[D7, EA, expecting] No fear

A discrete geisha house for those needing to set down their mask for awhile.
Matsu Ishioka

[D7, EA, expecting] No fear

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:18 am

On the street outside the house, a rather unremarkable looking Lion samurai stood, contemplating the lay few steps past the trees to the door. He hadn't entered yet in his time here. For some reason, this seemed different than the comforts of similar houses back at Kyuden Hida. Entering meant admitting something, at least to himself, and he didn't like the sound of it. So he stood silently and thought.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Bayushi Luixian

Re: [D7, EA, expecting] No fear

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:15 pm

Not hearing Luixian walk up behind him was impossible. Her footfalls were heavy and the sound of fabric swishing together was noticeable. So when she was close enough, she clapped his shoulder with no small amount of strength.

"Come along, Stone Matsu. No use hiding out here when all the pretty ladies and cute men are inside. They won't come to you."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:05 pm

"Uh," the Scorpions arrival still surprises him a bit, lost in thought as he was, but the clap on the shoulder and the force of Luixian's personality are enough to get his feet moving.

"Ah, my Red Demon friend," Ishioka says, relaxing slightly. "I haven't seen you for days -- well, aside from in passing at the tests." As they enter the House, the Lion steers toward a table with comfortable looking seats. "We could have a drink and catch up? I think, ah, some of these days have been like a whirlwind."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:57 am

"We could but don't get upset when my gaze isn't on you. I'm here to relax and look at the geisha." She answered as she walked in and then sat down at the table.

"I will have a drink or six but as we're waiting I'll ask you how you've been." She settled down and picked up the small bird that had been following behind her. "Did I ever introduce you to Quail? I believe I had one of her predecessors at Kyuden Hida but not sure if I showed her. I usually kept her in my room."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Profile/Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:38 am

"I don't recall meeting Quail, and I think I would remember something so distinct," he says.

"And I'm well, I am... I think this is going better than could possibly be expected," he says, sounding like he doesn't believe how well he feels. "It's all up to the nakodo, of course, but I... I have met some amazing samurai-ko here," he says, still in awe.
Description

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:12 am

"Tch." Was her first response but then she shook her head. "Good for you though. Glad to hear that someone is enjoying all of this mess." Once said she looked to a near waitress and ordered two bottles of sake.

Quail was sat in her lap. The bird fluffed itself up and rested there in peace.
Profile/Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:21 am

Setting his good mood aside for now, he reminds her, "Bayushi-san? You were going to explain your beloved Quail?" The look he gives her is mostly Stone Matsu neutrality, but there's an incredulous raised eyebrow as well, fairly clearly hinting that he's not going to let her get out of talking more.
Description

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:53 am

"Eh? I thought we were celebrating your recent engagement to whatever pretty samurai you had your stone eyes on. Bottles will be here soon and then we can really enjoy." Her mask hid her face but she was likely at least smirking as she ignored his look.
Profile/Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sat Aug 21, 2021 2:42 pm

The Matsu's eyes narrow, though a hint of smile remains on his face.

"Do not threaten this one with a good time, Bayushi-san," he says with a touch of good humor. Then he turns more serious. "And more importantly, do not tempt fate. It is not just one samurai-ko, and while I do not know how this will all end, I would be devastated to lose them both." He expects some ribbing from the Scorpion, but isn't going to waste time avoiding truths.
Description

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:07 pm

"Casting the net far and wide eh?" She snort but then shook her head somberly. "Seems a bit disingenuous doesn't it? Everyone out here looking for a decent marriage and yet all it's turning out to be is everyone courting everyone in hopes that they end up with someone they can tolerate. Heh. Just like a winter court but without the affairs and more heartbreak at the end."

When the drinks arrived she moved a bottle over to him and then had one for herself.

"Does it make it better? That there's no affairs?" She asked as she returned the seriousness. "At least not yet anyway."
Profile/Description