[D8 EA, Expecting] - Sure, Lions can swim, but...

A discrete geisha house for those needing to set down their mask for awhile.
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: [D8 EA, Expecting] - Sure, Lions can swim, but...

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:32 am

Bayushi Minae wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:20 am
Minae tilted her head at that.

"I have a target in mind, but information is a currency that one is always willing to trade for." she said, intrigued by the Kitsu. "I assume there is something you would like in exchange?"
The Lion nodded.

"I would ask for no more than I receive: I try and help with your target and, if I know something which helps, we see if you know anything that can help me with mine. If neither of us know anything, then we end up no worse than we started. Besides,"

A smile began to form on his face.

"Would you believe your company is a currency in and of itself?"

It wasn't original, but it sent a simple message alongside the usual compliment: I value your time.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:24 am

Minae grinned.

"Of course, but it's considered tasteless to openly acknowledge it." she said, still pleased by the compliment.

"I suppose we could go back and forth for a considerable amount of time, but eventually someone has to offer something for us to proceed, so I may as well. I'm interested in Seppun Yuzu."
Scorpion Clan *Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Oh my, however did that get there?"

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:40 am

Bayushi Minae wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:24 am
Minae grinned.

"Of course, but it's considered tasteless to openly acknowledge it." she said, still pleased by the compliment.

"I suppose we could go back and forth for a considerable amount of time, but eventually someone has to offer something for us to proceed, so I may as well. I'm interested in Seppun Yuzu."
The Kitsu shook a negative, then offered a bow.

"A fine choice, but forgive me once more - I know nothing of this Seppun. If it helps, I know none of the Lion have interest in him, as well as Agasha Inoshishi-san, Kaito Oubaihime-san, and Asahina Soyokaze-san. I myself am interested in the hand of Seppun Unsei-sama, but since I could not help you I expect none in return in that regard."

He wondered, perhaps, if there was something else he could help with...
PM if thread desired

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:53 pm

Minae arches an eyebrow at that.

"Really? Seppun Unsei? An interesting choice, Kitsu-san. Might I ask what drew you to them? Merely to satiate my own curiosity of course." she asks.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:09 pm

Bayushi Minae wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:53 pm
Minae arches an eyebrow at that.

"Really? Seppun Unsei? An interesting choice, Kitsu-san. Might I ask what drew you to them? Merely to satiate my own curiosity of course." she asks.
The Kitsu shrugged.

"She was mysterious, encouraging and enjoyed my company. I was eager, complimentary and enjoyed hers. It just kind of... happened, I suppose. Forgive me that there aren't more twists and turns."
PM if thread desired

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:58 pm

Minae smiled.

"Life is often like a garden maze. While appearing complicated, sometimes there really is a straight path through. And it doesn't help to have a bit of luck on your side to find the right path." she offered.

"Plus, it doesn't hurt to find someone who isn't surrounded by would-be suitors. It's a crowded field for those seeking to win Kaito-san or Reina-san's hands. A pity that the Heavens did not give them more."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:21 pm

Bayushi Minae wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:58 pm
Minae smiled.

"Life is often like a garden maze. While appearing complicated, sometimes there really is a straight path through. And it doesn't help to have a bit of luck on your side to find the right path." she offered.
The Kitsu was enjoying the company, he had to admit. If Scorpion funerals had taught the Obituarian anything, is that Scorpions have a weakness to kindness, especially if it's coming from a Lion. It would be interesting to see how many Crane Minae had the misfortune of working with, testing the waters with a genuine compliment.

"I hope that your path to Seppun-Yuzu-sama is as easy as you imply - if our time here is any indication, he'll be a very happy man with you at his side."
Bayushi Minae wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:58 pm
"Plus, it doesn't hurt to find someone who isn't surrounded by would-be suitors. It's a crowded field for those seeking to win Kaito-san or Reina-san's hands. A pity that the Heavens did not give them more."
The Lion nodded at her analysis.

"The situation regarding Kaito-san is one I find personally tragic and amusing at the same time, as I sometimes find myself acting as a listener to at least two, sometimes all three of the main cast. What I imagine some playwrights would give to dream but a glimpse of the complex narrative at work..."

He cut off his thought with a drink.

"Admittedly I stopped watching the plays myself early on. The one about two Phoenixes falling in love with the same person was the end of my patience."

He shifted the topic to the other major icon of the Miai.

"I admit, beyond there being a desire for Kakita-san to be married to Hiroto-san of the Golden Mirror floating around, which I do not understand myself, I know nothing about that situation. If it's anything like Kaito-san's, I pray to Benten-no-kami for all the poor souls involved."
PM if thread desired

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:56 am

Minae laughed slightly at that.

"Oh I very much doubt it is anything like Kaito-san's situation." Minae offered. "Some have merely thought that uniting the two might help heal the rift that Kakita-san tore in Hiroto-san with a katana."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:02 am

Bayushi Minae wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:56 am
Minae laughed slightly at that.

"Oh I very much doubt it is anything like Kaito-san's situation." Minae offered. "Some have merely thought that uniting the two might help heal the rift that Kakita-san tore in Hiroto-san with a katana."
It was easily accepted by the Kitsu.

"Kakitas do tend to do that - trust me, I would know. You'd think since we need to resolve matters on their terms they'd be less... violent, perhaps?"
PM if thread desired

Bayushi Minae

Post by Bayushi Minae » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:38 am

A small shrug.

"Well, went you can't field an army the size of a Lion, you have to find other means to defeat them, ne?" she offers.

After all, who wasn't down for some good old fashioned Crane hate?