(D8, ME) Waiting for Unsei

A discrete geisha house for those needing to set down their mask for awhile.
Saibankan

(D8, ME) Waiting for Unsei

Post by Saibankan » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:04 am

Kitsu Tsugumasa set in the waiting area of the geisha house waiting for Seppun Unsei. He wondered if this was really the best course of action. He wasn't great at inspiring others...but it had seemed to him that Seppun Unsei needed this opportunity as much as he did. They had gone from nice to explosively volatile so quickly though. There was a decent enough chance they simply wouldn't show up. He was no great lord to command people's appearance.

Still, he hoped that his words about their ancestors, and their gifts had inspired them to show up tonight. Even if it was just to tell him off. If he could help a member of the Imperial families feel just a little bit better about themselves, then he'd know that he had done a good thing.

Oddly enough, he was reminded of this odd play where two monks sat together in a park waiting for a character who never arrived. But alone as he was, it would certainly make a dull reimagining.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Bayushi Luixian

Re: (D8, ME) Waiting for Unsei

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:20 am

Unsei was not the one to show up. They were currently away frolicking in the gardens. Yet someone did show up to give the Kitsu some company even if it was not what either one were expecting.

Dressed in her usual and extremely casual attire of a hakama and a kosode that was only hanging on by a sleeve while her other arm laid bare, along with a sarashi around her chest came Luixian. Her fiery hair was tied back and her three eyed oni mask stared down all as she looked through the waiting area for whoever this promised 'pretty boy' was. No one here looked like her type of pretty boy so she walked up to one of the geisha and spoke.

"Seppun Unsei-san sent me. Claims there's someone here for me this evening?"
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:48 am

Bayushi Luixian wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:20 am
Unsei was not the one to show up. They were currently away frolicking in the gardens. Yet someone did show up to give the Kitsu some company even if it was not what either one were expecting.

Dressed in her usual and extremely casual attire of a hakama and a kosode that was only hanging on by a sleeve while her other arm laid bare, along with a sarashi around her chest came Luixian. Her fiery hair was tied back and her three eyed oni mask stared down all as she looked through the waiting area for whoever this promised 'pretty boy' was. No one here looked like her type of pretty boy so she walked up to one of the geisha and spoke.

"Seppun Unsei-san sent me. Claims there's someone here for me this evening?"
The geisha bowed deeply.

Seppun Unsei did not send word of such to our house, Bayushi-sama. Kitsu Tsgumasa over there is waiting for them to arrive. Perhaps they intended for you to meet him?"
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:56 am

Saibankan wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:48 am
The geisha bowed deeply.

Seppun Unsei did not send word of such to our house, Bayushi-sama. Kitsu Tsgumasa over there is waiting for them to arrive. Perhaps they intended for you to meet him?"
Luixian was silent for several seconds as she worked through what she had just been told. Without a word she bowed to the geisha and stomped to the meek appearing Kitsu.

"You." She thundered. "Is it true that you're waiting for that little Imperial shit?"
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Profile/Description

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:21 am

Bayushi Luixian wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:56 am
Saibankan wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:48 am
The geisha bowed deeply.

Luixian was silent for several seconds as she worked through what she had just been told. Without a word she bowed to the geisha and stomped to the meek appearing Kitsu.

"You." She thundered. "Is it true that you're waiting for that little Imperial shit?"
Tsugumasa looked up at the escaped villain rampaging away from the local play. Those curses truly were potent!

"Errrrr...Seppun Unsei? I am. Are they....not coming?" he said, confused as to why there was a rampaging oni-Scorpion bellowing at him.
Lion Clan * Shugenja * Miai Candidate

"Failure would shame my ancestors."

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:29 am

Kitsu Tsugumasa wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:21 am
Tsugumasa looked up at the escaped villain rampaging away from the local play. Those curses truly were potent!

"Errrrr...Seppun Unsei? I am. Are they....not coming?" he said, confused as to why there was a rampaging oni-Scorpion bellowing at him.
"Hida's fucking asshairs." She hissed. "No. They aren't coming. They sent me a letter saying that they had set me up with a pretty boy for this evening and you are certainly not pretty. Which means what did you do to annoy the shit which then caused them to annoy me?"
Profile/Description

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:02 am

Bayushi Luixian wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:29 am

"Hida's fucking asshairs." She hissed. "No. They aren't coming. They sent me a letter saying that they had set me up with a pretty boy for this evening and you are certainly not pretty. Which means what did you do to annoy the shit which then caused them to annoy me?"
Tsugumasa looked somewhat unhappy at that. Well, unhappier.

"I see. I'm honestly not sure, Bayushi-san. They were acting most erratically. First they offered to spend tonight seeking fun and joy with me, and then they were yelling about how useless and unimportant they were."

He shook his head.

"If they had not come, I could accept that. If they had sent a letter saying that they would not come, I could accept that. But to arrange this meeting in such a manner, wasting not just my but your time....that is harder for me to accept."

He looked at the Bayushi curiously.

"What did you do to Seppun-sama to be treated as an elaborate joke by them, Bayushi-san?" he asked, wondering how the Bayushi must have wronged the Seppun.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:28 am

Kitsu Tsugumasa wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:02 am
"What did you do to Seppun-sama to be treated as an elaborate joke by them, Bayushi-san?" he asked, wondering how the Bayushi must have wronged the Seppun.
"I'm their cousin. We've got a sort of friendly war going on between us. I dared them to climb up a tree which caused them to break their toe when they fell from it. They stole my quail and made me think she had been eaten. I stole their favorite fortune telling gem. Now they've told me I was going to have a fun evening but then only had me meet you. A man here only for a shugenja-ko."

She sat down at the table. If she were to have her evening wasted she would waste them on her ass. "Yet as annoying as they are there tends to be a method to their special brand of insanity. You must've pissed them off in some manner so what part of the story aren't you telling me? They don't often ditch a date over nothing."

While speaking she was planning what retaliation would look like.
Profile/Description

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:41 am

Tsugumasa nodded understandingly.

"Ah, family." he said with the kind of sympathy that put the pair in their current situation, if for very different reasons.

"I really can't offer any more insight into why they acted like they did, Bayushi-san. I can offer a cup of sake, so your night is at least not a complete waste." he offered. It was the least he could do after all.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:27 am

"Make it a bottle or two and that should do it. Cup doesn't do near as much as it should." She grunted. She doubted his words but it didn't appear to be a route worth trying to pull out of him.

"My night isn't a waste yet. You could prove to be a fun hour and then after that I'm going to go get my revenge."
Profile/Description