[Day 14, Mid-Morning] I Fucking Knew It (Open)

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Shiba Raizo

Re: [Day 14, Mid-Morning] I Fucking Knew It (Open)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:09 pm

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:07 pm
"What would you do to be with her? What would you do to offer a save haven for her, to be happy and together?"
It wasn't the booze talking.

"Anything that wouldn't, by her association with me, invalidate the haven I could offer by bringing her down with me."

He paused.

"Big part of why I've been... trying to behave myself around here, to be honest."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:11 pm

The Kitsu interjected.

"You remember where we first met, Shiba-san, Aimi-san? Head about three miles north and there's an unmanned river where me and the pride worked out once."

The implications were obvious.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:35 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:09 pm

It wasn't the booze talking.

"Anything that wouldn't, by her association with me, invalidate the haven I could offer by bringing her down with me."

He paused.

"Big part of why I've been... trying to behave myself around here, to be honest."
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:11 pm
The Kitsu interjected.

"You remember where we first met, Shiba-san, Aimi-san? Head about three miles north and there's an unmanned river where me and the pride worked out once."

The implications were obvious.
Aimi wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:07 pm
-snip-

"My offer is something similar. I don't doubt that you would turn to the life of a ronin Raizo-san. But I think there is a way that we all can get out of this...well, with some drama, but all of us saving a bit of face. As I mentioned earlier, I suspected that Aimi-san might be a Musha Shugyo. With the vagaries of that, the samurai ceases to be themselves at the start and the ronin vanishes into non-existence at their return. And if the ronin ceases to be, then well" Yoshi shrugs "How can there be any slight upon myself for losing a bride. If anything, it would be a slight upon the Shika for not taking it into consideration. And with myself taking a position in the Chisei district of Otoson Uchi, it could even be a blessing to be unwed."

Yoshi looks at the pair. "Now, the Tortoise makes an open status of accepting ronin. It would be of little difficulty for Kasuga Aimi...or whatever name you wish to return from Musha Shuyo. Now, perhaps it might make a stir in the Phoenix to break your miai partner Raizo-san, but the Tortoise care little for such things. In fact, it would likely help relations between the Clans. A mild scandal that is quickly forgotten, and the shame of the loss of my bride ought to counter any slight the Shika express at losing you as a son in law."

"That is what I offer: a home. A stipend. Legitimacy...or at least as a legitimate as a Tortoise can be. And each other." Yoshi looks at the pair. "What do you say?"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:38 pm

Raizo looked at Aimi.

"This means more for you, love. The choice should be yours."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:54 pm

"...it feels almost wrong to quibble, honestly," Aimi says with a frown, "Your scheme is very clever, Yoshi-san, and it may even work. But you speak of a stipend, legitimacy, things that I have never had and learned to live without. So I ask this instead - what would Kasuga Aimi be doing, then, as her trade and duty? I'm a wanderer and a priestess, but you said yourself the Tortoise have no shugenja tradition of their own."
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:05 pm

Aimi wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:54 pm
"...it feels almost wrong to quibble, honestly," Aimi says with a frown, "Your scheme is very clever, Yoshi-san, and it may even work. But you speak of a stipend, legitimacy, things that I have never had and learned to live without. So I ask this instead - what would Kasuga Aimi be doing, then, as her trade and duty? I'm a wanderer and a priestess, but you said yourself the Tortoise have no shugenja tradition of their own."
Yoshi offers a smile. "As you said, we have no tradition of our own. Virtually none of us are born with the gift. Therefore, whatever you do would break no traditions. But as to what you would do...you call yourself a wanderer? Have you ever wondered about the lands beyond Rokugan? There are many secrets I cannot share, but a visit to Slow Tide Harbor would be illuminating. Men of skin as dark as charcoal, and others, pale of skin and with eyes the color of the sea, with ships that cross deep waters. The Mantis have shugenja on their ships, to guide and to speak to the winds. It would be a boon to any captain to have one such as that on their ship, as they go beyond..." Yoshi leaves off, not quite mentioning what beyond quite means, leaving it implied.
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:08 pm

"Oh so when I suggest it I get called a villain and a rogue but when Kasuga-san does it suddenly it's all well and good..."

The Kitsu mutters under his breath.
PM if thread desired

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:04 pm

Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:05 pm
Yoshi offers a smile. "As you said, we have no tradition of our own. Virtually none of us are born with the gift. Therefore, whatever you do would break no traditions. But as to what you would do...you call yourself a wanderer? Have you ever wondered about the lands beyond Rokugan? There are many secrets I cannot share, but a visit to Slow Tide Harbor would be illuminating. Men of skin as dark as charcoal, and others, pale of skin and with eyes the color of the sea, with ships that cross deep waters. The Mantis have shugenja on their ships, to guide and to speak to the winds. It would be a boon to any captain to have one such as that on their ship, as they go beyond..." Yoshi leaves off, not quite mentioning what beyond quite means, leaving it implied.
"...huh," Aimi says, the very picture of eloquence and grace. "That... doesn't sound too bad, actually. I think I'd be willing."

She stops then, and looks to Raizo. "And what about you? I don't have a family or a duty, there's none of that weighing on my mind. But you... you do."
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:53 pm

Aimi wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:04 pm
"...huh," Aimi says, the very picture of eloquence and grace. "That... doesn't sound too bad, actually. I think I'd be willing."

She stops then, and looks to Raizo. "And what about you? I don't have a family or a duty, there's none of that weighing on my mind. But you... you do."
"I have a family I don't speak to, a duty I've grown to hate, and a Crane-made back banner that pronounces to the world that 'I like to travel.'"

He picked up his empty sake cup and and raised it to her in a sort of salute.

"I also have superiors who gave me a heavy damn bronze prayer wheel honoring Benten to carry to an event that's more about Musubi, so, you know, if those brilliant theologians couldn't see where that was going to end up..."
Remember to Breathe

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:05 pm

Kitsu raised a cup of his own in salute.

That's at least one tragedy averted...

...He couldn't help but wish the other had worked out, however.
PM if thread desired