[Day 14, Mid-Morning] I Fucking Knew It (Open)

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Kasuga Yoshi

Re: [Day 14, Mid-Morning] I Fucking Knew It (Open)

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:36 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:53 pm

"I have a family I don't speak to, a duty I've grown to hate, and a Crane-made back banner that pronounces to the world that 'I like to travel.'"

He picked up his empty sake cup and and raised it to her in a sort of salute.

"I also have superiors who gave me a heavy damn bronze prayer wheel honoring Benten to carry to an event that's more about Musubi, so, you know, if those brilliant theologians couldn't see where that was going to end up..."
Yoshi lets out a choking laugh as he tries to compose himself. "I can't promise that the Tortoise don't have their idiots either, but believe me when I say that we tend to embrace a certain pragmatism. Even if your reasons are personal, we would be fools to pass up a talented bushi and any sort of shugenja. I offer my personal pledge to help the transition, if you so choose to take my suggestion. "
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:42 pm

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:36 pm
Yoshi lets out a choking laugh as he tries to compose himself. "I can't promise that the Tortoise don't have their idiots either, but believe me when I say that we tend to embrace a certain pragmatism. Even if your reasons are personal, we would be fools to pass up a talented bushi and any sort of shugenja. I offer my personal pledge to help the transition, if you so choose to take my suggestion. "
"It really does have a kind of... poetry to it."

He paused.

"Oh, and I know how to walk on water, so I expect I should find shipboard life... interesting."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:10 pm

"Well, then." Yoshi raises the bottle he has purloined and raises it in a toast. "To the happy couple, may they have many happy years together!"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)