[D7 LA] The deepest sighs [open]

A discrete geisha house for those needing to set down their mask for awhile.
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: [D7 LA] The deepest sighs [open]

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:45 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:59 pm
Nesshin nods, sips at his tea as the Kitsu rehearses his tale.

"It's a good thing to try to ease a friend's way," he says. "And matters of the heart--and friendship is such a thing, to be sure--always leave a person open to hurt. We cannot love without making ourselves open, just as we cannot attack without inviting an attack, or move to defend without doing the same."

He shrugs. "I've no easy answers. But easy...you bear the tales of heroes. You can do this thing that you must do, and well. I believe it."
"I appreciate that this isn't something that has an easy answer, like you say. That you believe in me is... honestly a little inspiring. I'm not sure I can believe it myself, and yet... maybe? Since I had my fortune told and was told to believe in myself, I have seen... some success, I admit. But the enormity of the task ahead of me, I... I admit, it makes me nervous. Even if I could all upon many allies, I fear I would just drag more into death."

He gave an appreciative nod to the Deer.

"But I hope you are right - I do bear the tales of heroes. Heroes I have never met but that Rokugan has been foruntate to have ever had. If but an ounce of their strength rubs off on me, I may yet be able to do this."
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:49 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:45 pm
"I appreciate that this isn't something that has an easy answer, like you say. That you believe in me is... honestly a little inspiring. I'm not sure I can believe it myself, and yet... maybe? Since I had my fortune told and was told to believe in myself, I have seen... some success, I admit. But the enormity of the task ahead of me, I... I admit, it makes me nervous. Even if I could all upon many allies, I fear I would just drag more into death."

He gave an appreciative nod to the Deer.

"But I hope you are right - I do bear the tales of heroes. Heroes I have never met but that Rokugan has been foruntate to have ever had. If but an ounce of their strength rubs off on me, I may yet be able to do this."
"What's the wisdom? 'We tell the tales of heroes to remind ourselves we can be great?'" Nesshin offers, sipping at his tea again.

"War will always come, though. All manner of hardship will. We can but enjoy ourselves while time permits, and then face what comes bravely." He shrugs. "Try to do the former now; don't borrow trouble from tomorrow."
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:54 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:49 pm
"War will always come, though. All manner of hardship will. We can but enjoy ourselves while time permits, and then face what comes bravely." He shrugs. "Try to do the former now; don't borrow trouble from tomorrow."
The Kitsu listens, and more importantly, he tries to learn.

"Don't borrow trouble from tomorrow... that is good advice, Shika-san. It matches well with what I have been told - not to focus too much on the past, but remain in the present. Perhaps it is providence that I have been reminded to be in the present from you both. I must say, you are good at this, Shika-san."
PM if thread desired

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:06 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:54 pm
The Kitsu listens, and more importantly, he tries to learn.

"Don't borrow trouble from tomorrow... that is good advice, Shika-san. It matches well with what I have been told - not to focus too much on the past, but remain in the present. Perhaps it is providence that I have been reminded to be in the present from you both. I must say, you are good at this, Shika-san."
"Both?" Nesshin asks. "Never mind." He shakes his head, waves it away. "Doesn't matter who, really.

"But me? I'm just listening, putting in a few words. Nothing special about it--and glad to do it for friendly folks."

He wets his lips on the tea again.
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:32 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:06 pm
"Both?" Nesshin asks. "Never mind." He shakes his head, waves it away. "Doesn't matter who, really.

"But me? I'm just listening, putting in a few words. Nothing special about it--and glad to do it for friendly folks."

He wets his lips on the tea again.
The Kitsu sipped his tea.

"Sometimes, I suppose, that's all one needs. Speaking of needs, did you forward my recommendation to Katsuteru-sama? I admit, my Miai has been a whirlwind, so I have not had the chance to speak to him again."
PM if thread desired

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:55 am

"I've not had the chance to speak with him," Nesshin replies. "Having been...detached for the duration, I've not had my usual reporting time with him, and the miai has him busy if what I remember from prior events holds here.

"I apologize for that. I'll see if I can't slip in."

And if Moshu's player will kindly remind Nesshin's about details, it having bern a while.

D11+, has a second fan.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:12 am

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:55 am
"I apologize for that. I'll see if I can't slip in."

And if Moshu's player will kindly remind Nesshin's about details, it having bern a while.
"Take as much as time as you wish, Shika-san; It is only my recommendation that you be considered for at least clan magistrate is all. Katsuteru-sama and I know each other from before this miai and have bonded over my... 'work', shall we say. Hopefully, he should be amiable to my support."

The Kitsu sipped.

"I understand it may be better to wait until the end of the miai, it may not. Perhaps if your position was elevated, you could help alleviate him of some of his workload, no?"
PM if thread desired

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:50 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:12 am
"Take as much as time as you wish, Shika-san; It is only my recommendation that you be considered for at least clan magistrate is all. Katsuteru-sama and I know each other from before this miai and have bonded over my... 'work', shall we say. Hopefully, he should be amiable to my support."

The Kitsu sipped.

"I understand it may be better to wait until the end of the miai, it may not. Perhaps if your position was elevated, you could help alleviate him of some of his workload, no?"
"That'd be one way to frame it, to be sure," Nesshin notes, his player appreciative of the reminder. "And I find an itch gone that I hadn't known I had; thank you."

D11+, has a second fan.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:00 pm

Shika Nesshin wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:50 pm
"That'd be one way to frame it, to be sure," Nesshin notes, his player appreciative of the reminder. "And I find an itch gone that I hadn't known I had; thank you."
"What did I say? 'you scratch my back, I scratch yours'. Glad I could help."
PM if thread desired

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:44 pm

Nesshin nods.

"Anything else on your mind, then, Kitsu-san?" Nesshin asks. "Reflections on events so far, other than your...challenges? Anyone you see a red thread with?"

D11+, has a second fan.