(D8, ME) Waiting for Unsei

A discrete geisha house for those needing to set down their mask for awhile.
Kitsu Tsugumasa

Re: (D8, ME) Waiting for Unsei

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:37 am

Tsugumasa said nothing for a long time as he pondered the Scorpion's words.

"That is a difficult road to walk, Bayushi-san. There is strength in numbers, and if you cut yourself off from everyone...if you are nothing but an aggressor to be united against, there is little hope of you overcoming everything that life throws in your path." he offers.
Lion Clan * Shugenja * Miai Candidate

"Failure would shame my ancestors."

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:14 pm

She lifted up the pointer finger on her left hand.

"And that's where you're wrong. You and I'm sure others here are assuming I'm cutting myself off from others because I don't like anyone. I happen to work very well with others when there's a need for it. I work valiantly and compassionately with my brothers and sisters in arms. What I'm not doing is pussyfooting around here trying to get someone to like me as a wife. It's also one of the reasons I took so long to actually begin dealing with all of this nonsense. I waited so that everyone would get their eyes on someone else first so when I did show up I wouldn't have anyone wasting my time trying to romance me."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:58 pm

Bayushi Luixian wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:14 pm
She lifted up the pointer finger on her left hand.

"And that's where you're wrong. You and I'm sure others here are assuming I'm cutting myself off from others because I don't like anyone. I happen to work very well with others when there's a need for it. I work valiantly and compassionately with my brothers and sisters in arms. What I'm not doing is pussyfooting around here trying to get someone to like me as a wife. It's also one of the reasons I took so long to actually begin dealing with all of this nonsense. I waited so that everyone would get their eyes on someone else first so when I did show up I wouldn't have anyone wasting my time trying to romance me."
Tsugumasa sipped his sake.

"There is...some wisdom in what you say Bayushi-san. But, ultimately at the end of the miai, you will be paired off with someone, Bayushi-san. It won't matter if it's someone you've barely laid eyes on, or not, it will happen. You may even find yourself in different colors come next winter court. These couple of weeks provide us all with an opportunity to learn more about the person we will be sharing the rest of our life with, and their customs."

He considered it.

"They say that ignorance is bliss, and that knowledge is power. From what I know the Scorpion tend to prefer to be powerful than blissful Two weeks is little time compared to a lifetime, I suppose..."

He shook his head.

"Your life, your choices though, Bayushi-san. I hope that whatever awaits you is good for you." he offers with a lift of the cup.
Lion Clan * Shugenja * Miai Candidate

"Failure would shame my ancestors."

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:17 pm

Kitsu Tsugumasa wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:58 pm
Tsugumasa sipped his sake.

"There is...some wisdom in what you say Bayushi-san. But, ultimately at the end of the miai, you will be paired off with someone, Bayushi-san. It won't matter if it's someone you've barely laid eyes on, or not, it will happen. You may even find yourself in different colors come next winter court. These couple of weeks provide us all with an opportunity to learn more about the person we will be sharing the rest of our life with, and their customs."

He considered it.

"They say that ignorance is bliss, and that knowledge is power. From what I know the Scorpion tend to prefer to be powerful than blissful Two weeks is little time compared to a lifetime, I suppose..."

He shook his head.

"Your life, your choices though, Bayushi-san. I hope that whatever awaits you is good for you." he offers with a lift of the cup
"Knowledge is power and yet happy or pleasant marriages are the last thing on a Scorpion's mind. I do understand I will be married by the end of this and all it will be is another facet of my duty completed. My happiness is nothing compared to the needs and wants of my clan. The same should be said for the other clans but many of the people here forget that."

She took a sip of her sake. "Besides you speak as if the person I put my eyes on will be the one the matchmakers marry me to and that I would say is very wrong. I could spend days courting someone and it's more than just a chance the nakodo will marry me to a stranger."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description