[D6 EA] - In the afternoon? [Open, inc. for NPCs]

A discrete geisha house for those needing to set down their mask for awhile.
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: [D6 EA] - In the afternoon? [Open, inc. for NPCs]

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:49 am

Hiroto wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:23 am
Hiroto laughed at that.

"Fortunes, if only that were the worst of it. For supposed paragons of honor, they sure suck at courtesy." he said, his language a bit rougher than should be, but it was a geisha house. "I know that the Mantis aren't a Great clan in the grand scheme of things, but is that any reason to treat them as any less?"
"I doubt they appreciate the military engagements on their shores but besides that, I'll let you in on a little secret - they push down on the minor clans because they aren't strong enough to push against their great clan peers. What little drive to improve, what a petty way to find self worth - how disgusting is that?""

The Kitsu reeled back for a large spitoon, but stopped himself and drank some tea instead.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't spit in front of you, but I do revile those peacocks. Please, do tell me more about how you dislike them."
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Hiroto

Post by Hiroto » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:31 am

Hiroto shook his head.

"They're just so rude. Maybe not all of them, but if you're going to invite someone as a host, then shouldn't you treat all your guests equally? If you don't want someone around, why invite them to you? Just to mock them behind gilded fans? Playing courtly games with them is like playing against someone with a loaded set of dice. You're just going to lose while they smirk and claim that they had nothing to do with it." he offered.
Mantis Clan * Golden Mirror * Miai Candidate

"I will not be slighted, set aside, and mocked!"

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:00 am

Hiroto wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:31 am
"They're just so rude. Maybe not all of them, but if you're going to invite someone as a host, then shouldn't you treat all your guests equally? If you don't want someone around, why invite them to you? Just to mock them behind gilded fans? Playing courtly games with them is like playing against someone with a loaded set of dice. You're just going to lose while they smirk and claim that they had nothing to do with it." he offered.
Moshu was pleased with the offering.

"And the moment you try and bring them to a level playing field they're all 't-t-t-t-t-t-that's not proper etiquette! You can only play the games I win at! MOOOOM,'" their mocking Crane voice crowed.
"I swear, they're like children playing pretend but because they started the game, they keep changing the rules until they win. Despicable."
PM if thread desired

Hiroto

Post by Hiroto » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:24 am

Hiroto nodded in agreement.

"with the minor difference that children's games don't end in sharpened steel." he added a bit ruefully.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:49 pm

Hiroto wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:24 am
Hiroto nodded in agreement.

"with the minor difference that children's games don't end in sharpened steel." he added a bit ruefully.
"Wisdom." The Kitsu noted.

"Speaking of the Mantis clan, how have things been going in the South-East? My works leaves me too landlocked to truly hear about the coasts, sadly. Last I remember, they still took the name of the ship or port they were stationed to?"
PM if thread desired

Hiroto

Post by Hiroto » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:34 pm

Hiroto nodded.

"Hai, that is why I am Hiroto of the Golden Mirror." he said. "Hm, at least for now. I don't really know how this whole miai thing will end up, But things are well, trade has been brisk."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:41 pm

Hiroto wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:34 pm
Hiroto nodded.

"Hai, that is why I am Hiroto of the Golden Mirror." he said. "Hm, at least for now. I don't really know how this whole miai thing will end up, But things are well, trade has been brisk."
"I'm glad to hear it. I've been working to establish better connections between the Lion and the Otter - perhaps if I had some kind of contact for the clan, or at least your ship, I could see to arranging a boon in trade? We both have a common enemy, after all."

A sip.

"Or if you'd rather not talk business, I am curious about the heirarchy of the Mantis. Is there, for a example, a naming system which defines which ship is superior to which, or is it just something you learn?"
PM if thread desired

Hiroto

Post by Hiroto » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:41 pm

Hiroto vonsiders the Lion's words.

"Hmm it might be possible, I could pass such an offer along to the captain at least." he agrees.

"As for the more important the ship...it tends to depend on the captain. The champion's ship is the most important followed by those that directly serve the champion and so forth. Of course, if the ship distinguishes itself in battle, the name tends to hold a little more weight as well. Even when the captain leaves for another chip, or dies, the ship tends to maintain it's reputation unless it suddenly finds itself run by a significantly worse captain. Damn shame that is." he explains.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:49 pm

Hiroto wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:41 pm
Hiroto vonsiders the Lion's words.

"Hmm it might be possible, I could pass such an offer along to the captain at least." he agrees.

"As for the more important the ship...it tends to depend on the captain. The champion's ship is the most important followed by those that directly serve the champion and so forth. Of course, if the ship distinguishes itself in battle, the name tends to hold a little more weight as well. Even when the captain leaves for another chip, or dies, the ship tends to maintain it's reputation unless it suddenly finds itself run by a significantly worse captain. Damn shame that is." he explains.
The Kitsu wrote down some details for contact.

"While I don't have a specific offer in mind, my Lord Matsu Hide-sama has asked I try and make communication with the minor clans. He has a vested interest in the Lion's Outreach. If your captain forwards my name, he'll approach you fairly and without prejudice. I can assure this because my Lord and I have been friends since childhood, almost."

"As for ship importance, that's really interesting. It's almost like a combination of a family and a regiment - perhaps you could tell me more over tea?"

[fade to tea, thanks for the scene!]
PM if thread desired