to boot."
Gratefullly, the waitress made good her escape.

"Pffff, maybe in the lands far removed from the Wall, friend. Where the buildings and the people are as delicate as paper. No, this was the size of a Crab house, built like the men of the Crab! Tall! Sturdy! Like stone! "

He paused a moment to take a drink.

"After all, you heard what the Doji said on her wedding night to her Hida husband right?" he asked, with a large smile.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:14 pm

They arched a sleek eyebrow high underneath the brim of their veil-covered hat. That smile on their face went nowhere.

"I'd have an inkling of what she said, but this is a story about an ox, not a rooster. So then, what did she say, Crab-dan? I must admit, I'm very intrigued." They didn't comment about the houses, but they did motion for the waitress to bring another bottle of sake.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Yasuki Jin

Post by Yasuki Jin » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:45 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:14 pm
They arched a sleek eyebrow high underneath the brim of their veil-covered hat. That smile on their face went nowhere.

"I'd have an inkling of what she said, but this is a story about an ox, not a rooster. So then, what did she say, Crab-dan? I must admit, I'm very intrigued." They didn't comment about the houses, but they did motion for the waitress to bring another bottle of sake.
"You have brought a mighty ram to my humble garden gate, my husband. Please do not knock it off it's hinges." Jin says with a raucous laugh.

Sake arrives, and Jin pours the Seppun another cup. After all, they'd been drinking together for at least as long as he could remember.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:05 pm

Yasuki Jin wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:45 pm
"You have brought a mighty ram to my humble garden gate, my husband. Please do not knock it off it's hinges." Jin says with a raucous laugh.

Sake arrives, and Jin pours the Seppun another cup. After all, they'd been drinking together for at least as long as he could remember.
Unsei followed along with the laughter, very much enjoying the joke. "Too true on that one!" With the drink poured, Unsei swirled it around in front of them, but made no attempt to drink it yet. "Ah, but dear long-time friend, I've mistakenly misplaced your name in my head and can't remember it! I'm Seppun Unsei, and who might you be again?"

Yasuki Jin

Post by Yasuki Jin » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:24 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:05 pm

Unsei followed along with the laughter, very much enjoying the joke. "Too true on that one!" With the drink poured, Unsei swirled it around in front of them, but made no attempt to drink it yet. "Ah, but dear long-time friend, I've mistakenly misplaced your name in my head and can't remember it! I'm Seppun Unsei, and who might you be again?"
"Ah sake, sometimes you do too good a job. M'name's Yasuki Jin, Seppun-san. Here fer the miai n all." he says.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:26 pm

Yasuki Jin wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:24 pm

"Ah sake, sometimes you do too good a job. M'name's Yasuki Jin, Seppun-san. Here fer the miai n all." he says.
"Isn't that the truth..." They chuckled softly before taking a sip of the sake. "Well, a pleasure to meet you again, Yasuki-san. Seems we're both here for the same thing, too. Then again, I think everyone here is here for the same thing. Though, you think anything fun will happen here in the meantime?"

Yasuki Jin

Post by Yasuki Jin » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:30 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:26 pm
Yasuki Jin wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:24 pm

"Isn't that the truth..." They chuckled softly before taking a sip of the sake. "Well, a pleasure to meet you again, Yasuki-san. Seems we're both here for the same thing, too. Then again, I think everyone here is here for the same thing. Though, you think anything fun will happen here in the meantime?"
Jin gave that question the sort of serious consideration one did when weighed down by sake.

"Hmm, well, they''re gonna have plays over at the theater, but I've never heard of them. 'Ex-Hida', not sure I care for the sound of that one. And I'm sure theyre'll be like competitions of some sort. Can't gather this many samurai together without given 'em a chance to show off for one another, y'know?"

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:04 pm

"Ugh. Everyone does plays. Boring!" They proclaimed annoyingly. "And everyone does little tournaments." They added another strike to their 'Shika are ripoffs' tally which was conveniently a small slip of paper in their sleeve. "Sigh. Anyway. What, or I suppose who are you hoping to get married to here?"