(D13, LA) Toasting our Stars

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Kuni Yasu

Re: (D13, LA) Toasting our Stars

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:37 am

She laughs a bit. "I'm eldest and will have my parents' estate to manage someday, most likely. Your castle is rather far from my research and other duties as well. But I'll send you recommendations if you want them, just send me word."

"A Lion who doesn't want war?" There's a slight tone of teasing, but her expression is mostly serious. "You know I find most of the fighting between clans to be a waste of resources the Empire could throw to the real threat. But you're not going to be popular most places with that opinion."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:31 pm

Ishioka nods his head thoughtfully.

"The war with the Crane is never really over, and a war with the Unicorn all too possible. If others take sides..." He shakes his head. "As you know, duty comes first, and my sword is always at Matsu Tsuko-dono's command," he says, a little discomfort evident but controlled. "I just hope to focus my heart and mind on putting my family to rights, as that's... Well, you understand." He takes a longer drink this time, looking thoughtful still.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:57 am

"At least you're unlikely to face your new wife's family on the battlefield, assuming the Deer chose as you have. They don't come down from the mountains in that sort of force much." Or ever that Yasu can recall.

"Settling your family?" Yasu pauses a moment. "Is that your responsibility though?" she asks quietly. "You're going to have a household to organize for you and your wife. Plenty to do."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:04 am

"It... In light of circumstances," Ishioka says, sounding perhaps too weary of thinking about it to fully explain, "I would not be surprised if my parents wanted me and my wife at the estate, to step back themselves, and... My older sisters may be quite content to remain focused on their own households. It..." He looks at the table. "Hachiko's death changed a lot of things, and it's not clear how much or how far in all matters." He seems to be alluding to comments like he'd made before, about suddenly becoming his parents' most favored child as they grieved unhealthily the loss of their youngest daughter.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description