(D2: LE) Hungry Eyes

A well-guarded library off-limits to outsiders
Kaikoga Koi

Re: (D2: LE) Hungry Eyes

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:23 am

Koi frowned, she had been meaning to avoid that particular fish. "Ah. True. Perhaps I shall then." She said dryly, and smiled. "Hm, a girl has her techniques." She mused with a smile as she seemed to be pulling herself back to normal finding the flirtation and kindness of the Deer an anchor for her to hold onto.

She mused for a bit. "Shall I wait here then?"
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:37 am

"I'll see about taking a look, though it may be late for the librarians," Nesshin says. "Please do wait here, yes," he adds, and he goes to check...

(Gonna query the GM for stuff.)
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:53 am

While Neeshin was gone Koi took the time to collect herself properly, she took that time to stuff down her grief and tension with the biggest mallet mentally she could muster and hammer it down into the smallest, little box deep within herself before covering it in seals, chains and giant mental rock hoping just for now that she had it under control.

She took the time to tidy herself up, and to correct her clothing a little bit even tidy her make up just a little so she didnt look so despairingly hideous. Once that she was sure that she looked presentable, and in control of her senses again the young Koi pulled out her notebook about all the information she had collected so far and began to go through it - which wasnt much.

And waited patiently.

((No worries, presume Koi is waiting patiently and we can shift to the scene in the library if need to RP out.))
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:54 pm

It's a bit, but Nesshin returns with the answers he's sought.

"So," he says, "the library itself is genealogical. There's not much of anything on spirits from this area marrying in; I can say so much without compromising...things. Some work on magistracy, though, which made for some interesting conversation. But," and here, he pauses, takes a breath. "There are...discussions of...some spirits in the area. Animal spirits and tricksters. They...coexist with the Deer, it is said, helping us protect our lands and...misguiding many who come with hostile intent. It is clear to those who study such things that the barriers between realms are...thinner here."

He shakes his head. "But I...am not adept with such things. At all. The spirits do not speak to me as to others in the Clan. So I...have generally heeded the tales little. And that is to my folly, I realize."

Nesshin lapses into thought, his normal joviality fallen away.

~~~~~
Made an agenda roll, https://sakkaku.org/rolls/388; passed at 3 Sux / 1 Opp / 3 Strife, spending 1 Opp to eat 1 Strife; net 2 Strife, 2 Agenda Points
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:22 pm

Koi waited patiently, and quietly in order not to draw attention when Neeshin departed before beaming with a smile with joy, genuine joy when Neeshin returned. "Oh thank you!"

She moved closer towards the Deer and placed her hand on his once she knew they were private. "I see that is actually really useful information Neeshin and I appreciate that you were able to at least confirm some things that have been playing in my mind."

Koi brow furrowed as she squeezed the hand of the Deer. "Did you get perhaps any locations in the city that are more touched by the realms than others? Knowing where to look is half the battle. I know the temple, and the tree hold spiritual interest and perhaps the forest but anywhere else might help me further. Wait, you said they speak to people in your Clan? Whom?"

Koi thought for a moment, and touched the chin of Neeshin softly. "You are young, and filled with your great spirit. I have never met a person with such Compassion and that has made be begin to fall for you. More than perhaps, I'd admit. You have done nothing wrong, know that even I at times don't believe in things commonly followed by others. Heed not that does not change the man I have grown to..."

Koi paused, and whispered powerful, and genuine words. Delicate words. "I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:34 pm

Nesshin smiles at her smile and squeezes her hand in return when she takes his. At her words, he blinks, surprised. She's got it bad, he thinks. I guess it is the touch of the Fortunes.

He takes her hand in his again, holds it to his chest. His other reaches out to caress her cheek. And he whispers "Perhaps...you would come up? This is a terrible place for what comes next." And he grins, remembering a time before that bore out the assertion.

The other questions, I can answer later.

D11+, has a second fan.

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:39 pm

Koi smiled a wicked smile. Gotcha back...good.

Koi nodded once. "Yes but I have to get up early, I am having tea with the Kuni and I will not miss that appointment." Koi glanced at the Deer with a look of almost disappointment. "I suppose we should go up, you'd make too much noise by the time we are done and it would be very hard to explain."

She rose, and offered her hand to Neeshin. "Come on then."

/FTB? /scene?

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:41 pm

"We'll see if you have trouble sitting after," Nesshin says, referring back to earlier words.

/ftb and /scene--and thanks!

D11+, has a second fan.