[D12 LE] Pick Your Poison

Where the Deer clan and their visitors get their sake on
Susaki Tanabe

[D12 LE] Pick Your Poison

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:31 pm

Tanabe arrived at the bar in a blue kimono, like his others the garment was just a touch too snug on his large frame. He found a table and sat ordering several bottles of Sake but only two cups. If the Scorpion was as sturdy as she looked they would likely need two bottles a piece to start feeling something.

He sat awaiting the arrival of his drinking buddy for the evening, whistling an old river song to himself while he did.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Bayushi Luixian

Re: [D12 LE] Pick Your Poison

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:57 pm

Luixian showed up wearing her common attire. Her mask was changed though. It was a wooden one carved into the visage of a snarling tiger but her mouth was uncovered so she could drink without worry.

With heavy steps she made her way to the table and sat down with a thud. "All those for me? I'm touched." She teased when she noticed the bottles.
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:39 pm

"What can I say I'm a thoughtful Otter." He said in reply with a grin as he popped one of the bottles and poured them each a cup. Holding his up he said a hearty "kampai!" And shot it back assuming she followed suit he reloaded the cups with a smile on his lips.

He looked up at her as he did so "so how many masks do you have? I think I've counted three so far."

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:39 pm

She watched impassively as he poured a cup but instead of joining suit she took one of the bottles and opened it before knocking a swig back. It was quicker than having to pour a cup each time. "I have three. My normal one. One for when I plan on drinking heavily. One for the baths or when in my armor. Not too many Scorpion have that many. We tend to stick with just one."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:38 pm

Tanabe grinned "Wow your time with the Crab really rubbed off on you. You drink just like a Hida!" He said laughing.

As the laughing quieted he was left with a happy smile as he downed the cup he had poured and picked up the bottle he had been pouring from inclining it to her in a toast of sorts before taking a swig of his own.

"So you just more pragmatic than most Scorpion? How did you end up with three masks to their one? You ever take it off entirely?"

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:21 am

"I don't know about that. I'm good but still end up getting out drank by some of the Hida." She snorted but had a hint of a smile on her face. "It's just easier to drink from the bottle. Saves time having to pour cup after cup after cup."

She returned the toast.

"As much as I love my oni mask it makes drinking or eating a bitch of a time. It's why I'd wear this one instead. It was just practical. The third one was a gift by.. By a close friend. So I wear it for her."
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:19 am

Tanabe snorted a little "Practical to everything, well if you're doing it I'm doing it. You're right it makes sense and the only reason I normally wouldn't would be politeness." he says with a smile as he takes another swig.

Tanabe nods with some understanding, knowing who this friend likely was "That's interesting. Does the Oni mask have a meaning or was it a gift? Forgive me if that's a rude question, I don't know much about Scorpion ways or traditions." hthe big Otter gave her a curious look slightly tilting his head.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:59 pm

"Well you don't have to worry about that politeness bullshit about me. I'm not the one with a stick so far up my ass you could use me as a puppet." She snorted and thought back to the Imperial she was referring to.

"My main mask is multi-layered with meaning. Most every mask is personal to a Scorpion and is usually given by someone or handed down or usually picked out. Not all though. Some don't care enough and wear whatever one they touched first because they don't care. Mine however does have meaning. I've got a cousin who's much like me. Big bastard with a rude mouth and demeanor but she went to a Scorpion school and follows the traditions closely. She gave me the mask in hopes I'd be a proper Scorpion even though I went to a Crab school. The oni part of the mask comes from the fact I went to a Crab school. Shadowlands and all the oni out there after all. She said it would show everyone what I'd faced while still reminding them not to trust me. A duality of traditions, techniques and cultures wrapped up into a neat bitch."
Profile/Description

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:30 pm

Tanabe rose an eyebrow and smiled at that but then just shook his head and laughed taking another pull from the bottle.

He then listened to her explanation of masks and her mask and nodded along with it "ahh I got ya, makes sense and that's very nice of your cousin. To make a mask that has so much meaning in it." He says leaning back and nodding "I can sympathize with holding traditions of two clans, maybe not such distant ones as Crab and Scorpion, but I get some of it."